Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has it ever happened to you?

Has it ever happened to you?

Did anyone ever find themselves in the situation when another player copied a big part or the entire layout of your farm? If yes, how did you react or what did you do about it?

Obviously you have a nice farm. Nice compliment that they copied so much of it

Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    It is a nice compliment and a bit disappointing at the same time �� One needs to invest a lot of time to gain the resources needed (coins, vouchers, diamonds) to create a nice layout, then to see it got copied overnight? Eh

Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    fully agree

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 😊 It is a nice compliment.
    Last edited by BostonGirl; September 7th, 2020 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Typo

Centennial Club
    I copy sections of others' layouts but never the whole thing. I expect others do the same from my farm and I take it as a compliment. Sometimes other people have cool ideas that you've never thought of. So long as people don't copy entire layouts I see no problem

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy123abc69 View Post
    I copy sections of others' layouts but never the whole thing. I expect others do the same from my farm and I take it as a compliment. Sometimes other people have cool ideas that you've never thought of. So long as people don't copy entire layouts I see no problem
    I don't say it's a problem, just totally unexpected 🙂 And I actually do know a case of someone copying another player's farm layout (not mine) and the "copy" looked a lot much better than the original! Personally I like to send friend request when I find a very beautiful farm with original deco ideas and I enjoy looking at them every now and then. I might use some ideas to inspire me when I decorate my own farm, but I wouldn't copy the whole thing

Yes!! I've seen two different farms that had several areas laid out decorated exactly like mine! I took it as a big complement!
    Started playing July 2014

Agreed, and by the way. I'm from Sharon, MA 😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 😊 It is a nice compliment.

I have to disagree, sorry. I donít see it as a big compliment, I find it annoying. When I see a farm I like I actually look around, maybe add it to my friends and I appreciate the time and effort that farmer has put into it. I might take a few ideas but I think copying a massive part of it square foot by square foot is cheeky and very annoying. Maybe at least drop a nice message and ask?! ĎHey your farm looks great can I do this on mine?í As courtesy