Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Changing the Revenge Button

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconBubbles View Post
    You also did not read the forum. I attack over 6 times a day in multiplayer. And revenge was made to get payback. Although you need to catch them off guard the fact is that it never happens. Most of them are probably worth it since I am a Town Hall 10 in Champs.

It could also be removed, but I am trying to offer a solution to a useless asset before wiping it.
    How do you you assume I didn’t read your post... I never suggested you don’t attack at all, just that you don’t have to sit about waiting for a revenge. Which I read in your post that you do.
    I am just tired of having to sit around and pretend like it will miraculously open for me, and for someone who checks as much as me it becomes very intimidating when a chance almost never opens up!”
    I have 26 attacks in my current defence log in my Cham II account and could revenge 4 which I to me seems like no problems.
    I checked my Titans III and found 5 revenge opportunities (took one up too).
    Are you not finding ANY revenges or are you looking at particular attacks against you, and wanting to get those bases specifically?

Would be interesting for anyone else who chooses to respond to this thread to check revenge availability and mention as part of the post. I was surprised to find as many as I did.
    Last edited by vansimon; August 16th, 2020 at 01:07 AM.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    You say you only attack 6 times a day but others who attack 20-30 times a day or so that means they will be on 20-30 peopleís defense logs in one single day. At any given time such people are on a massive number of defense logs ready to be revenged according to this plan. Which means they could potentially be revenged into oblivion and sustain massive losses with no regard for shield or guard.
    So that option isnít going to work.

Now letís say you introduce another shield after a successful revenge like you said, then youíre basically back at square 1 when another player beats you to a revenge theyíre shielded again and unavailable.

Another issue with such an idea is that it could easily be possible to revenge just after a normal defense in which case you may find heroes dead, some defenses/traps empty or triggered and CC gone. It should always be possible for the player to have an influence on the best available defense and get their defensive state in order if they wish.

So all in all this isn't going anywhere.
    You and everyone else will find a new and better solution in my next forum about separating revenge attacks altogether into their own system.

And bingo, I never find any revenges. Maybe 1 every 2 times I check, but down in champs and below it is impossible to revenge. Everyone is attacked instantly off shield and I actually attack 15 times a day usually, yet I have been taking a break from mass murder. -._-. But clearly in the end you would all rather scrap it then fix it. I am heavily revising and working on a better solution which will be incorporated better and easily understood other than this one. This one was just a draft.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconBubbles View Post
    You and everyone else will find a new and better solution in my next forum about separating revenge attacks altogether into their own system.

And bingo, I never find any revenges. Maybe 1 every 2 times I check, but down in champs and below it is impossible to revenge. Everyone is attacked instantly off shield and I actually attack 15 times a day usually, yet I have been taking a break from mass murder. -._-. But clearly in the end you would all rather scrap it then fix it. I am heavily revising and working on a better solution which will be incorporated better and easily understood other than this one. This one was just a draft.
    The revenge system is rough. In champions league and above (up to but not including legends) every base which goes offline without shield or guard is sent straight to matchmaking. Thereís a tiny delay for revenges to work on that base. This had to do with cheap shielding and trophy exchange exploits etc of the competitive scene.

A few more things to keep in mind when you want to come up with ideas to ďfix itĒ.
    When a player has guard or shield they should be safe from suffering attacks whether itís revenge or regular. Wouldnít it suck to think you have an active shield or guard to suddenly find heroes dead or CC used when youíre about to attack for war etc.
    They must be able to rely on shields and guards whether itís to protect loot of trophies or both.

Furthermore, taking defenses needs to be somewhat a predictable event so that if a player chooses to he or she can bring the strongest defense they have. So they make sure their defenses are loaded, heroes are on patrol a defense CC is loaded etc. of course there are lots of players who donít bother as much but it should be a possibility at least.

I will say that I wouldnít miss it If revenge wasnít an option, I almost never use it. I rather search in multiplayer because Iím more likely to find better targets with more loot then on the revenge list. Very often players are attacked by stronger opponents anyway making a revenge rather tough and it isnít worth the effort vs what an attack can bring in multiplayer. Furthermore when I spent a little time searching for a good base letís say 10 minutes then those 10 minutes of search time already goes towards the hero recovery and troop training time (assuming your second army isnít completely cooked yet). But hey thatís just my preference and I certainly understand some players donít care about that aspect and just want the feeling a good revenge gives them.

Keep in mind that just because people donít agree with your idea or point out flaws in it doesnít mean they donít understand the idea.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    The revenge system is rough. In champions league and above (up to but not including legends) every base which goes offline without shield or guard is sent straight to matchmaking. Thereís a tiny delay for revenges to work on that base. This had to do with cheap shielding and trophy exchange exploits etc of the competitive scene.

A few more things to keep in mind when you want to come up with ideas to ďfix itĒ.
    When a player has guard or shield they should be safe from suffering attacks whether itís revenge or regular. Wouldnít it suck to think you have an active shield or guard to suddenly find heroes dead or CC used when youíre about to attack for war etc.
    They must be able to rely on shields and guards whether itís to protect loot of trophies or both.

Furthermore, taking defenses needs to be somewhat a predictable event so that if a player chooses to he or she can bring the strongest defense they have. So they make sure their defenses are loaded, heroes are on patrol a defense CC is loaded etc. of course there are lots of players who donít bother as much but it should be a possibility at least.

I will say that I wouldnít miss it If revenge wasnít an option, I almost never use it. I rather search in multiplayer because Iím more likely to find better targets with more loot then on the revenge list. Very often players are attacked by stronger opponents anyway making a revenge rather tough and it isnít worth the effort vs what an attack can bring in multiplayer. Furthermore when I spent a little time searching for a good base letís say 10 minutes then those 10 minutes of search time already goes towards the hero recovery and troop training time (assuming your second army isnít completely cooked yet). But hey thatís just my preference and I certainly understand some players donít care about that aspect and just want the feeling a good revenge gives them.

Keep in mind that just because people donít agree with your idea or point out flaws in it doesnít mean they donít understand the idea.
    Thank you -._-.