Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 122

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - Lost & Crowned animated short film coming September 12th

  1. #41
    Millennial Club Be A Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Movies are actually one of the worst and most expensive ways to advertise a non-movie brand, and very rarely do they ever return on that investment. Think of all the video game movies that have ever come out. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Warcraft, Final Fantasy, etc. Now go look at how well they did at the box office. The exception to this are comic book movies, and apart from the Marvel franchise, how well have other comic book movies done?

    One of the reasons is because it's very difficult to make a 2-hour, full length feature film about something that has an expansive universe. This is especially true when the universe is already well established with a lot of fandom. The movie needs to be canonical enough to cater to the hardcore fans but also needs to be approachable by people who have never heard of the franchise. And because you have to make that compromise, you usually end up with the worst of both worlds. That's why movies based on video games rarely do well.
    Thanks for the explanation.

    We didn't make this movie to make money. It's purely a passion project to breathe some fun life into the Clash universe and show a little of what goes on behind the scenes when you're not watching your troops
    Yes, I get that, don't get me wrong

  2. #42
    Junior Member TheBazookaJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Movies are actually one of the worst and most expensive ways to advertise a non-movie brand, and very rarely do they ever return on that investment. Think of all the video game movies that have ever come out. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Warcraft, Final Fantasy, etc. Now go look at how well they did at the box office. The exception to this are comic book movies, and apart from the Marvel franchise, how well have other comic book movies done?

    One of the reasons is because it's very difficult to make a 2-hour, full length feature film about something that has an expansive universe. This is especially true when the universe is already well established with a lot of fandom. The movie needs to be canonical enough to cater to the hardcore fans but also needs to be approachable by people who have never heard of the franchise. And because you have to make that compromise, you usually end up with the worst of both worlds. That's why movies based on video games rarely do well.

    We didn't make this movie to make money. It's purely a passion project to breathe some fun life into the Clash universe and show a little of what goes on behind the scenes when you're not watching your troops.
    First off, the statue is AWESOME! I didn't realize the crown would rotate until I played it on my base. Secondly, I am really excited to see the team over at SC are so passionate about the game still after all these years. It gives me comfort knowing that this game will be around for the foreseeable future! Thanks for all you guys do, Darian!
    LEVEL 106: BRAND NEW TH10 | MY STATS
    IGN: BazookaJoe | CLAN: YPAW


  3. #43
    Centennial Club Minsarul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We didn't make this movie to make money. It's purely a passion project to breathe some fun life into the Clash universe and show a little of what goes on behind the scenes when you're not watching your troops.
    Yep thats whats it is.. awesome

  4. #44
    Forum Elder Colin94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,303
    Very cool idea.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Sudo3326User's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
    Posts
    361
    I just noticed that the crown on the Storied Statue spins slowly....I wonder how much effort would that have taken...
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

    Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo3326User View Post
    I just noticed that the crown on the Storied Statue spins slowly....I wonder how much effort would that have taken...
    Yeah that visual effect is something new and awesome.

  7. #47
    Junior Member TheBazookaJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo3326User View Post
    I just noticed that the crown on the Storied Statue spins slowly....I wonder how much effort would that have taken...
    I'm hoping we see more like this!
    LEVEL 106: BRAND NEW TH10 | MY STATS
    IGN: BazookaJoe | CLAN: YPAW


  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    227
    Awesome, can't wait

  9. #49
    Trainee
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    32
    Wow, spent time making a video instead of more game content. Great priorities there!

  10. #50
    Senior Member Sudo3326User's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by 4300market View Post
    Wow, spent time making a video instead of more game content. Great priorities there!
    The Dev team didn't make the video....
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

    Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •