Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - Lost & Crowned animated short film coming September 12th

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    13 minutes is what I understood from this post
    Why ?

Crab Claw
    Quote Originally Posted by Be A Legend View Post
    Why ?
    Maybe that contains 13 letters.🤔

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It's not that we can't, it's that we prefer not to. There's no point to it. We don't put out enough videos to make it worthwhile to monetize, nor are we in the video-making business.
    But, but, but... How about the movie business?

Pokémon was a game, then—Detective Pikachu! Maybe the short will be so popular, the Clash universe will be a feature someday.

You're never too old to enjoy animated films. Otherwise, Pixar wouldn't make their films have so many adult themes and references.
    I both love and hate that fact. Won’t get started on it here, lol.

Looking forward to the short, though.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Geez. Not everything is a hidden message or a hint. It's just a short film set in the Clash universe that's meant to be enjoyed and watched. Calm down.
    I tried calming down once. Then I stopped calming down and became aggressive instead.

True story.
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    But, but, but... How about the movie business?

Pokémon was a game, then—Detective Pikachu! Maybe the short will be so popular, the Clash universe will be a feature someday.

I both love and hate that fact. Won’t get started on it here, lol.

Looking forward to the short, though.
    Detective Pikachu wasn't made by Niantic. And also the Pokemon IP has been around since the 90's.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    I think that movies are the best way of advertizing (but the most expensive way too)

(Not that I think that this short movie is for advertizing purposes)
    Last edited by Be A Legend; September 1st, 2020 at 03:51 PM.

I think that movies are the best way of advertizing (but the most expensive way too)

Well pokemon became famous first then it made live action movie. But there were animated movies though and also an anime series that is very popular.
    Last edited by Minsarul; September 1st, 2020 at 04:06 PM.

It's not that we can't, it's that we prefer not to. There's no point to it. We don't put out enough videos to make it worthwhile to monetize, nor are we in the video-making business.
    Makes sense to me...

Centennial Club
    The film has elements of both Clash of Clans and Clash Royale since they both co-exist in the same universe. The film itself is neither Clash of Clans or Clash Royale specific and is a short movie about characters existing in that world. It's actually quite fun and can't wait for it to premiere.
    Ohh that's the reason 😅
    Yup clash of clans and clash royale are clashy brothers
    And eagerly waiting for it 😆
    By the way thanks for that free statue to all the clash team 🙌😊😘

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #40

Movies are actually one of the worst and most expensive ways to advertise a non-movie brand, and very rarely do they ever return on that investment. Think of all the video game movies that have ever come out. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Warcraft, Final Fantasy, etc. Now go look at how well they did at the box office. The exception to this are comic book movies, and apart from the Marvel franchise, how well have other comic book movies done?

One of the reasons is because it's very difficult to make a 2-hour, full length feature film about something that has an expansive universe. This is especially true when the universe is already well established with a lot of fandom. The movie needs to be canonical enough to cater to the hardcore fans but also needs to be approachable by people who have never heard of the franchise. And because you have to make that compromise, you usually end up with the worst of both worlds. That's why movies based on video games rarely do well.

We didn't make this movie to make money. It's purely a passion project to breathe some fun life into the Clash universe and show a little of what goes on behind the scenes when you're not watching your troops.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.