Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - Lost & Crowned animated short film coming September 12th

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Movies are actually one of the worst and most expensive ways to advertise a non-movie brand, and very rarely do they ever return on that investment. Think of all the video game movies that have ever come out. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Warcraft, Final Fantasy, etc. Now go look at how well they did at the box office. The exception to this are comic book movies, and apart from the Marvel franchise, how well have other comic book movies done?

One of the reasons is because it's very difficult to make a 2-hour, full length feature film about something that has an expansive universe. This is especially true when the universe is already well established with a lot of fandom. The movie needs to be canonical enough to cater to the hardcore fans but also needs to be approachable by people who have never heard of the franchise. And because you have to make that compromise, you usually end up with the worst of both worlds. That's why movies based on video games rarely do well.
    Thanks for the explanation.

We didn't make this movie to make money. It's purely a passion project to breathe some fun life into the Clash universe and show a little of what goes on behind the scenes when you're not watching your troops
    Yes, I get that, don't get me wrong

Movies are actually one of the worst and most expensive ways to advertise a non-movie brand, and very rarely do they ever return on that investment. Think of all the video game movies that have ever come out. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Warcraft, Final Fantasy, etc. Now go look at how well they did at the box office. The exception to this are comic book movies, and apart from the Marvel franchise, how well have other comic book movies done?

One of the reasons is because it's very difficult to make a 2-hour, full length feature film about something that has an expansive universe. This is especially true when the universe is already well established with a lot of fandom. The movie needs to be canonical enough to cater to the hardcore fans but also needs to be approachable by people who have never heard of the franchise. And because you have to make that compromise, you usually end up with the worst of both worlds. That's why movies based on video games rarely do well.

We didn't make this movie to make money. It's purely a passion project to breathe some fun life into the Clash universe and show a little of what goes on behind the scenes when you're not watching your troops.
    First off, the statue is AWESOME! I didn't realize the crown would rotate until I played it on my base. Secondly, I am really excited to see the team over at SC are so passionate about the game still after all these years. It gives me comfort knowing that this game will be around for the foreseeable future! Thanks for all you guys do, Darian!
    LEVEL 106: BRAND NEW TH10 | MY STATS
    IGN: BazookaJoe | CLAN: YPAW

We didn't make this movie to make money. It's purely a passion project to breathe some fun life into the Clash universe and show a little of what goes on behind the scenes when you're not watching your troops.
    Yep thats whats it is.. awesome

Very cool idea.

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
    I just noticed that the crown on the Storied Statue spins slowly....I wonder how much effort would that have taken...
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo3326User View Post
    I just noticed that the crown on the Storied Statue spins slowly....I wonder how much effort would that have taken...
    Yeah that visual effect is something new and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo3326User View Post
    I'm hoping we see more like this!
    LEVEL 106: BRAND NEW TH10 | MY STATS
    IGN: BazookaJoe | CLAN: YPAW

Awesome, can't wait

Trainee
    Wow, spent time making a video instead of more game content. Great priorities there!

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by 4300market View Post
    Wow, spent time making a video instead of more game content. Great priorities there!
    The Dev team didn't make the video....
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.