Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fair?

Centennial Club

Fair?

So I have a mini acct. that was named Coronavirus. It was reported to be offensive so Supercell changed my name to The Goblin. This happened to others who also used Coronavirus as a tag. I get that it may have offended someone. My issue is that Clans are allowed to use Coronavirus as a name. I asked SC support how this was fair but they refused to address my question. Is this fair?

Forum Legend
    I'm guessing if you report the clan, it's possible that SC might change the clan name much like they changed your in game name. That said, they will never report back to player the results of the action they do or do not take. That would just be a can of worms not worth opening.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Centennial Club
    I’m not looking to report anyone. Just wondering why SC isn’t holding up equal standards for everyone.
    Last edited by Shuggy66; August 31st, 2020 at 06:49 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy66 View Post
    I’m not looking to report anyone. Just a wondering why SC isn’t holding up equal standards for everyone.
    It may very well be equal but if no one reports them, it isnt like SC goes through the list of names looking for offensive names.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Iím not looking to report anyone. Just wondering why SC isnít holding up equal standards for everyone.
    They are though. Someone recently posted the same thing - chose a poor name, same as yours, and got it changed to ďThe GoblinĒ also. Unless this is your second thread on the same subject, then why are you posting again? I have half a mind to utilize clashofstats to find and report everyone with the name coronavirus or sars-cov-2 (seen a couple) or whatever variant, but I donít have that much free time (Iím lying, I do, but Iím lazy). Choosing a name such as that is incredibly insensitive given the loss of life.
    Last edited by toofinedog; August 31st, 2020 at 06:59 PM.

Centennial Club
    They did though. Every gamer that used Coronavirus as a tag has been changed to The Goblin. If it’s offensive as a gamer tag then it should also be deemed offensive as a clan name.

Centennial Club
    This is my first post.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Report the clan names you find to support. It really is as simple as that.

It doesnít matter what we think is fair or not. And besides pointing to someone else and what they did wrong has no influence on your case. If you choose something inappropriate the name will be changed.

Just like getting a speeding ticket. Not everyone will always get a ticket every time they break the speed limit and when you do get a ticket pointing to others who also broke the speed limit but werenít caught wonít help your case.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Forum Legend
    I’m not looking to report anyone. Just wondering why SC isn’t holding up equal standards for everyone.
    They probably do but I'm guessing they don't randomly go looking at every player/clan name and rely of players to report offensive ones, however offensive is defined.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

So I have a mini acct. that was named Coronavirus. It was reported to be offensive so Supercell changed my name to The Goblin. This happened to others who also used Coronavirus as a tag. I get that it may have offended someone. My issue is that Clans are allowed to use Coronavirus as a name. I asked SC support how this was fair but they refused to address my question. Is this fair?
    Why should it be open to debate with support?..
    Given the statistics and the fact it has turned everybody's life upside down, then offensive is putting it mild..

Using "The Goblin" as the alt name is likely their way of putting a message out without themselves being overly offensive..
    Just imagine if a player had used up their name change already, and carried the tag of "The Troll" with them for the rest of that accounts clash life.

Sometimes people should pause for thought before actioning what seems like a good idea on the spur of the moment..
    My playing accounts are ordered mainly numerically for easy identification, but i take a good while mulling over the name if I am going to brew up a clan.

As to fair.. it is personal opinion.. But if something offends, report and move on.. SC will decide after that.