Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Next Clan Games - August 22nd - 28th

Forum Legend
    No books til tier 7, ugh. Gonna have to crack the whip this month.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The max points per player being set to 4000 was an oversight by us. It should've been set to 5000 so it doesn't handicap smaller Clans. The new rewards are posted.

The threshold for the bonus tier is correctly still set to 4000 points.
    He also said new rewards are posted. So is there any changes in rewards ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    You'd probably thrive as a politician Darian. I can see two handicaps where you imply none.

- Extended games (even at 5k personal cap) already penalise smaller clans by requiring an extra couple of players to max for a clan to complete the games.

- Smaller clans that are looking to grow (unlocking perks helps big time) will definitely be worse off re XP.

Disclaimer: l lead a well populated active clan, so this is not a personal gripe. But the hurdles we've crossed growing a clan from scratch are not distant memories.
    I think it is probably better for the game long term for many of the small clans to merge and/or player to leave and go to bigger more active clans. I think clash unfortunately loses a lot of players that never got to experience what it was like in a clan with more active players and, if they had, they may have played longer. Clan games rewards larger clans. CWL requires at least 15 and even 15 is often cutting it to close, etc. It seems SC sort of wants to encourage people to get into larger more active clans. Of course, the addition of 5v5 classic war destroys that theory a bit, but maybe one could say that was more for ESL than it was for actual classic war.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think it is probably better for the game long term for many of the small clans to merge and/or player to leave and go to bigger more active clans. I think clash unfortunately loses a lot of players that never got to experience what it was like in a clan with more active players and, if they had, they may have played longer. Clan games rewards larger clans. CWL requires at least 15 and even 15 is often cutting it to close, etc. It seems SC sort of wants to encourage people to get into larger more active clans. Of course, the addition of 5v5 classic war destroys that theory a bit, but maybe one could say that was more for ESL than it was for actual classic war.
    They have destroyed recruitment themselves... there's a lot of dying clans out there who can't even really reach out without external 'assistance' from things like Discord. If they would give a proper way to recruit, things might be different... I'm sorry, but using clan games to penalize smaller clans is not the way to go - at least not in my opinion. Many are struggling and might even want to merge or something, but simply don't have any tools to find one another...

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Postings from forummers, who've been encouraged by SC to abandon their current clan, would certainly support your view that SC are trying to encourage larger clans.

Encouraging larger clans is all very well, but that doesn't mean they should actively penalise smaller clans that do want to grow. Offering 10 XP for tier 1 & bumping the standard XP rewards up a tier will cost those clans, by my reckoning, 110 XP this time around. That's much more than a high performance 10v war loss & getting close to the return from a 10v win.

For certain clans "celebration games" they are not.

I too am disappointed by the experience points this time around. Our clan is being asked to earn 50% more points (or medals) but the additional 10 xp points is nominal. It doesn't make sense. It will not materially alter the workload of our clan since we earn over 100,000every clan games but it is the principal, if you are asking people to do more you should increase the rewards accordingly including XPs.

With respect to merging clans, from the outset our clan has tried to be different. We are a training clan and expose our members to all aspects of the game in a relaxed and non critical way. My long term members enjoy this and don't want it to change. We currently have a level 13 clan with 40 to 50 active members. So in forcing people to other clans, you may be encouraging members to quit. I know I started our clan with a view to build it from the ground up. If you force me to merge, and we have had many offers, I will quit the game.
    SteelCityRed

Clan | Steelcityfarm |ID # 20VP2UGRC

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    some sweet, sweet loot.

Sweet loot

Max points per player: 5000 points

Sweet. Almost no extra work

Points required for bonus tier: 4000

Sweet. Late comers can stop early and still get bonus
    Last edited by Iftheskyisblue; August 21st, 2020 at 10:01 PM.
    Clan for drop-in TH13 FCs clan EU, #P2LLRJ22

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ24

You would think if we were celebrating the clan games would have been easier, not more work that some clans cannot achieve.

