Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Engineered bases still a thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Engineering is still a thing, I still use defenseless bases in war and we roll with massive streak clans (280, 180, and 140).

And no, I have nothing against maxxer clans but it does seem like there are many maxxer clans that don't like engineers.
    That's just bad taste after dealing with the cut/paste engineering for so long.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:23 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 60/65/40 heroes

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Engineering is still a thing, I still use defenseless bases in war and we roll with massive streak clans (280, 180, and 140).

And no, I have nothing against maxxer clans but it does seem like there are many maxxer clans that don't like engineers.
    Do I remember correctly, war matching now recognizes engineered bases, and tries to match engineered clans to engineered clans?

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Do I remember correctly, war matching now recognizes engineered bases, and tries to match engineered clans to engineered clans?
    Engineering is simply strategic rushing mate..
    Biggest difference between them and bog standard rushers is that the opti bases are rushed in the right areas..
    The weights add up much the same, but the effect is opposite end of the spectrum..
    Those streakers have to match somebody, and if they simply matched other streakers/engineers, there would be no more streaks.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Engineering is simply strategic rushing mate..
    Biggest difference between them and bog standard rushers is that the opti bases are rushed in the right areas..
    The weights add up much the same, but the effect is opposite end of the spectrum..
    Those streakers have to match somebody, and if they simply matched other streakers/engineers, there would be no more streaks.
    Nevertheless, I am sure I remember something about engineered clans being not matched to non engineered clans.

It is still possible that some engineered clans have a winning formula, or trick, over the rest.

I don’t agree that “Engineering is simply strategic rushing”. Engineering involves allowing gold to go to waste with idle builders. It’s strategic, and it is faster, but “strategic rushing”, no.
    Last edited by George1971; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:04 PM.

Nevertheless, I am sure I remember something about engineered clans being not matched to non engineered clans.

It is still possible that some engineered clans have a winning formula, or trick, over the rest.

I don’t agree that “Engineering is simply strategic rushing”. Engineering involves allowing gold to go to waste with idle builders. It’s strategic, and it is faster, but “strategic rushing”, no.
    this mostly describes sandbagging defense. while those types of bases can be involved there's other types of bases that are involved too. in a nutshell it's manicuring accounts to balance offensive and defensive weight across an entire lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    this mostly describes sandbagging defense. while those types of bases can be involved there's other types of bases that are involved too. in a nutshell it's manicuring accounts to balance offensive and defensive weight across an entire lineup.
    Yep, as Puma says, those bases/rosters are manicured.

As a starting point, look at matching patterns within the modern MMA..
    Maxers match maxers.. A balanced roster containing balanced bases wont match rushers/engineers.. It is obvious to me that there is a mechanism built into the algo so that there is more at play than simply weight calculations, otherwise war matching would be awash with mismatches.. Only the heaviest rosters would be able to get a similar looking opponent, as variables pertaining to both defensive and offensive values would allow a full spectrum of oddball match ups.

Rushers mostly match rushers.. The spin results tend to be best fit..
    There are so many variables out of sinc per base, and such a lack of cohesion with the roster in general, that the usual mechanics applied with the algo are skewed..
    This leads to a varied return after the spin, and clans that likely have a "some you win, some you lose" feel when viewing the spin.

Engi clans can draw other engi clans.. But most often they match rusher clans..
    Therefore engineers are rushers.. But their rushing is strategic.. It is done to a plan.

Trouble is, most folk think of the copy and paste low defence high offence engineered accounts of 3 years ago..
    In its day, they were the superior force within the game, since the MMA only counted defense during the war spin.
    Nowadays, engi has to optomise in order to stay ahead of the curve, or remain perma based, since those old accounts were boxed into their hall level when the change dropped.

I have had the pleasure of visiting with 3 of the more distinguished current streaker clans, and although cant reveal any specifics, can offer a couple of observations..
    1/ Engineered clans/rosters arent static.. Every account is a work in progress, and all of them are doing upgrades, just like a maxer account would.. So resources arent going to waste.
    2/ It is easy to see why they draw rusher clans, because for all intent and purposes, that is what they are.

Of course their appearance is deceiving.. Come war spin, the war result is already obvious soon as the match is made..
    Takes a lot of understanding of weight and match making to gain such an insurmountable prep day advantage, so they have my full admiration.. They all have a lot of atacking skill, often attacking with less than optimum army size, but demolish what is on the opposite page.

Preps to Sam and Major tho, love chatting with those guys, learn me so much.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Yep, as Puma says, those bases/rosters are manicured.

As a starting point, look at matching patterns within the modern MMA..
    Maxers match maxers.. A balanced roster containing balanced bases wont match rushers/engineers.. It is obvious to me that there is a mechanism built into the algo so that there is more at play than simply weight calculations, otherwise war matching would be awash with mismatches.. Only the heaviest rosters would be able to get a similar looking opponent, as variables pertaining to both defensive and offensive values would allow a full spectrum of oddball match ups.

