Thread: Problem with players taking low tasks

Problem with players taking low tasks

What do other teams do if players take low tasks by mistake? This happens a lot lately on our team? Very frustrating as you donít stand a chance for 1st place maybe not even 2nd place when that happens. Itís disheartening for the rest of the team.

If it’s the same player making the “mistake”, your leader can opt them out of the next several derbys, or boot them if the leader thinks it wasn’t a “mistake”. Even players that have played for many years can make a mistake. Usually after one, they will slow down and really be careful.

If the player says that they were trying to trash a task and instead took the task, the leader can change them to “member” so that they are not able to trash any tasks. That one would need to be communicated to the player so that they understand why.

I realize it is disheartening, but unless it’s being done on purpose do try to keep it in perspective. Maybe even help guide that player on how your NH likes to do things, and why.
    Last edited by Momscar; August 27th, 2020 at 04:38 PM.
    Level 166
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Ya I know it’s a touchy thing...no one does it on purpose but I think is in a hurry to delete and takes task instead. I always say wake up first..have a coffee lol cause it usually happens first thing in morning...start of the derby!
    Last edited by deb56; August 27th, 2020 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deb56 View Post
    Ya I know itís a touchy thing...no one does it on purpose but I think is in a hurry to delete and takes task instead. I always say wake up first..have a coffee lol cause it usually happens first thing in morning...start of the derby!
    I attempted trashing our board a few weeks ago, before ☕️, and took the task. Only it wasnít the point value that tripped us up, it was the task itself. These things happen to all of us. So unless itís the same person, itís really hard to have a punishment of sorts.
    Level 166
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

We've been having this problem for weeks. And it's always a different person. To be honest we do not know how to deal with this either. It's very frustrating and yes disheartening for the whole team. And because the derbies and the teams are super competitive, we do not have a chance to get to 1st place at all if we do not have a perfect score. And the sad thing is that good players are leaving our hood because of these mistakes.
    Lvl 161, town 45 #ULU2U8Y

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    If it’s the same player making the “mistake”, your leader can opt them out of the next several derbys, or boot them if the leader thinks it wasn’t a “mistake”. Even players that have played for many years can make a mistake. Usually after one, they will slow down and really be careful.

If the player says that they were trying to trash a task and instead took the task, the leader can change them to “member” so that they are not able to trash any tasks. That one would need to be communicated to the player so that they understand why.

I realize it is disheartening, but unless it’s being done on purpose do try to keep it in perspective. Maybe even help guide that player on how your NH likes to do things, and why.
    I announce the rules before each derby. If a person does not abide then they sit out the next derby. If it happens twice in a row they are not allowed to be in derby and get opted out. If they constantly not finish they get booted. I feel that the same people carry others in the derby and this is not fair.
    Halloweeners
    ID #P8POURGU

Centennial Club
    One tip which may help some of the time: if you realize you've just made a mistake, immediately disconnect from the internet. Some times the server doesn't know about the action yet, in which case this will undo it.

The internet trick works but you gotta be really fast. It might be easier to just close the app. I use that trick all the time in my town when I'm stacking guests and accidently hit a building.

If you politely mention the player's mistake there should be no issue. Mistakes happen to everyone. But on the 3rd or 4th offense it stops being a mistake and the player needs to be booted

I look at it as part of the competion of the derby. It sucks when one of us do it but we love it if a competing hoid does it.
    How the person who does it reacts can be telling. If the are very apollogetic then it was most likely a human mistake. If they just go on like it was nothing then you question if you want them in your hood.