Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has it ever happened to you?

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by MollyHayWay View Post
    I have to disagree, sorry. I donít see it as a big compliment, I find it annoying. When I see a farm I like I actually look around, maybe add it to my friends and I appreciate the time and effort that farmer has put into it. I might take a few ideas but I think copying a massive part of it square foot by square foot is cheeky and very annoying. Maybe at least drop a nice message and ask?! ĎHey your farm looks great can I do this on mine?í As courtesy
    I was kind of thinking the same way. Thanks for your honest opinion.

Honestly, no idea if anyone has taken any ideas to decorate their farm from mine. But even if it happened, it would not bother me in the least. Most likely I would not even notice it.

I’m in the compliment camp on this one. I didn’t think there was a direct way to message a farm not in your neighborhood. Perhaps I’m missing something? However, I can’t imagine copying an entire layout. Much of the fun is in personalizing the decor of our farms!

Hi Sylver14,

Is this person in your NH or in your friend’s list? If you’re gut-sensing something weird, I’d pay attention to it.
    There are compliments, and then there are worse.

I had someone who imitated me (clothing, hairstyle, etc), and ended up stalking me. I’m not saying this would happen to you, but there people in the world who it’s best not to allow access to any part of your life.

if you have a gut feeling that this is really weird, which it sounds like to me, and if their behavior bothers you, those are clues to keep more private, quiet and distant from them I.e. ignore the person, don’t react to them. Don’t call them out on it, or make a big deal in your NH. Personally, based on my experience, I’d quietly leave the NH and block them as a friend; you might not want to take such an action yet, but you might want to have that out as an option.
    Eventually they’ll find someone else to imitate. Just my take on this and your sense of unease - it’s similar to how I felt.

P.S. If you want to quietly mess with this person, you could play and have fun creating several different farm layouts and use those for a bit, saving your original beautiful farm.
    Last edited by AsYouWish; September 10th, 2020 at 12:27 AM.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWish View Post
    Hi Sylver14,

Is this person in your NH or in your friendís list? If youíre gut-sensing something weird, Iíd pay attention to it.
    There are compliments, and then there are worse.

I had someone who imitated me (clothing, hairstyle, etc), and ended up stalking me. Iím not saying this would happen to you, but there people in the world who itís best not to allow access to any part of your life.

if you have a gut feeling that this is really weird, which it sounds like to me, and if their behavior bothers you, those are clues to keep more private, quiet and distant from them I.e. ignore the person, donít react to them. Donít call them out on it, or make a big deal in your NH. Personally, based on my experience, Iíd quietly leave the NH and block them as a friend; you might not want to take such an action yet, but you might want to have that out as an option.
    Eventually theyíll find someone else to imitate. Just my take on this and your sense of unease - itís similar to how I felt.

P.S. If you want to quietly mess with this person, you could play and have fun creating several different farm layouts and use those for a bit, saving your original beautiful farm.
    Oh, I am really sorry to read about your unfortunate experience! I don't think this would be my case though. There were 4 or 5 different persons and with different farm levels, all of them in my followers list. So it's hard to tell what their intentions were. Although I did send a friend request to one of them and the person didn't accept it. So I just deleted it. People in my NH are constantly complementing me for having a nice farm, many of them liked my farm, but none of them actually started to copy it 🤷
    Last edited by sylver14; September 10th, 2020 at 04:54 AM.

I once had someone follow me who changed their farm name to match mine. I’m glad they liked it, but it was creepy I deleted them.

then I started Clashing. On the clash of clans side of Supercell, layouts are commonly copied and shared
    Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by sylver14 View Post
    Did anyone ever find themselves in the situation when another player copied a big part or the entire layout of your farm? If yes, how did you react or what did you do about it?
    I think it's great to copy my farm and anyone is welcome to do it. If I see something that would fit in the style of my farm I copy it or maybe a portion of it.
    Halloweeners
    ID #P8POURGU