Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bunny Derby – Rules and Hidden Rules

Bunny Derby – Rules and Hidden Rules

Bunny Derby – Rules and Hidden Rules

Bunny Derby is by far the most confusing derby we have ever had. In this post I'll convey my own understanding (tested theory through several bunny derbies), with the hidden rules not explained by the game. I hope this can help your hood prepare better for next bunny derby. I’ll be delighted to answer further question you still have after reading.

First of all, I need you to forget EVERYTHING you think you understand about Bunny Derby. Chances are that understanding is wrong and I prefer not to confuse you even more by mixing different source of information. Let’s start fresh with all the thing we need to know about Bunny Derby.

Short version to explain the concept of Bunny Derby

1. What is Bunny Derby?
    Bunny Derby introduces a new mode to play Derby, with extra goal: catch Bunny to unlock extra reward. A hood can work together to catch up to 3 Bunnies. This is similar to Bingo Derby where a hood can get extra rewards by completing up to 3 Bingo lines.
    This derby mode can be combined with other known derby types. We can have: Mystery Bunny Derby, Power Bunny Derby, Chill Bunny Derby and Normal Bunny Derby.
    So far (Aug 2020), Blossom Bunny Derby nor Bingo Bunny Derby have not been observed since Bunny Derby introduced in March 2020 update.

2. Why should my hood catch Bunny? Which rewards does Bunny bring?
    Catching Bunny, just like completing Bingo lines, is completely optional. Your hood won’t earn extra derby point nor get better ranking on Derby Leaderboard. If your hood goal is to compete for Derby leaderboard, then waiting to catch Bunny might slow you down. However, if your hood constantly stays in the same league without getting the top 3 to qualify for extra rewards, then maybe you should consider Bunny rewards for similar effort. Those are extra, and certainly good ones.

Each Bunny caught unlocks an extra column, which gives better rewards Bunny after Bunny and also improves with higher league
    . Some rewards observed in Bunny column: puzzle piece, expansion permit, multiple vouchers of any color, multiple farm material (BEM, SEM, LEM), multiple diamond, Tom / Rose / Ernest boosters. No random decoration nor tools nor TEM nor farm goods observed so far. Even if you shuffle, the rewards might be worth it for you.

If you want these Bunny rewards, then you should catch Bunny. Otherwise, you can just ignore Bunny and play derby like you used to.

3. When does Bunny arrive?
    There is a total of 3 Bunnies in a Bunny Derby. However, unlike Bingo lines, they are not all available to be caught at derby start. During 6 days of derby, Bunny will be released, for every hood, one after another at predefined schedule on Tuesday, on Wednesday and on Friday .
    Once Bunny is caught, at the next sync with server, a timer will give you an idea of how much time left till next Bunny arrival. Currently, this timer only gives an approximate estimation of real Bunny arrival time. See below for more details.

4. Where do I find Bunny?
    When Bunny comes, it will appear on the racetrack with a counter next to it, in front of the horse. Tap on the Bunny will tell you which Bunny it is and how to catch it . Once caught, Bunny will no longer appear on the racetrack until the next Bunny comes at predefined schedule.
    Bunny presence is very important. Before finishing any Bunny Task, you should check whether a Bunny is on the racetrack, which means it is still available to be caught and check the number on its counter to avoid wasting Bunny Task. Keep an eye on the count for your hood strategy.

5. How do I catch Bunny?
    To catch a Bunny, you must wait for it to be available in the game and complete a certain amount of Bunny Task. The amount of Bunny Task varies and depends on derby size (how many opted in) and the derby league of your hood. Each Bunny you have requires the same amount of Bunny Task.

The very first task taken to start the derby will never be a Bunny Task. After the first task is taken, as long as a Bunny stays on the racetrack (= available to be caught), a short period of 10 minutes – called Bunny Time – will regularly come. During Bunny Time, all task available on board turn pink with a Bunny icon on it – these are Bunny Tasks. They revert to regular task once Bunny Time ended. You only need to take task during Bunny Time for it to be tagged as Bunny Task, no need to complete it during a Bunny Time.

Each Bunny Task taken and completed will increase the Bunny Counter by +1 (check the Bunny on the racetrack). When the counter reaches the total amount of Bunny task required, Bunny is caught, the extra reward is unlocked. If a Bunny Task is completed when there is no Bunny on the racetrack (already caught), the task simply counts as regular task and does not count towards catching the next Bunny. Just like Bingo Derby, once a cell is done, completing a task on that same cell doesn’t make any difference on Bingo board.

