Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to keep the game interesting without participating in Derby

  1. #1
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    47

    How to keep the game interesting without participating in Derby

    For the past year I have been playing Hay Day and participate in Derby almost every week. I got my trophy for 40 weeks in champions league, fully decorated my farm the way I wanted for years and just reached level 100 last week. Now I feel there's not much left to do and game starts to get boring. I am in a NH where people play without pressure, only 5-6 of us do maximum in Derbys, the rest just play occasionally, sometimes only doing 2-3 tasks per week. We keep our place in champion league, most of the time finishing 9th or 10th, but we never place in top 3 and hardly reach 6 or 7 horseshoes. I find the derby rewards very disappointing: 1 scroll in 2 weeks, 1 puzzle piece almost every week (which is not such a bad thing) and upgrade stuff that I almost never need (if I work to upgrade barn I get only silo rewards which I don't need from derby and vice versa). I would love getting more decorations from playing in champions league, but it's a miracle if I see 1 deco in 3 months! So lately I started to think that playing Derby in champions league is overrated. I don't want to be part of a NH if I have to spend money to win. I also don't want to leave my current NH because the leader is great when it comes to help others. But I really need something new to keep the game interesting for me! I tried playing other farm games, but I felt none of them has the graphic quality of this one. And I really love playing Hay Day, but what can I do to prevent boredom and monotony?

  2. #2
    Hi there, it sounds like you have a nice neighbourhood, maybe you could recruit some new members? Might help to liven up the derby and more people to chat with. Have you got all of the achievements, may be you could work towards one of those? Or maybe try to max out a farm machine? Sometimes I take a break from the derby and just enjoy helping people who are doing the derby that week - one of things I love about hayday is you can play as much or a little as you want to.

  3. #3
    AdvoCat Extraordinaire meonhoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mo's code:
    Posts
    5,273
    During my boredom days, I became self sufficient: make all thing I need, never buy them from other shops except for basic ingredients (crops, animal products, lake products). Made me a challenge to do all boat and help other random boats through Daily Dirt. This involved a lot of planning, analysing, observation and knowing what to produce. Just like managing a little warehouse. Nowadays Valley Season keeps me busy with all the planning and tracking to test my farm limit.

    There is also this Scorched Earth Challenge to see how good you know the game.

    In the past, I have seen farmer time their planting so all the trees blossom at the same time. Take screenshot. Truly beautiful to look at. Another one organise theme sale, such as all cherry related products.
    Last edited by meonhoc; September 6th, 2020 at 01:55 PM.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy - Lake Timer

    My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

    #AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 150♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

  4. #4
    Super Member AsYouWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    ❤️
    Posts
    873
    Hi Sylver14!

    Welcome to the forum! Great question! I haven’t played the Derby in nearly a year and find the break from focusing on it refreshing. I actually enjoy HayDay more now that I’m not in the Derby. There is so much to do that I don’t feel bored with the game. There are enough events that I can pick and choose which ones I want to participate in. I also can design my own events on my farm: setting private goals for something I’d like to achieve in any aspect of the farm, fishing, town areas. If I don’t feel like that, I can just have fun fooling around with changing the farm layout, redecorating, helping my NH and strangers, selling surprise prime items for 1 coin and enjoying shoppers going berserk in my RSS, leaving unadvertised goodies in my RSS for friends at a discount or 1 coin... the list of fun things you can do for yourself and others is extensive.

    I haven’t done it, but there is an empty out your barn and silo then rebuild self-challenge that many have enjoyed doing.

    Meow beat me to it! Nice post, Meonhoc!
    Last edited by AsYouWish; September 6th, 2020 at 02:10 PM.

