Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weird Queen Targeting/AI

Seeing that this bug could have potentially altered my queen walk, and thwarted my attack, still awaiting an official response
    By that time, I have also messaged in-game SC support on this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Paribodh View Post
    Seeing that this bug could have potentially altered my queen walk, and thwarted my attack, still awaiting an official response
    By that time, I have also messaged in-game SC support on this issue
    Even I want to know, what's supercell's take on this !
    Last edited by Shivank380; September 15th, 2020 at 11:54 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Im not disputing what you’re saying, but to add to it, it appears she does take a shot at the dragon before switching to the hound. What I think happens, and I’m just guessing, is that the inferno beam only registers as a hit upon contact, so if the Queen is subsequently attacked by something closer as the hound did, she will re-target even if still being targeted by the inferno beam.
    Yep, I missed that....she does hit the IBD, its health drops in half. This def seems like a bug or if by design its a bad design. I'll have to watch to see if my AQ flips between attackers like this. It would only work with troops that have enough hitpoints to survive 1 shot of an AQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Paribodh View Post
    While most of the times she destroys the building first, Not always that is true
    Try not raging her when she starts hitting a town hall and cc troops start attacking her in Friendly challenges with Cc or heroes near to town hall
    Correct, as I stated earlier in that same thread...."The only time she might break off before destroying a building/wall, is if she is hit multiple times (I think typically she will hit after 2 shots)." This is often when the thing she is hitting has enough hitpoints to survive multiple hits. (just happened to me in my war attack)

Pro Member
    been info time after time that once a troop has locked on to a target that target needs to be destroyed before retargeting.....as of late seeing LOTS of retargeting before original target is destoryed....(other than walls those need to be fully destoryed before retargeting) ....
    conclusion..hero's ai are set to carry out the worst possible tactical attacks or movements possible...

Centennial Club
    This has happened twice to me as well. Both times were inferno drag related. That is about as bad a switch you can get it and really makes the attack much harder, congrats to OP on surviving it. Hope it gets fixed.

Similar problem - the aq inability to target hh. Many cc have 3 arch, 2 hh, 1 lava. The 3 arch 2 hh arrive and are firing on my aq. No matter what my aq will shot the archers first, firing right over the head of the hh. Sometimes this makes sense since the archers got shots off first. Sometimes the hh got there first (since hh run right towards heros and something else lured cc) - but if an archer arrives soon after, and the hh are firing on my aq, my aq will take out the archers next shot she has.

the queen’s ai is just garbage that’s all you can say about it........

The main challenge of Clash of Clans is achieving victory in the face of your own troops’ tactical ineptness. This is what happens when soldiers only get a minute or two of training in a barracks before being sent into war.
    Last edited by rvMatt; September 17th, 2020 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmermark View Post
    This has happened twice to me as well. Both times were inferno drag related. That is about as bad a switch you can get it and really makes the attack much harder, congrats to OP on surviving it. Hope it gets fixed.

Similar problem - the aq inability to target hh. Many cc have 3 arch, 2 hh, 1 lava. The 3 arch 2 hh arrive and are firing on my aq. No matter what my aq will shot the archers first, firing right over the head of the hh. Sometimes this makes sense since the archers got shots off first. Sometimes the hh got there first (since hh run right towards heros and something else lured cc) - but if an archer arrives soon after, and the hh are firing on my aq, my aq will take out the archers next shot she has.
    Correct, a bit of a clarification as to how the AI works would be great here!
    But in any case, what's shown in the replay, the AQ switching targets when the former one has not died, which is a troop and not a building, is simply not-understandable

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Im not disputing what you’re saying, but to add to it, it appears she does take a shot at the dragon before switching to the hound. What I think happens, and I’m just guessing, is that the inferno beam only registers as a hit upon contact, so if the Queen is subsequently attacked by something closer as the hound did, she will re-target even if still being targeted by the inferno beam.
    The Re-targeting theory you are suggesting, though I am not Clash designer programer, IMO is not correct...
    If what u r saying is true, then a troop/hero will stop targeting a cannon or archer tower or other smaller radius defenses and instead always switch to inner long range ground xbows/eagle, who are constantly hitting her
    Again, Do it in fcs, don't drop posion spell on 3 witches cc, witches continue targeting ur queen walk, skeletons barely get a hit on the queen although getting 1-shot by her, but she won't switch to the witch regardless

Re-targeting is only possible, from what I have seen in Buildings to Troops case, when an enemy troop comes near ur hero/troop
    Doesnt work in Troop/Troop or Building/Building interaction or the reverse Troop/Building one, wherein ur troop wont switch to a building while already attacking a troop

Millennial Club
    As i said early aq should have killed ferno bd first and switched to hound
    May be she counted ferno beam as damage from building (idk and SC never said that would be case) its a troop and counts as troop
    Theres been couple of threads about ferno bd
    May be its a bug that need fixing
    Not getting any official response makes me feel like its a bug
    I believe they do note the bug that comes over bug section but rarely reply on the threads hope this get noted as well
    If not a bug well aq being aq thats all i can say