Thread: Why don't dogs stay in fences

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything

Why don't dogs stay in fences

When I put up fences to put all my pets in it doesn't matter what I do my dogs and cats walk through them like they're not even there!
    I try putting ditches and bushes on both sides of fence. Doesn't matter. They still just walk through. Anyone have any ideas? Tia

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by cybeeb View Post
    When I put up fences to put all my pets in it doesn't matter what I do my dogs and cats walk through them like they're not even there!
    I try putting ditches and bushes on both sides of fence. Doesn't matter. They still just walk through. Anyone have any ideas? Tia
    I know I also tried to keep the pets between fences and it always worked only for a short time. After a while they escape again no matter what you do. That's why I decided to just let them run around freely 🙂

Centennial Club
    I've asked more than once for HD to make fencing for the animals, I don't mind my TWO dogs running around but I want my TWO horses to stay in their corral, and they won't, so I just let them sleep all the time... I hate visiting farms that have every possible animal and they are all running everywhere, it's so messy and irritating...

Pro Member
    If you block the horses and donkeys in with the animal pens as fencing they will stay inside. That's the only thing that has worked for me.

I have found that the dogs and cats won't walk on the water ditches, so I put some around their houses in a lovely pond configuration and now they stay put!
    Started playing July 2014

farm3.jpgI've gotten all my animals to stay put by giving them very small areas surrounded by fences. The horses and donkeys I've managed to corral with pathways which I find they won't cross.