Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We shouldn’t have to wait for the enemy to finish in versus battles

Fresh Spawn

We shouldn’t have to wait for the enemy to finish in versus battles

If I got a poor attack in versus battles and the other person has already succeeded my attack then we shouldn’t have to wait for them to finish to attack again. The opponent should be able to finish their attack so as to not ruin their gameplay experience but we should still be able to start another attack if we choose to since we know we’ve lost already

Forum Elder
    What about trophies? You may not have lost, does the MMA just guess?

Forum Elder
    Attacks are only 3 minutes, that isnt too long to wait IMO.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

In the case of clan games every min counts and IMO they could add a button that gives opponent the win in order to go on faster.
    Last edited by Tim712q8othy; September 10th, 2020 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim712q8othy View Post
    In the case of clan games every min counts and IMO they could add a button that gives opponent the win in order to go on faster.
    Not since the removal of training and regen time. Even the one hour tasks can be completed easily. Even if the full 3.5 minutes is used, you could get in almost 20 attacks in that time. You can wait a minute or two.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    That would make trophy dropping far too easy. Deploy BM > quit > deploy BM > quit, you could easily drop ~300 trophies in a minute or two. Currently you can do that much faster than before, but at least you have to invest some time to do so.

I don't want my (BH6) minis running into fully maxed BH9's every time Clan Games come around. Your suggestion would encourage that to happen.

Forum Superstar
    Pretty sure most CG for BB are done much faster than HV ones, thanks to the removal of training times.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; September 10th, 2020 at 09:42 PM.

Forum All-Star
    We had moderately long discussions a while back about being able to see the progress of the opponent.

The reason was to know when you may as well end the battle.

There were complicated concerns about gaming this, maybe intimidating the opponent by using all of your minute scout time, or not using any and going for high initial destruction. Whatever, I don't think it important, because all that matters is the decision "you have already won" or "you have already lost".

I think the players should get a small indicator for "you have already won" or "you have already lost".

"you have already won" means that your opponent has already ended the battle with a worse result than you would have if you ended now.

"you have already lost" means that your opponent has got 100% 3 stars with more time remaining than you currently have remaining, even if you go on to get 100% you will lose on the time timebreaker.

I think this would be nice to be implemented.

Often you are playing out the battle and you see someone watching, probably you opponent, although it could be a friend. Even if it is the opponent, they may know they have won, you have lost, or the outcome is still in the balance, but you can't know. I would like to be able to know.

I suggesting having the "Battle ends in:" text at the top, above the time remaining, go Green if you have won, and Red if you have lost.

You can easily ignore it, but often it would mean that you don't have to keep wasting your time and your opponent's time.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    We had moderately long discussions a while back about being able to see the progress of the opponent.

The reason was to know when you may as well end the battle.

There were complicated concerns about gaming this, maybe intimidating the opponent by using all of your minute scout time, or not using any and going for high initial destruction. Whatever, I don't think it important, because all that matters is the decision "you have already won" or "you have already lost".

I think the players should get a small indicator for "you have already won" or "you have already lost".

"you have already won" means that your opponent has already ended the battle with a worse result than you would have if you ended now.

"you have already lost" means that your opponent has got 100% 3 stars with more time remaining than you currently have remaining, even if you go on to get 100% you will lose on the time timebreaker.

I think this would be nice to be implemented.

Often you are playing out the battle and you see someone watching, probably you opponent, although it could be a friend. Even if it is the opponent, they may know they have won, you have lost, or the outcome is still in the balance, but you can't know. I would like to be able to know.

I suggesting having the "Battle ends in:" text at the top, above the time remaining, go Green if you have won, and Red if you have lost.

You can easily ignore it, but often it would mean that you don't have to keep wasting your time and your opponent's time.
    First. There cannot be a you already lost. My attack is ongoing. It can't know my final score. Second, you underestimate the troll factor. As someone who almost always attacked bh higher than me on my mini, no way would I quit and not rub it in that a lower bh beat them. Watch my last minion hit the clock tower for 30 seconds. Seriously, its max 3.5 minutes. Get a grip.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    First. There cannot be a you already lost. My attack is ongoing. It can't know my final score. Second, you underestimate the troll factor. As someone who almost always attacked bh higher than me on my mini, no way would I quit and not rub it in that a lower bh beat them. Watch my last minion hit the clock tower for 30 seconds. Seriously, its max 3.5 minutes. Get a grip.

> First. There cannot be a you already lost. My attack is ongoing. It can't know my final score.

If my opponent got 100% in 2 minutes, and at 2:01 I am still going, I have already lost.

> Second, you underestimate the troll factor. As someone who almost always attacked bh higher than me on my mini, no way would I quit and not rub it in that a lower bh beat them.

You are the troll?

If they've already won on time, do you really enjoy rubbing it in to see your attack us the whole 3 minutes?

Anyway, that is your right to continue.

> Seriously, its max 3.5 minutes. Get a grip.

BH has 60 seconds scout time. It is max 4 minutes.