Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New members

New members

It is hard to recruit new and perfect members in clan through only selecting 3 tags which they have maybe or maybe not used in their profile and some uses random tags and we loose players which can be resourceful to our clan...any ideas for other way...since there is none i think...i hope you have???
    Last edited by Chronosishere; August 30th, 2020 at 03:37 PM.
    TINY CREATURE ​OF A TINY UNIVERSE

If you use the tool, invite a lot and accept you are going to have to weed out bad fits. Assuming any accept.

Use options like the looking for clanmates and I need a clan subforums here.

Try discord or reddit.

Last, accept that there are no perfect members. Just close enough.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

The game is old.. So it depends on what expectations you have as regards a "perfect member" that will measure your success..
    Most perfect fits tend to already be holed up somewhere else.

There is no global chat site now in game, so your and their stats are all that you and they see when using the tool.
    Back in the day, clans functioned by simply harvesting what was available in the chat site, do their clan games/war with whom they soaked up.. And next month start the process again, since most will have drifted off.

Now, a solid core is needed to keep the clan healthy, so internal stability is a necessity..
    It shouldnt be too difficult to get the numbers in, if the clan is of average ability and has enough activity to satisfy those newcomers..
    But drawing quality players within a saturated market is a big ask.. And expecting the tool to be enough no matter how they set it up is unlikely to ever bear fruit on a regular basis.

Piper has offered suggestions.. I will only add that an active player base can also help by creating alt accounts.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; August 30th, 2020 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    The game is old.. So it depends on what expectations you have as regards a "perfect member" that will measure your success..
    Most perfect fits tend to already be holed up somewhere else.

There is no global chat site now in game, so your and their stats are all that you and they see when using the tool.
    Back in the day, clans functioned by simply harvesting what was available in the chat site, do their clan games/war with whom they soaked up.. And next month start the process again, since most will have drifted off.

Now, a solid core is needed to keep the clan healthy, so internal stability is a necessity..
    It shouldnt be too difficult to get the numbers in, if the clan is of average ability and has enough activity to satisfy those newcomers..
    But drawing quality players within a saturated market is a big ask.. And expecting the tool to be enough no matter how they set it up is unlikely to ever bear fruit on a regular basis.

Piper has offered suggestions.. I will only add that an active player base can also help by creating alt accounts.
    I'm having issues recruiting for my clan as well. It's been frustrating trying to find anyone just active enough at this point. Most just req and leave. Sad. But the push continues!
    LEVEL 106: BRAND NEW TH10 | MY STATS
    IGN: BazookaJoe | CLAN: YPAW

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    We should try to separate what the tool can do, and what it can't.

The tool can do nothing to improve the pool of nomad players roaming from clan to clan. Good players are in a clan. Those not in a clan are of lesser quality.

But there are things that could improve the usefulness of the tool. A language or regional filter could save time. I find the objections voiced by SC to this short sighted. For example, the argument that there are too many world languages could be countered by simply using the language selected by the player.

The league view that you get by tapping cups shows 100 players in your league, with attacks and defenses for the current season. This gives a good estimate of how active a player is. The recruiting tool does not show this information. It forces you to check each profile individually in a time consuming clickfest. The recruiting tool instead chooses to show Builder Base trophies on the home interface. Nobody recruits war players on th basis of builder base trophies.

It is a year since we got the tool. It is time for improvements to the basic interface.
    More players only hope nowadays. Something should be done to stop hoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRU1955 View Post
    How would you go about forcing players to remain in a clan if they dont want to be there..
    Even more to the point, how would you force that player to be an active and efficient part of the clan, if he is there against his will.

The same problems exist for a new recruit as they do for the recruiting clan..
    There is no way of knowing whether the clan and the player are a good fit until they arrive.

As for potential problems arising from a hopper.. Awareness is protection enough..
    Dont put them in war till you are satisfied they are going to stay, or at least give it a go.

Other than hopping on prep day, they are of minor consequence..
    The clan will have been okay or already in trouble before they arrived, so nothing has changed in that respect.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRU1955 View Post
    Easy. Set the clan to invite only. Don't accept the default request to join text.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Easy. Set the clan to invite only. Don't accept the default request to join text.
    Sadly, that does not work. Someone posts an "I need a clan" on reddit/discord --> I am the first to invite them --> They join the clan --> Some level 15 clan invites them --> They leave
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:52 AM.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Sadly, that does not work. Someone posts an "I need a clan" on reddit/discord --> I am the first to invite them --> They join the clan --> Some level 15 clan invites them --> They leave
    same story.

easy come, easy go.

Make people work a little to join your clan. Don’t just accept anyone. If you accept just anyone, it devalues membership, and members who would like to be valued will leave.

When you advertise your clan, say things about your clan, what it is, what it is not, and then ask people who want to join to say why they want to join. Accept people who have thought, and can say why, don’t accept people wandering in on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    same story.

easy come, easy go.

Make people work a little to join your clan. Don’t just accept anyone. If you accept just anyone, it devalues membership, and members who would like to be valued will leave.

When you advertise your clan, say things about your clan, what it is, what it is not, and then ask people who want to join to say why they want to join. Accept people who have thought, and can say why, don’t accept people wandering in on a whim.
    Will try that. Setting up a discord server just for 'interviewing' the new members.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:09 AM.