Nice one SC.

darn it I only have 13 active accounts... any chance to raise the max per person to 6000. So it's possible for a clan who can get to 50K also get to 75K.

In celebration of the 8th Clashiversary, we're running an extra special Clan Games with a 7th tier for you to conquer, along with one of the rarest items available - a Book of Everything - as a final reward. And don't forget, if you reach the bonus tier threshold you can choose an additional reward from any of the tiers your Clan has unlocked so don't miss out on getting some sweet, sweet loot.

Dates: August 22nd - 28th
    Max points per player: 5000 points
    Points required for bonus tier: 4000 points

Rewards:

Tier 1: 3,000

• Power Potion x1/Dark Elixir 20% of Treasury capacity
    • Training Potion x1
    • Gems x20

Tier 2: 7,500
    • Hero Potion x1
    • Gold - 20% of Treasury capacity
    • Research Potion x1

Tier 3: 12,000
    • Elixir - 30% of Treasury capacity
    • Builder Potion x1
    • Gems x40

Tier 4: 18,000
    • Wall Ring x6
    • Gold - 80% of Treasury capacity
    • Shovel of Obstacles x1

Tier 5: 30,000
    • Rune of Builder Elixir x1
    • Dark Elixir 80% of Treasury capacity -or- Elixir 70% of Treasury capacity
    • Gems x60

Tier 6: 50,000
    • Rune of Gold x1
    • Builder Potion x2
    • Hero Potion x2

Tier 7: 75,000
    • Book of Everything x1
    • Book of Building x1
    • Gems x100

Boosted tasks grant bonus points when completed:

• Elixir Storage Raid
    • Clan Castle Charge
    • Destroy Tesla Towers
    • Destroy X-Bows
    • Donate Spells
    • Gold Challenge
    • Archer Ambush
    • Lava is Love
    • Sneaky Archer Snipehunt
    • Boxer Giant Punch-Up
    • Builder Battle Destructor
    • Goblin Shenanigans
    • Open Walls Day
    • Balloon Blitz
    • Horde Havoc
    • Rocking Along
    • Witching Hour
    • Baby Dragon Storytime
    • Mining Operations
    • Wizard Tower Warfare
    • Spell Factory Sabotage
    • Destroy Inferno Towers
    • Pile of Victories
    • Eagle Artillery Elimination
    • Gold Mine Mayhem
    • Gold Storage Raid
    • Mortar Mauling
    • Laboratory Strike
    • Dark Spell Factory Sabotage
    • Destroy Archer Queen Altars
    • Winning Streak
    • Dark Elixir Heist
    • Unwinding Clock Towers
    • Crushing the Crushers
    • Builder Hall Blow-Up
    • Giant Problem
    • Breaking Glass
    • Double Cannon Trouble
    • Fireman On Duty
    • Gem Heist
    • Fire All Barrels!
    • Builder Battle Star Master
    • Gold Grab
    • Elixir Embezzlement
    • Cannon Carnage
    • Dark Elixir Plumbers
    • Dark Elixir Storage Raid
    • Destroy Air Sweepers
    • Destroy Bomb Towers
    • Destroy Barbarian King Altars
    • Destroy Grand Warden Altars
    • Firecracker Tackle
    • Bombs Away!
    • No Heroics Allowed
    • Attack Up
    • King Level Hunter
    • Wall Whacker
    • Building Boom Boom
    • Wall Wipe Out
    • Sudden Stars
    • Mullet Madness
    • Sneaky Shenanigans
    • The Greatest Giants
    • Smash & Grab
    • Anger Management
    • Need for Speed
    • Cold Weather Day
    • Seeing Quadruple
    • Toxic Tussle
    • Ground Is Angry
    • Skeleton Crew
    • Fire Fight
    Last edited by dbl4210; August 22nd, 2020 at 02:54 AM.

Centennial Club
    I'm in the minority here for the reason that I'm very happy with the rewards. I'd have been sad with all other books.
    But I do agree that it'll be difficult for our clans. Due to cwl matchmaking we took in a small clan with 5 active members and now it'll be tough getting to 75k on both clans.