If there is no Bunny on the racetrack, there will be no more Bunny Time until next Bunny comes at predefined schedule. Wait for it to come then complete any ongoing Bunny Task to increase the Bunny Counter.

..more details on next posts...
    Last edited by meonhoc; September 6th, 2020 at 11:50 PM.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy - Lake Timer

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 149♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

Detailed version to elaborate your strategy

In this part, I will focus on technical details about Bunny rewards, Bunny Task and Bunny Timer. This info often cause confusion amongst players. Please also note that these details can be adjusted by Hay Day team any time without notice.

1. Bunny Rewards: how good is it really?
    I said above that Bunny Rewards improve with derby league and how many Bunny caught. The table below lists the amount of some possible Bunny rewards, it varies from a Bunny to next Bunny and from league to league. Only Rookie League and Champion League are listed for the min and max possible amount.

Possible Reward Bunny #1 (Tue) Bunny #2 (Wed) Bunny #3 (Fri)
    Puzzle Piece 1x 1x 1x
    Expansion Permit 1x 1x 1x
    Diamond 5x 5x 5x
    Voucher (any colour) Rookie: 1x
    Champion: 3x
    Rookie: 2x
    Champion: 4x
    Rookie: 3x
    Champion: 5x
    BEM/ SEM/ LEM Rookie: 1x
    Champion: 3x
    Rookie: 2x
    Champion: 4x
    Rookie: 3x
    Champion: 5x
    Booster
    (Free Tom / Shorter Tom nap /
    Rose / Ernest)
    Rookie: 1x 3-star
    Champion: 1x 4-star or higher

2. Bunny Task: how many for my hood?

The bigger the derby size (number of opted-in player) or the higher the league, the more Bunny Tasks are required to catch Bunny. Example for 1-derby player: 1x Bunny Task in Rookie League (green) but 2x Bunny Tasks in Novice League or higher (blue, purple, yellow, champion).

In general, it is possible to have enough tasks to catch all 3 Bunnies without taking an extra task. Only one exception is for a 1-derby player in Novice League (blue league) where the extra task is needed (for a total of 7 tasks) to catch Bunny #3, since the first task to start derby cannot be a Bunny Task.

During Mystery Bunny Derby, Power Bunny Derby and Normal Bunny Derby: the amount Bunny Tasks required to catch each Bunny is the same. When divided by derby size, it is at maximum 2x Bunny Tasks/ per player/per Bunny for all combination {league – derby size} possible.

During Chill Bunny Derby, the amount is higher since each player can do up to 35 tasks. We only have this once, not enough information yet for my own analysis.

3. Bunny timer, what’s the deal?

Bunny arrivals
    We know there are 3 Bunnies that will become available throughout Derby week at different times. Currently, Bunny appearance follows a stable pattern which stays the same through the last several Bunny derbies. Please note that this time can be changed by the team at any moment.

Time given in 24h and hh:mm format with a precision of +/- 1 minute.

Timezone Bunny #1 Bunny #2 Bunny #3
    UTC +0 12:34 on Tuesday 18:48 on Wednesday 17:51 on Friday
    UTC +2 (CEST)
    Ex.: Germany/ France/ Italy in summer
    14:34 on Tuesday 20:48 on Wednesday 19:51 on Friday
    UTC +7
    Ex.: Bangkok, Jakarta
    19:34 on Tuesday 01:48 on Thursday 00:51 on Saturday
    UTC +10 (AEST)
    Ex.: Melbourne in winter
    22:34 on Tuesday 04:48 on Thursday 03:51 on Saturday
    UTC +12 (NZST)
    Ex: Auckland in winter
    00:34 on Wednesday 06:48 on Thursday 05:51 on Saturday
    UTC -7 (PDT)
    Ex.: Los Angeles in summer
    05:34 on Tuesday 11:48 on Wednesday 10:51 on Friday
    UTC -4 (EDT)
    Ex.: New York in summer
    08:34 on Tuesday 14:48 on Wednesday 13:51 on Friday
    In doubt, you can check UTC time conversion with or without DST at this link: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?pl=1&lid=100&h=100 by adding your own city.

Bunny timer meaning

Like the saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words”, I summarize the possible Bunny timer pattern in these illustrations, specially made for this post, with a few new terms not mentioned in the game but will help you clear the confusion you may have about bunny timer.

