Thread: How can I find balance with derby?

How can I find balance with derby?

I might struggle wording this exactly how I want to so please forgive me beforehand.

I play the derby because I look for the permits and have always loved the decorations so I play for those too. now that they bring in new decorations for the game, ones you can only win from placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd, I do actually try to win and at least place so if there is a chance I could possibly place, I will happily use the 10 diamonds for an extra task to guarantee that.

But here are my problems.

The derby started for me this morning at 9am.
    From the time I had taken one task and finished it half way (fishing with a booster + event), there were 2 teams that had maxed out their tasks and completed every single one of them, plus extra!?!

Also, why should I have to pay 10 diamonds for an extra task JUST to get the last 2 horseshoe reward prizes, like I said If there is a chance I can place, I would happily use them and gain all prizes together, but to get robbed from the tasks, then robbed from my prizes I have to use diamonds for, its starting to really make me feel put off by it all again.

I know it's my choice and I choose what I do and do not do, but being in a hood on my own and completing all tasks just to get the prizes means I pretty much stay in the champions league, if I don't complete tasks and drop down a league, I miss out, if I carry on completing tasks, I miss out!?

Is there anyone else in their own team that has this issue?

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by sj1719 View Post
    I might struggle wording this exactly how I want to so please forgive me beforehand.

I play the derby because I look for the permits and have always loved the decorations so I play for those too. now that they bring in new decorations for the game, ones you can only win from placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd, I do actually try to win and at least place so if there is a chance I could possibly place, I will happily use the 10 diamonds for an extra task to guarantee that.

From the time I had taken one task and finished it half way (fishing with a booster + event), there were 2 teams that had maxed out their tasks and completed every single one of them, plus extra!?!

Also, why should I have to pay 10 diamonds for an extra task JUST to get the last 2 horseshoe reward prizes, like I said If there is a chance I can place, I would happily use them and gain all prizes together, but to get robbed from the tasks, then robbed from my prizes I have to use diamonds for, its starting to really make me feel put off by it all again.

I know it's my choice and I choose what I do and do not do, but being in a hood on my own and completing all tasks just to get the prizes means I pretty much stay in the champions league, if I don't complete tasks and drop down a league, I miss out, if I carry on completing tasks, I miss out!?

Another problem would be that even if you place in top 3 it's no guarantee that you will win the custom decoration. You might consider leaving the champions league and play in lower league until you get the deco you want.
    Also with a little bit of strategy and planning you can make it easier to place in top 3. Try to start with trashing all tasks from the derby board until you have 10 tasks you want to do. Then spend a few days preparing for those tasks, stack everything you need on your machines. After that you can actually take your first task, which marks the start of the derby for you and gets you grouped with other neighborhoods that start in approximately the same time as you. Finish all your tasks as fast as possible. Doing so you might have better chances to place in top 3.

Trainee
    While I have been guilty of complaining about the excessive amount of Bunny Derby’s. I can now get the Significance of having them. What I mean is that in the bunny derby our team at least had a shot in the top three spot. This morning I woke 4 hrs after the derby started. I started my task and looked to see what place our team was in. Only to find as stated in the first post 3 team were nearly done. Apparently I and all my team mates need to wake up at 1:00am to have a chance to win. I guess I live in the wrong time zone. How is it fair that each derby starts when my part of the country is still asleep. Is it possible to rotate start time zones. We need some time of fair balance. I sure would like to know what it is like to be awake when a derby starts. We can’t keep having bunny derby’s to slow teams down. Surely someone at Hay day can figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjp View Post
    While I have been guilty of complaining about the excessive amount of Bunny Derby’s. I can now get the Significance of having them. What I mean is that in the bunny derby our team at least had a shot in the top three spot. This morning I woke 4 hrs after the derby started. I started my task and looked to see what place our team was in. Only to find as stated in the first post 3 team were nearly done. Apparently I and all my team mates need to wake up at 1:00am to have a chance to win. I guess I live in the wrong time zone. How is it fair that each derby starts when my part of the country is still asleep. Is it possible to rotate start time zones. We need some time of fair balance. I sure would like to know what it is like to be awake when a derby starts. We can’t keep having bunny derby’s to slow teams down. Surely someone at Hay day can figure this out.
    The thing for me with the bunny derby too, is for the percentage of us that play to follow the bunny and get the extra rewards, we have to wait for the bunny to appear... Obviously. But for those who have no interest, we still get paired with the hoods that will just steam on ahead and max tasks.

Given your goal and you playing in derby alone, I would suggest:
    - during Bunny or Bingo derby: unlock all 3 extra rewards + reach column 7 (purple)
    - during all other derby: play derby in a low competition league, only start when you have all your task prepared

Adjust stratergy for each derby type, eventually look out for other team that you can join force with by playing derby with them one week, then back to your own another week.

Hanging on in a derby league that you cannot compete and trying to get everything without a good strategy is no t helping you reaching any goal.

You can just see it as one player who plant only wheat and harvest every 2 minutes and one player who plant various crops an harvest a few times a day.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy - Lake Timer

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 150♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

Trainee
    Fair and balanced play should be a hay day priority. I recently decided to started a new farm. It was easy to advance to a level 30 pretty quickly just doing everyday tasks around the farm. Not my intention. But it was difficult to maintain the barn and silo were always full, I hand to sell everything in the barn so i could by new product machine. But I advanced to get myself in the derby. Only to find out I am competing with a level 100 farm with 14 wins in each category and that I have to do the same number and amounts of tasks. How is this fair and balanced play. My little farm needs to do 4 boats, 30 help signs and 99 ore, so on and so on. If I want to be in the top three. I have one smelter with two spaces. Hay day you really need to do better. This is not fair and balanced. If you want new players and keep the one you have. There needs to be a change.

This is exactly how it is for solo hoods and no strategy can help you. Tried them all, the only 'strategy' to place is to actually speed up with diamonds. Which is not strategy at all of course.

After trying all possible real strategies and seeing that none worked, I have chosen to continue playing solo and every time I see that the moment I start derby, a few teams have already done 10 tasks, I do only 9, save my diamonds and drop the league.

Decide what works the best for you.
    Last edited by ninagrozdanovic; September 13th, 2020 at 10:13 AM.