Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Engineered bases still a thing ?

Centennial Club

Are Engineered bases still a thing ?

I am a returning player, i used to play Clash like 3 years ago when engineering was prevalent . I know that SC have made it mandatory for a player to drop all buildings before upgrading to the next town hall level in order to curb engineered bases.

I have a new TH9 account , so should i drop those xbows instantly or should they be my last defense ,since earlier defenses used to have a much higher war weight (i am aware that now offense also plays an important role in war weight).

Any Help would be appreciated.

Probably should the war forum. Answer, for me anyway, is it depends. I tend to drop heavy defenses early on my mini. However, it sits at the bottom. Of out roster and frequently gets hit by higher town halls. I want it to defend as well as possible asap. Its war weight has been minimal in our lineup. If you are higher up in your lineup, i might wait a bit longer. I would wait until you consistently start seeing those defenses in wars and then drop them. I definitely would not put them off until the end.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    its up to you to drop them when you want. and yes "Engineering" is a lost art due to the devs.

it states you need to build those turrets if you want to go the next TH level. but it does not say when u "Need" to drop them. you can wait if you think it will help your TH9. (so it can be lighter in weight on the map, but still at a pretty hard dis adv IMO..)

for me, I wanted the primer def for the TH pretty early on. and I dappled in engineering at the time when it was En Vogue... but those days are way in the past.

I would say dont drop them and do a War, see where you are on the map. then upgrade heavy weight item(s) like WT and Mortar and Bomb Twrs.. if you jump up the map; you have your answer on whether or not to drop the X-Bows. again IMO

clash responsibly

There is no engineering as such. What I have found is this:

* Dont drop higher defenses - you are not going to survive attacks, and you are better to enhance your junior defenses (and max your actually-used offenses)
    * Drop higher defenses - you are not going to survive any attack. You might scare 1% of the "next-ers".

I actually like being under-advanced when flipping to a new TH (in my minis). I dont care about my defenses (because I know I am going to lose). But if you do 2+ attacks per day => net win. Leverage this advantage (the "I dont care" advantage). I love the freedom to get 49% should I choose, or just drop trophies, and recover the next day.

I dislike losing 200+ in my TH13's, because it can take days to regain the 5x bonus advantage.

Use reverse psychology: do exactly what common sense tells you not to do. You will soon have excess G/E/D !

It really depends what you want to do with your base:

Log in once in a while to farm or w/e: probably more harm if you don't place them (more loot and trophies lost)

Do regular war: have a talk with your clan to see if the roster can currently support it (it probably can if you're at the bottom of the stack)

Do war league: absolutely place them, there's really no downside here
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

Engineering is still a thing.. but defenceless bases arent usually a part of it now.. The game moved on.

So far as when to drop, those above have answered well..
    For regular/classic war..
    If youre at the top of the war map.. definitely yes.. The anchors need to defend.
    If youre at the bottom of the war map.. definitely yes.. Because the added weight will make no real difference to the spin weight due to all the big boys above you.
    If youre in the middle.. maybe hold off a while till you get some offence sorted, then do it once your war troops and heroes can support the weight.

For farming or cwl, there is no weight penalty attached to defence, and a base is better with defence than without.

Forum All-Star
    Engineering a lopsided defense-lite base is a Classic War thing. It makes you a handicap in CWL. You are hopeless in Legend League.

Further, in Classic War, I feel for match making, there is more weight added for offense than previously. Failure to place scattershots does not seem to prevent being matched to scattershot bases, all else being equal. Either that, or they forgot to add war weight for scattershots. The end result, engineered bases are heavily discriminated against.

You can progress up TH levels by placing level 1 defenses and walls, but the level 1 defenses and walls make your base look ugly, compared to the defenseless but otherwise maxed engineered bases of years ago. Combine that with being discriminated against in every format, few do it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Engineering a lopsided defense-lite base is a Classic War thing. It makes you a handicap in CWL. You are hopeless in Legend League.

Further, in Classic War, I feel for match making, there is more weight added for offense than previously. Failure to place scattershots does not seem to prevent being matched to scattershot bases, all else being equal. Either that, or they forgot to add war weight for scattershots. The end result, engineered bases are heavily discriminated against.

You can progress up TH levels by placing level 1 defenses and walls, but the level 1 defenses and walls make your base look ugly, compared to the defenseless but otherwise maxed engineered bases of years ago. Combine that with being discriminated against in every format, few do it anymore.
    I know a couple of guys that post regularly that would dispute your description of an engineered base..
    I dont think they feel discriminated against either.. Unless you mean many maxers dont like em.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I know a couple of guys that post regularly that would dispute your description of an engineered base..
    I dont think they feel discriminated against either.. Unless you mean many maxers dont like em.
    I mean that the classic war base weighting now penalizes them a lot. I think heroes are weighted much more than before.

I seem to be among many maxers. We don't dislike engineered bases any more, they never beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I mean that the classic war base weighting now penalizes them a lot. I think heroes are weighted much more than before.

I seem to be among many maxers. We don't dislike engineered bases any more, they never beat us.
    Engineering is still a thing, I still use defenseless bases in war and we roll with massive streak clans (280, 180, and 140).

And no, I have nothing against maxxer clans but it does seem like there are many maxxer clans that don't like engineers.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked