Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Question about the inactivity auto-upgrade thingy

Question about the inactivity auto-upgrade thingy

Recently I've come to learn that CoC has an auto-upgrade feature where if you abandon the game for a certain amount of time (I believe the minimum time is 90 days?) the game will automatically upgrade stuff for you at a reduced rate.

However, when I asked if the game will automatically upgrade your Town Hall using this inactivity protocol, I've gotten conflicting answers from Reddit, my friends, and the people in my clan. Some say the Town Hall will be auto-upgraded, others say it won't. So which is it?

I've checked random accounts myself to see if their Town Hall got upgraded in their absence. I've checked the accounts of some friends who quit the game years ago and haven't come back since. None of their Town Halls were upgraded in their absence. I've checked the alt account of an old Clash of Clans YouTuber, Clash with Cam, and his alt account didn't have its Town Hall automatically upgraded either. In Cam's case, his alt account was a TH8, and the last time he logged into his alt account, it was a TH8. He hasn't logged back onto it for entire years, meaning that his alt account would be a very ripe candidate to have its Town Hall upgraded using the inactivity protocol. But checking on the account now, I can see that hasn't happened. So the evidence would seem to suggest that the inactiivty protocol will not automatically upgrade your Town Hall in your absence; it will only upgrade everything else not named a Town Hall instead to the maximum level allowed by your Town Hall.

But the friends I've talked to insisted that their Town Hall got automatically upgraded while they were away, that they quit the game a TH5 and the next time they logged in, their account was suddenly a TH6 without them starting the upgrade process themselves. Reddit posts offer similar testimony, and while this alone wouldn't convince me, I also doubt that so many of my friends would all make up something like this. Even I'm starting to have doubts about the evidence I saw as I think there are ways to explain away why Cam's account wasn't auto upgraded or whatnot, and why the other abandoned bases I saw didn't have their Town Halls upgraded either.

So I'm curious to see if anyone on this forum can offer me their testimony and what they know about the inactivity protocol. Is there someone here who knows the answer for certain? I know information on the Internet can be nebulous at times, but I'm at least interested in seeing anything this forum is able to tell me.

The reason I ask this question is because I have an old account that I've left inactive for a couple of years. I started playing on it again, and I'm planning on upgrading it to TH8 and then leaving it there, so I can have a TH8 to play with whenever I please. I really enjoy TH8 gameplay (especially the war attacks, not to mention I can scout if the clan commands me to) so it gives me something to do if I get bored on my main account. However, if the game will automatically upgrade me to TH9 if I leave my account alone for too long, then that means that I'll have to check in regularly to keep it at TH8, which will be quite annoying and, frankly, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that given the demands of my real life -- I'm not too keen on scheduling my entire life around Clash of Clans, as I'm already dangerously close to that point, having several accounts myself already and they already demand enough of my time. So if the game's going to auto-upgrade my TH8 mini while I'm neglecting it and I come back to an account that's now at a Town Hall I don't particularly care for, I think it might be better if I just don't start to begin with and I don't waste my time on an account doing this only to see it ruined in my absence.

Anyways, if anyone has any knowledge they can offer about this subject matter, I thank you in advance for it.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    The TH will not be upgraded. That was officially stated by Darian after this change was introduced. I haven't got time to look for the post just now, but I'll try to find it later.

Nope it won't upgrade th only building which are already built will only be upgraded
    Also building which are yet to be purchased will stay unaffected

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4

Even if the hall were to upgrade as part of the automated system, it wouldnt show on a still dormant account anyway..
    It is a "returning event".. So only activates once the returning player logs on..
    It doesnt continue to play the game in the players absence.. 90 day minimum, and a once per year event.

Townhall won't upgrade
    Last edited by JayasundarRB; August 29th, 2020 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyGrapes View Post
    <snip> However, if the game will automatically upgrade me to TH9 if I leave my account alone for too long, then that means that I'll have to check in regularly to keep it at TH8, which will be quite annoying and, frankly, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that given the demands of my real life -- I'm not too keen on scheduling my entire life around Clash of Clans, as I'm already dangerously close to that point, having several accounts myself already and they already demand enough of my time. <snip>
    For not having CoC meddling with your account all you have to do is start up the game once every 90 days on such an account...

[and no, as stated, buildings not there will not be placed when you're away longer than 90 days]

What if I upgraded to th13 and inactive for 90 days, will it be max? 🤔

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Alirao View Post
    What if I upgraded to th13 and inactive for 90 days, will it be max? 樂
    It will not be a huge shortcut to a maxed account.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Alirao View Post
    What if I upgraded to th13 and inactive for 90 days, will it be max? 🤔
    😂😂It can be but you might have to wait for a decade