Rushers mostly match rushers.. The spin results tend to be best fit..
    There are so many variables out of sinc per base, and such a lack of cohesion with the roster in general, that the usual mechanics applied with the algo are skewed..
    This leads to a varied return after the spin, and clans that likely have a "some you win, some you lose" feel when viewing the spin.

Engi clans can draw other engi clans.. But most often they match rusher clans..
    Therefore engineers are rushers.. But their rushing is strategic.. It is done to a plan.

Trouble is, most folk think of the copy and paste low defence high offence engineered accounts of 3 years ago..
    In its day, they were the superior force within the game, since the MMA only counted defense during the war spin.
    Nowadays, engi has to optomise in order to stay ahead of the curve, or remain perma based, since those old accounts were boxed into their hall level when the change dropped.

I have had the pleasure of visiting with 3 of the more distinguished current streaker clans, and although cant reveal any specifics, can offer a couple of observations..
    1/ Engineered clans/rosters arent static.. Every account is a work in progress, and all of them are doing upgrades, just like a maxer account would.. So resources arent going to waste.
    2/ It is easy to see why they draw rusher clans, because for all intent and purposes, that is what they are.

Of course their appearance is deceiving.. Come war spin, the war result is already obvious soon as the match is made..
    Takes a lot of understanding of weight and match making to gain such an insurmountable prep day advantage, so they have my full admiration.. They all have a lot of atacking skill, often attacking with less than optimum army size, but demolish what is on the opposite page.

Preps to Sam and Major tho, love chatting with those guys, learn me so much.
    Beautifully explained JGD.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Beautifully explained JGD.
    Yes, Josh explained it perfectly.

The way our clan is run isn't much different than any other clan. We do clan games, cwl, upgrade our bases, except every base being upgraded has a plan and that extends into the overall lineup. I even use some one cannon bases in certain lineups if it is required, where in the old days offense weight wasn't being counted (or very little) so you could have huge mismatches by having many 1 cannon bases.

If you had a lineup like 2016 you probably wouldn't be able to find a match, or it would take all that offense weight on the bottom and add it to the offense and defense weight to the top of the enemy side.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Engineering bases are gone long ago, if you still have ebase then you don't have any advantage infact you can loose the wars.

Rushing is different than pera maxing, we earlier built 72 and then 38 war win streak with all th11 pera max accounts (in 10vs10). All were old players like me and we can crush any base 3 star. In some wars there were a lot of mismatches like th13 or th12 matched against us. We somehow managed to win as they can't beat our pera max bases.
    Finally our streak ended just because of huge mismatches with 2-3 th13 with some even maxed accounts. Now I think we are too old players as we don't have interest in building streaks.
    Now we all are th13 some maxed, some half maxed or some are rushers but playing now is more fun. We can also enjoy CWL at its best in masters now

Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    Engineering bases are gone long ago, if you still have ebase then you don't have any advantage infact you can loose the wars.

Rushing is different than pera maxing, we earlier built 72 and then 38 war win streak with all th11 pera max accounts (in 10vs10). All were old players like me and we can crush any base 3 star. In some wars there were a lot of mismatches like th13 or th12 matched against us. We somehow managed to win as they can't beat our pera max bases.
    Finally our streak ended just because of huge mismatches with 2-3 th13 with some even maxed accounts. Now I think we are too old players as we don't have interest in building streaks.
    Now we all are th13 some maxed, some half maxed or some are rushers but playing now is more fun. We can also enjoy CWL at its best in masters now
    The beauty of this game is the diversity contained within it mate.
    Whatever your poison, you go enjoy it.

But the forums are full of all types of players.. Its what makes community forum so interesting.. And with a little reading and interest, educational.
    So no mate, engineering bases are not gone, although the face of engineering has evolved beyond comprehension.

Same as the perma max invulnerability, the low defence high offence advantage has also been phased out due to changes in the MMA, and indeed the progression path rules in the case of lop siders..
    But that doesnt mean engineering is gone.. Indeed those that know how weights are applied, and know how the matching patterns work, are still thriving.
    The 3 clans I mentioned are on 411, 276, and 136 win streak as we speak.. And my money is on the former breaking the all time best streak, currently at 518, compiled by Bangkok B @War.

Hopefully they dont get an unlucky war draw, make a mistake, or get found by hunters..
    Otherwise all those years of planning and meticulous attention to detail ends in one fatal swoop.
    Sam is a nice guy, hope it keeps rolling for the foreseeable future for him.

With that in mind.. Time to let things quiet back down.. Publicity aint good.