Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Connection issue for Indian clashers

Centennial Club

Connection issue for Indian clashers

I am having the same issue we had few months ago which affected only Indian clashers. The game will load but will see the 'wifi' symbol inside the game which usually means weak signal but in this case, the issue is not with the internet.

I understand that Supercell cannot do anything on this as this is the servers from India which is causing the issue(which is told by Darian as well).

Are all Indian clashers having the same issue? If so at what times of the day? I have this issue in the morning and goes away after noon IST. Or anyone who is not feeling this issue at all?

Well connection is lost few times a day but becomes stable at night. So i prefer to play late night.
    Here problem is with our net as it keeps on dropping in between which can be noticed in games like clash on the other hand yt works fine as the video continues to load in background.

No issues here.

I am also indian No issues here either
    How can you represent all Indians
    Last edited by Ullaspn; September 11th, 2020 at 07:19 AM.

Yes, many of my clan mates are facing this issue especially during day time.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMano View Post
    I am having the same issue we had few months ago which affected only Indian clashers. The game will load but will see the 'wifi' symbol inside the game which usually means weak signal but in this case, the issue is not with the internet.

I understand that Supercell cannot do anything on this as this is the servers from India which is causing the issue(which is told by Darian as well).

Are all Indian clashers having the same issue? If so at what times of the day? I have this issue in the morning and goes away after noon IST. Or anyone who is not feeling this issue at all?
    Maybe you should ask this to your network provider

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Given where the Clash servers are located, the problem is likely due to an overloaded network your internet provider uses. This network may likely be owned by another company and is used by your internet company to get data from one location to another. Forgive this simple drawing but it can be illustrated something like this:

Destination A <---Network #1---><---Internet provider--->You<---Internet Provider---><---Network #2--->Destination B

So let's say the "YOU" in this diagram above is located in India. Now let's say "Destination A" is where the Clash servers are and "Destination B" are where the YouTube servers are. Your data may travel from You through your Internet Company's network through Network #1 to get to the Clash servers.

But if you notice in my diagram, the Network #1 is red, showing it is having problems. So while you can connect to Youtube through Network #2, you may still have problems connecting to our servers because it uses a completely different network route to get to our servers.

This is often why you can connect to some websites no problem while not being able to connect to some games.

What makes this situation problematic is that Network #1 and Network #2 are not owned by your Internet company. They are owned by different companies so there is often very little your internet provider can and will do. This is because according to their own network everything is fine. And technically it is since Networks 1 and 2 aren't part of their territory.

A good way to determine if it is a network issue or if the game's servers are down would be to note how many people are having this problem. If it were the game servers, it would affect every single player across the globe. Since you don't see every player coming here to say they can't connect, then we can see it's not the game servers. But if you look at the pattern of these disconnects, we regularly see these issues come from the India region. That leads to several possible situations:

1. One of the networks in the India region is overloaded and can't take the user traffic.
    2. One of the networks in the route may have been damaged by a storm, or even traffic accident.
    3. One of the companies may be doing routine maintenance which causes outages.
    4. One of the companies is replacing or upgrading parts of the network which also may cause outages.

It could be any number of things that causes this. The unfortunate part is unless you know who to contact, it's very likely you may not find out the source of the issue.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Given where the Clash servers are located, the problem is likely due to an overloaded network your internet provider uses. This network may likely be owned by another company and is used by your internet company to get data from one location to another. Forgive this simple drawing but it can be illustrated something like this:

Destination A <---Network #1---><---Internet provider--->You<---Internet Provider---><---Network #2--->Destination B

So let's say the "YOU" in this diagram above is located in India. Now let's say "Destination A" is where the Clash servers are and "Destination B" are where the YouTube servers are. Your data may travel from You through your Internet Company's network through Network #1 to get to the Clash servers.

But if you notice in my diagram, the Network #1 is red, showing it is having problems. So while you can connect to Youtube through Network #2, you may still have problems connecting to our servers because it uses a completely different network route to get to our servers.

This is often why you can connect to some websites no problem while not being able to connect to some games.

What makes this situation problematic is that Network #1 and Network #2 are not owned by your Internet company. They are owned by different companies so there is often very little your internet provider can and will do. This is because according to their own network everything is fine. And technically it is since Networks 1 and 2 aren't part of their territory.

A good way to determine if it is a network issue or if the game's servers are down would be to note how many people are having this problem. If it were the game servers, it would affect every single player across the globe. Since you don't see every player coming here to say they can't connect, then we can see it's not the game servers. But if you look at the pattern of these disconnects, we regularly see these issues come from the India region. That leads to several possible situations:

1. One of the networks in the India region is overloaded and can't take the user traffic.
    2. One of the networks in the route may have been damaged by a storm, or even traffic accident.
    3. One of the companies may be doing routine maintenance which causes outages.
    4. One of the companies is replacing or upgrading parts of the network which also may cause outages.

It could be any number of things that causes this. The unfortunate part is unless you know who to contact, it's very likely you may not find out the source of the issue.
    Absolutely wonderful information shared here by Darian ! While I usually play through my internet connection it have a lot of issues so the company is now fixing up them to get better connectivity. I've never really faced large no. of issues despite a very few of them and that haven't ruined any of my experience.
    Most of the problems here are with the speed and signals our network company offers. For eg: Most of us use "Airtel" & "Jio" here and some areas like mine have large no. of connectivity issues which are being fixed now, but that still haven't ruined any of my experience, despite a few. Just try switching to WI-FI network because they're the ones I never face a single issue or just try to turn on/off Airplane mode which is a quick-fix for me, most of the time.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivank380 View Post
    Absolutely wonderful information shared here by Darian ! While I usually play through my internet connection it have a lot of issues so the company is now fixing up them to get better connectivity. I've never really faced large no. of issues despite a very few of them and that haven't ruined any of my experience.
    Most of the problems here are with the speed and signals our network company offers. For eg: Most of us use "Airtel" & "Jio" here and some areas like mine have large no. of connectivity issues which are being fixed now, but that still haven't ruined any of my experience, despite a few. Just try switching to WI-FI network because they're the ones I never face a single issue or just try to turn on/off Airplane mode which is a quick-fix for me, most of the time.
    Given the population density of the entire country of India, and how quickly the mobile market is growing there it's not surprising to see so many network growing pains; meaning as your country increases the number of mobile users it's bound to hit a few walls occasionally.

The US went through this in the 90's and early 00's with PC broadband. I can remember so many network outages when World of Warcraft was released in 2004 (god, it's already been 16 years??) and due to the number of people playing, so many networks were unable to handle the sheer amount of people. Back then it was just a few million players, but we're talking about almost internet stone age here. Now millions of players is nothing. But I would have to explain this very same issue to many people who were in some of the most rural areas of the US who were playing on satellite internet or were in several instances, literally in the swamps of Louisiana.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Yes. This is quite right. I usually face connection issues in jio at day. So I use airtel wifi from the office and it works fine but in the evening airtel users find connection issues and jio users find a good connection. This problem occurs because of overloading because many people in a particular area are using internet.
    Last edited by Kannukanhashubhang; September 11th, 2020 at 07:36 AM.