Full size link: https://i.imgur.com/TNnhBWU.png

Full size link: https://i.imgur.com/bkNafpt.png

Each block of color represents a different state of the Bunny timer, displayed in the banner on top of Derby board. Between each state and when a player is online, the game checks derby progress and switches to the next most suitable state. Once all 3 Bunnies caught, the banner disappears at the next checkpoint.

Bunny_Timer State What does it mean In-game banner says
    Opening Bunny Time (10 minutes) When a Bunny arrives on the racetrack at scheduled time, it comes with one-time Opening Bunny Time.

It triggers if no other Bunny is already on the racetrack as soon as a player opens the game. It can interrupt any ongoing timer.
    _
    Next Bunny time in: <remaining time less than 5 seconds>
    then
    Bunny time ends in: <remaining time is less than 10 min>
    Recurrent Bunny Pause (90 minutes) While a Bunny is on the racetrack, a Recurrent Bunny Pause occurs regularly in a cycle, counting down till the next Recurrent Bunny Time.

It can be triggered after a Bunny Time (of any kind) when the game checks derby progress.
    _
    Next Bunny time in: <remaining time is less than 90 min>
    Recurrent Bunny Time (10 minutes) While a Bunny is on the racetrack, a Recurrent Bunny Time occurs regularly in a cycle, counting down till the next Recurrent Bunny Pause.

It can be triggered after a Recurrent Bunny Pause when the game checks derby progress.
    _
    Bunny time ends in: <remaining time is less than 10 min>
    Before Bunny Pause (various time) While the 3rd Bunny is not caught, and when there is no Bunny on the race track, the timer counts down to the next Recurrent Bunny Time, which only starts 100 minutes after the next Bunny arrives on the racetrack (after Opening Bunny Time and a Recurrent Bunny Pause). In other words, the Bunny arrives 100 min earlier than the timer.

It can be triggered after any other state when the game checks derby progress.
    _
    Next Bunny time in: <remaining time is more than 100 min and up to 2 days>

When a Bunny is caught and no Opening Bunny Time occurs, then the ongoing timer will continue.

If a timer is going and all player in the hood are offline when the time is up, then the game will wait for the next time a player in the hood opens the game to perform derby progress checking. Only then, a new timer will start. You better stay online through the end of each Bunny Time (of any kind) to make sure the Recurrent Bunny Pause starts thus optimizing the time till next Recurrent Bunny Time.

End of detailed version. Still confused? Any comment? Let me know by replying to this thread.
    Last edited by meonhoc; September 7th, 2020 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Bunny arrives 100 min early

more reserved post for upcoming FAQ according to player feedback
    Last edited by meonhoc; September 7th, 2020 at 12:38 AM.

reserved of reserved post

last reserved post

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

So if you get a bunny task during bunny time - Your hood catches a bunny but any Leftover tasks from catching the bunny don’t count towards the next bunny?

Quote Originally Posted by DianaHR View Post
    So if you get a bunny task during bunny time - Your hood catches a bunny but any Leftover tasks from catching the bunny don’t count towards the next bunny?
    It all depends on when the said left over bunny tasks are completed. You can hold on it as long as you can if you must, or choose to make it as regular task and take another bunny task later. Check how many task left for the whole team.

For a bunny task to count towards catching Bunny, a Bunny (with a counter) must be available on the racetrack, in front of your horse. No counter = no Bunny = any task completed during that time will not be counted towards catching Bunny.

Fresh Spawn
    My time says I have 9 hours and 56 minutes to complete, however I used extra diamonds for 2 extra task. Now I am 2 behind. It won’t let me finish and it says the derby will end in 9 hours and 6 minutes. Sooo upset. This whole derby has been a mess :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Jrtm2003 View Post
    My time says I have 9 hours and 56 minutes to complete, however I used extra diamonds for 2 extra task. Now I am 2 behind. It won’t let me finish and it says the derby will end in 9 hours and 6 minutes. Sooo upset. This whole derby has been a mess :-(
    You probably refers to the Chill Bunny derby that just ended, especially the rules about Chill derby and its daily quota. Unfortunately this has nothing to do with Bunny.

If you can elaborate your issue in a new thread with a question, someone could give you some advice.

Had a quick question. On our derby, our bunny disappeared last day and never returned. I think because we had fulfilled all rewards. Do you know if this right?