Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Are Engineered bases still a thing ?

  1. #31
    Forum Elder MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    2,433
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    This was what the forum believed, with isolated exceptions. The superstitious belief in "engineer flags" was widespread, and SC allowed the story to run unchallenged for about a year. Finally, in an interview, Darian had to address the question and confirmed that there is NO flag that directly causes engineers to match only engineers.

    Yet ghosts of this belief remain. Whenever someone mentions a tough time matching, some forumite will ask about engineered bases. Engineered bases can be used in roster engineering, but you can roster engineer with max bases too. Roster engineering can cause long war searches. But just having engineered bases causes me no problems in war matching. I frequently use 4 to 5 engineers in 25v25 and 30v30 and match in under an hour twice a week, every week.

    We know nothing about how the MMA really works, but my theory (today) hinges on a two stage match. Clans are matched first on total weight (offense plus defense). Then in a second stage, there is a round of "lane checks" which matches weights of mirrors. If a match fails too many lane checks then it is rejected and the search continues. The second stage explains the difficulty of matching manicured rosters. There appears to be a lot of tolerance in the lane check, and obviously it allows a percentage of bases to fail or we would never get any match. It may even be weighted towards the top of the roster, but that is really pushing the speculation.

    I admit this is speculation. But it is a theory that fits what is happening in the game. It explains what I see better than the "engineer flag" story ever did.
    I like max bases in war, a clan mate has a max base for every TH, It's just a goal of his. When you are searching MM, it is the pieces and the balance of all forces. I haven't noticed Sam's theory of 5 and 23, though I do find i can find the boundary.

    Been getting around lately, brought a spare base of mine over to another streak clan, now in four 130+ streak clans lol.

    Tiger blood?
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

    Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

  2. #32
    Forum All-Star joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,375
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I like max bases in war, a clan mate has a max base for every TH, It's just a goal of his. When you are searching MM, it is the pieces and the balance of all forces. I haven't noticed Sam's theory of 5 and 23, though I do find i can find the boundary.

    Been getting around lately, brought a spare base of mine over to another streak clan, now in four 130+ streak clans lol.

    Tiger blood?
    To be fair mate, you learned me its not so much what you have, rather than the way you use them, that creates that winning formula.
    Both Sam and yourself are ultra successful, but the approach seems to be chalk and cheese.

    WB is pretty similar to A10.5, account wise, and the opponents are wiped off the map almost before anyone has realised the war started.. 2 superb streaker clans.
    But what amazed me most was MS, with its blend of build strats and balance.. Those breakdowns and matching ability are a wonder..
    That clan is where most of the knowledge is put to the test..
    Of course, there is some good engineering pedigree walk thru that door.. Is worth the effort just for the chat.

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil2303 View Post
    I am a returning player, i used to play Clash like 3 years ago when engineering was prevalent . I know that SC have made it mandatory for a player to drop all buildings before upgrading to the next town hall level in order to curb engineered bases.

    I have a new TH9 account , so should i drop those xbows instantly or should they be my last defense ,since earlier defenses used to have a much higher war weight (i am aware that now offense also plays an important role in war weight).

    Any Help would be appreciated.
    Whether anybody likes engineered bases or not, that is not the main issue. If a player elects to have engineered bases and enjoy playing and SC donot effect any rules against such bases then the matter rests there. Of course those who hAve started earlier will have maxed their bases. But the entrants to participate in games wars go for engineering to get advanced troops.
    Ultimately the choice has been left to the players. Aim to enjoy clashing.
    I use 5 engineered bases .
    Last edited by CHANDRU1955; September 23rd, 2020 at 05:12 PM.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    The beauty of this game is the diversity contained within it mate.
    Whatever your poison, you go enjoy it.

    But the forums are full of all types of players.. Its what makes community forum so interesting.. And with a little reading and interest, educational.
    So no mate, engineering bases are not gone, although the face of engineering has evolved beyond comprehension.