  5. #5
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    47
    Thank you guys for taking time to answer my question!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morecowbells View Post
    Hi there, it sounds like you have a nice neighbourhood, maybe you could recruit some new members? Might help to liven up the derby and more people to chat with. Have you got all of the achievements, may be you could work towards one of those? Or maybe try to max out a farm machine? Sometimes I take a break from the derby and just enjoy helping people who are doing the derby that week - one of things I love about hayday is you can play as much or a little as you want to.
    Chatting is not really my thing, so I don't think that would solve my problem. I still have a few machines left to master so right now I am focusing on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    During my boredom days, I became self sufficient: make all thing I need, never buy them from other shops except for basic ingredients (crops, animal products, lake products). Made me a challenge to do all boat and help other random boats through Daily Dirt. This involved a lot of planning, analysing, observation and knowing what to produce. Just like managing a little warehouse. Nowadays Valley Season keeps me busy with all the planning and tracking to test my farm limit.

    There is also this Scorched Earth Challenge to see how good you know the game.

    In the past, I have seen farmer time their planting so all the trees blossom at the same time. Take screenshot. Truly beautiful to look at. Another one organise theme sale, such as all cherry related products.
    Being self sufficient is really my thing when it comes to play hay day, I really enjoy producing and harvesting and I rarely buy from the paper. I read about the scorched earth challenge a few months ago and had a great time reading all the posts. I might actually give it a try some day. I find very interesting the idea of planting the trees to blossom all at the same time!


    Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWish View Post
    Hi Sylver14!

    Welcome to the forum! Great question! I haven’t played the Derby in nearly a year and find the break from focusing on it refreshing. I actually enjoy HayDay more now that I’m not in the Derby. There is so much to do that I don’t feel bored with the game. There are enough events that I can pick and choose which ones I want to participate in. I also can design my own events on my farm: setting private goals for something I’d like to achieve in any aspect of the farm, fishing, town areas. If I don’t feel like that, I can just have fun fooling around with changing the farm layout, redecorating, helping my NH and strangers, selling surprise prime items for 1 coin and enjoying shoppers going berserk in my RSS, leaving unadvertised goodies in my RSS for friends at a discount or 1 coin... the list of fun things you can do for yourself and others is extensive.

    I haven’t done it, but there is an empty out your barn and silo then rebuild self-challenge that many have enjoyed doing.

    Meow beat me to it! Nice post, Meonhoc!
    The idea of setting private goals to follow sounds also good! I'm thinking now that maybe for a change, instead of doing derby, to spend every week on focusing more on one different aspect of the game: maybe one week do all the boats, another week only serve townies, or just plant crops and sell them.

  6. #6
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    151
    Instead of looking at other farm games, why not start a baby farm? Get back to the "roots", rediscover the simple fun and busyness, and with the viewpoint of "if I knew then what I know now" ... for instance, none of my baby farms have the town... and you might reconsider clearcutting, who knows?!?!

  7. #7
    Official Cat Pic Guy THNSUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Catlantis
    Posts
    2,079
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post

    There is also this Scorched Earth Challenge to see how good you know the game.

    .

    I soooooooo wanna try this....


    Amoooozing Signature by ClashOfHolmes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gertie777 View Post
    Wish you could milk my goats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark11308 View Post
    Alcohol and money and I guarantee success, these aren't bring home to mom women, but moms not looking for a women, you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNuggets View Post
    I reported myself to supercell.

  8. #8
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by heartgal View Post
    Instead of looking at other farm games, why not start a baby farm? Get back to the "roots", rediscover the simple fun and busyness, and with the viewpoint of "if I knew then what I know now" ... for instance, none of my baby farms have the town... and you might reconsider clearcutting, who knows?!?!
    I don't know how so many people have time to play and manage multiple farms 🙂 I have a baby farm too, but rarely I play on it. I guess I prefer to focus on my main farm, since I already invested a lot of time and resources in it. But in the little time I spend on my baby farm I did try to make some things different, for example I chose not to repair the dock so I never send boats on it. I limited the treecutting as I like the actual natural look of the farm. And I even created my own NH and played the Derby alone a few times, that was kind of fun 🙂

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •