Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Magic potion for fish? 😆

Pro Member

Magic potion for fish? 😆

I have 2 fish left to complete me book... platinum level golden trout and gold weight redtailed catfish (event only)

I know which lures, which spots and circle sizes.... it's like having all the ingredients for a cake recipe and can't figure out how to make a cake! Lol

Thankfully this is fishing event.... but I have used a 10% weight booster and 2x 40% weight boosters, caught 498 pounds of fish, used over 30 yellow lures and 40 green lures.

I have even sat here staring at the spots till one of the need fish dives into the spot. For anyone that has finished the book.... any ideas for a magic potion?

Thanks!
    Kathy

Isn't redtailed catfish the only event fish caught with worm? So you would have 100% success rate with that. But lots of casts though..

Golden trout is just much faster than other candidates. If in doubt, it's not a golden trout
    Last edited by zetis; September 10th, 2020 at 07:00 PM.

Pro Member
    The catfish is is green or worm .

Thanks for the faster note on the trout! I have caught so many Rudd and yellow bass lol will definitely watch for speed!

Catfish is green or worm but there are handful of other event fish for green lure too but no other for worm. So you can't go wrong with worm.

Pro Member
    I switched just to worm for the catfish.... have caught several.... every color but the gold! Lol.... it may take me 10 years!

Patience runs away from me the older I get.....

But.... I am up to almost 600 pounds!
    Last edited by emailkathy2016; September 10th, 2020 at 11:10 PM.

By using the +10% heavier fish booster you should get golden event fish quite easily. With bigger boosters you get mostly platinum event fishes.

My strategy was to get first familiar with different species. When I had good enough instructions and success rate of at least 50% to catch specific specie, then I would just wait for the boosters to get golden and platinum sizes for that.

Pro Member
    THANK YOU TO ALL!

I switched to just worms and after catching almost 750 pounds of event fish.... I finally got that dad blasted catfish! Y'alls tip about using just the worms was spot on!

Now onto my last fish... the golden trout, platinum weight! Hope to never see another Rudd or Yellow Bass! Lol

Thanks again,
    Kathy

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks to everyone for their advice in this thread.

I, too, find the Golden Trout to be very elusive. Today I caught one!

The downside was that it was a silver weight one; that's the only weight of the Golden Trout that I already had on my fishing book.

I'll keep trying, now I know what to look for. Thanks very much

Hay Day level 192 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Wise words from AsYouWish: Please don’t worry or be upset. The HayDay team is working hard to get us all back onto our beloved farms. This game is so rich in content, so complex that adding new features/data is almost like adding another leg to a centipede, and releasing it to run.

They’ll get all the legs sorted out and coordinated soon.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12715749

Pro Member
    Well.... my platinum golden trout will just have to wait. Lol I used all 5 of my booster sand heaven only knows how many yellow lures

I did end with 806 pound of fish!

Just to reassure myself... platinum weights do need
    the boosters?

Quote Originally Posted by emailkathy2016 View Post

Just to reassure myself... platinum weights do need
    the boosters?
    Platinum can be caught without boosters, no problem. But if it takes like 100-200 golden lures and endless number of tries (compared to <10 with a good booster), it just doesn't make sense.

With hardest catching fish, even the gold weight was a strugle before they introduced boosters. And with boosters it's trivial.