    Same as the perma max invulnerability, the low defence high offence advantage has also been phased out due to changes in the MMA, and indeed the progression path rules in the case of lop siders..
    But that doesnt mean engineering is gone.. Indeed those that know how weights are applied, and know how the matching patterns work, are still thriving.
    The 3 clans I mentioned are on 411, 276, and 136 win streak as we speak.. And my money is on the former breaking the all time best streak, currently at 518, compiled by Bangkok B @War.

    Hopefully they dont get an unlucky war draw, make a mistake, or get found by hunters..
    Otherwise all those years of planning and meticulous attention to detail ends in one fatal swoop.
    Sam is a nice guy, hope it keeps rolling for the foreseeable future for him.

    With that in mind.. Time to let things quiet back down.. Publicity aint good.
    One of the lures of COC is the rules were flexible. You can skip some steps or sacrifice your defences in favour of offences. But ultimately you should be able to enjoy the game . We wanted to participate in CWL and harvest medals . Our members decided to go for engineering so that we can move up the ladder and hardest more medals. Now we are trying to consolidate our position by investing in defence.
    As long as SC allows Engineering is going to stay with us.
    Thank you

  5. #35
    Forum All-Star joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,375
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRU1955 View Post
    One of the lures of COC is the rules were flexible. You can skip some steps or sacrifice your defences in favour of offences. But ultimately you should be able to enjoy the game . We wanted to participate in CWL and harvest medals . Our members decided to go for engineering so that we can move up the ladder and hardest more medals. Now we are trying to consolidate our position by investing in defence.
    As long as SC allows Engineering is going to stay with us.
    Thank you
    But that isnt engineering.. That is simply offense rushing.
    In order to engineer, the roster has to balance, otherwise the war spin cant be controlled.

    Nothing wrong with what you are doing.. If cwl is your thing, then offense is most important, since offense is the only criteria that is measured on the league table.
    Only time defense matters in cwl is if the clan is looking to promote, so war days need to be won..
    And usually cant win without being able to defend, unless the clan is in too low of a tier.

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    But that isnt engineering.. That is simply offense rushing.
    In order to engineer, the roster has to balance, otherwise the war spin cant be controlled.

    Nothing wrong with what you are doing.. If cwl is your thing, then offense is most important, since offense is the only criteria that is measured on the league table.
    Only time defense matters in cwl is if the clan is looking to promote, so war days need to be won..
    And usually cant win without being able to defend, unless the clan is in too low of a tier.
    Thank you for explaining. We have moved up to CRYSTAL III by concentrating only on offenses . Our clan members decided to go for medal harvest so we concentrate on offense. In CWL winning war mostly depend on the numbers of stars we get by attacking. Losing result in reduced or no additional bonus medals. We now have only max dragons.
    Could you suggest next troops to max for aerial attack.
    Thanks in advance

  7. #37
    Forum Elder MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    2,433
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRU1955 View Post
    Thank you for explaining. We have moved up to CRYSTAL III by concentrating only on offenses . Our clan members decided to go for medal harvest so we concentrate on offense. In CWL winning war mostly depend on the numbers of stars we get by attacking. Losing result in reduced or no additional bonus medals. We now have only max dragons.
    Could you suggest next troops to max for aerial attack.
    Thanks in advance
    Engineering for cwl is a bit different, though a bit faster for overall base progression. I generally don't care about cwl since I can farm twice as much in a day. I'll usually work on a few at a time, while building medals on other in lower leagues. The way I'd build a base for normal wars would be to always make sure it can defend above it's defense weight, and always attack higher than it's offense weight.

    Why do cwl medals matter so much if you can look at it like farming?
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

    Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Engineering for cwl is a bit different, though a bit faster for overall base progression. I generally don't care about cwl since I can farm twice as much in a day. I'll usually work on a few at a time, while building medals on other in lower leagues. The way I'd build a base for normal wars would be to always make sure it can defend above it's defense weight, and always attack higher than it's offense weight.

    Why do cwl medals matter so much if you can look at it like farming?
    Farming requires usable time but our members are either studying or in employ. So we go for medal harvesting and using medals we get so many items which has pushed us to CWL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •