Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We shouldn’t have to wait for the enemy to finish in versus battles

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    > First. There cannot be a you already lost. My attack is ongoing. It can't know my final score.

If my opponent got 100% in 2 minutes, and at 2:01 I am still going, I have already lost.

> Second, you underestimate the troll factor. As someone who almost always attacked bh higher than me on my mini, no way would I quit and not rub it in that a lower bh beat them.

You are the troll?

If they've already won on time, do you really enjoy rubbing it in to see your attack us the whole 3 minutes?

Anyway, that is your right to continue.

> Seriously, its max 3.5 minutes. Get a grip.

BH has 60 seconds scout time. It is max 4 minutes.
    1. OK. Rare case. And yes, I would continue my attack. Usually out of annoyance that a bh9 was hitting my 7 at that time.
    2. See above. I'm finishing my attack. Deal with it.
    3. My bad. 30 more seconds. The horror.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    1. OK. Rare case. And yes, I would continue my attack. Usually out of annoyance that a bh9 was hitting my 7 at that time.
    2. See above. I'm finishing my attack. Deal with it.
    3. My bad. 30 more seconds. The horror.
    1. If I encounter a ridiculously overpowered base hanging very low, I'll burn the whole 4 minutes sometimes. If they're sandbagging for easy wins, they're definitely wasting my time, so I think wasting their time is fair game.

2. I've learned the hard way that quitting early can lead to unnecessary losses. You never know what is happening on defence & you can benefit from disconnections or poor attacks at any time.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    1. If I encounter a ridiculously overpowered base hanging very low, I'll burn the whole 4 minutes sometimes. If they're sandbagging for easy wins, they're definitely wasting my time, so I think wasting their time is fair game.

2. I've learned the hard way that quitting early can lead to unnecessary losses. You never know what is happening on defence & you can benefit from disconnections or poor attacks at any time.

1. I've never pushed a high level BH very low, but on low level BH accounts I see them sometimes, not often, and wonder why anyone would bother.

2. I routinely quit an attack if I have just a bomber who may or may not eventually get one or two more buildings. Usually they don't.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star..
    Idk how these forums work so I’m not sure if that was your message but just in case you actually posted that: I literally said in the post that the opponent should be able to finish their attack

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by orri View Post
    Idk how these forums work so I’m not sure if that was your message but just in case you actually posted that: I literally said in the post that the opponent should be able to finish their attack
    That portion of my comment is my signature. My comment is above that and says that waiting for 3 minutes for your opponent to finish attacking is not going to kill anyone.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Obviously I don't know how SC coded the game, but as a developer, I can take a pretty good guess.

When you start to develop a piece of software, you design a foundation. Part of that design process involves an attempt to predict all the possible future features you might want to eventually include and make sure your design will make it easy to eventually add those. The drawback is this can make the design extremely complex, so some concessions need to be made. Developers also have time schedules to meet (you have to start selling your software at some point) so you can't spend an eternity coding a super flexible and super complex foundation.

A common analogy is building a house. Right now you only have time to build the first floor. Do you want a second floor eventually? If so, then you need to build a strong foundation and the first floor in such a way that a second floor is easy to add later (and can be physically supported by the first floor without having to rebuild the first floor later).

With the Builder Base, I think it would be a very obvious choice for developers to allow only one attack to happen at a time. Allowing multiple attacks to happen simultaneously is essentially an exponential increase in complexity. My guess is that they hardcoded it for 1 attack at a time. Adding OPs idea to quit one battle early to start another would require a rewrite of the code's foundation -> not gonna happen.

Continuing my analogy above, OP's request is like wanting to add a basement to your house. It would require destroying the foundation and somehow inserting a basement without disturbing the house and everyone inside. Not worth it.