Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Changing the Revenge Button

Centennial Club

Changing the Revenge Button

Also my <BBProduct 4> is coming out soon to finish an interesting plan for a Builder Base 10 update idea.

Now about the revenge button.

Usually everyone on the list either has a shield or a guard. And it is impossible to trace the time to revenge them without having to stalk the button for several hours non-stop.

I am tired of seeing 13 shields and 3 guards (or something like that) everytime I try to revenge and I do not feel like babysitting that red button all day.

Proposal:

I suggest unprotected revenge.

Anyone still on your defense log list after a period of 4 days can be immediately revenged. (For major attackers like me, attacking 10+ times a day usually, it is fair even for us tbh even if our defense log fills up 24/7).

Just have the revenge button turn Blue or Green or something or the background tan of each log turns Pink.

Until then if you want to revenge before the 4 day timer is up then you can stalk the red button all you like.

And an unprotected revenge attack does not effect your current shield in anyway.

Wow? So what about shielding from revenge attacks?

Well, to prevent massive raids on someone's base there are Revenge Shields that last 12 hours after a revenge attack has happened and been successful.

Normal shields and Revenge shields will not effect one or the other anymore because I am tired of having to sit around and wait for the revenge button to somehow, in a lower than .001% chance, hopefully be free while I check about 8 times a day!

Supercell could even add a new tab up by the shields with a Red Shield or something to represent the revenge shielding. -._-.
    I am just tired of having to sit around and pretend like it will miraculously open for me, and for someone who checks as much as me it becomes very intimidating when a chance almost never opens up!
    Last edited by FalconBubbles; August 15th, 2020 at 07:32 PM.

Forum Elder
    I have a better solution than to sit there forever checking to see if a revenge becomes available.....forget about revenge and simply farm as per normal, you will make far more loot and easily recoup what you lost. Treat being attacked as a part of playing the game and not as a personal affront.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I have a better solution than to sit there forever checking to see if a revenge becomes available.....forget about revenge and simply farm as per normal, you will make far more loot and easily recoup what you lost. Treat being attacked as a part of playing the game and not as a personal affront.
    As said I attack at least over 6 times a day in multiplayer attacks. But I would like to be able to do revenges too. I want revenge to actually be a part of the game rather than a useless asset.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconBubbles View Post
    As said I attack at least over 6 times a day in multiplayer attacks. But I would like to be able to do revenges too. I want revenge to actually be a part of the game rather than a useless asset.
    Never go to legends then. Its not possible at all. Not even an option. Personally, I ignore it and always have. Only time I've ever used it was to give trophies back when deopping trophies. Wouldn't bother me at all to see it removed.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Superstar
    From 2 days ago. This was on 2nd page and if you use search function you can find many more that talk about how bad of an idea this is. I myself have attacked well over 100 times this season your idea means I probably can't login because I'm always being revenged.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...en-attacked%21

Pro Member
    Revenge is a rare event. To revenge someone in real life you need to catch them off guard. Same here.
    Revenge takes that perseverance you talk about, watching the account, is the guard down, is it worth it...
    Personally, I just don’t bother, sometimes I’ll click on then, maybe one pops up, maybe it’s worth hitting, maybe not.
    I don’t think revenge should become a given event.
    You do know that you don’t have to sit around and wait for a revenge, you can just attack others.
    To be honest, I think it’s time to remove the revenge attack button all together.
    That will be the easiest solution.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    From 2 days ago. This was on 2nd page and if you use search function you can find many more that talk about how bad of an idea this is. I myself have attacked well over 100 times this season your idea means I probably can't login because I'm always being revenged.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...en-attacked%21
    If you had read my whole forum I would not have to call you out for misconception. Read it all please.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Revenge is a rare event. To revenge someone in real life you need to catch them off guard. Same here.
    Revenge takes that perseverance you talk about, watching the account, is the guard down, is it worth it...
    Personally, I just don’t bother, sometimes I’ll click on then, maybe one pops up, maybe it’s worth hitting, maybe not.
    I don’t think revenge should become a given event.
    You do know that you don’t have to sit around and wait for a revenge, you can just attack others.
    To be honest, I think it’s time to remove the revenge attack button all together.
    That will be the easiest solution.
    You also did not read the forum. I attack over 6 times a day in multiplayer. And revenge was made to get payback. Although you need to catch them off guard the fact is that it never happens. Most of them are probably worth it since I am a Town Hall 10 in Champs.

It could also be removed, but I am trying to offer a solution to a useless asset before wiping it.

You also did not read the forum. I attack over 6 times a day in multiplayer. And revenge was made to get payback. Although you need to catch them off guard the fact is that it never happens. Most of them are probably worth it since I am a Town Hall 10 in Champs.

It could also be removed, but I am trying to offer a solution to a useless asset before wiping it.
    What can you get from a revenge that you can't get from any other player? You attack 6 other players a day. Bet you take maybe 3 defenses. And you're salty because you can't take revenge. Imo, not that I think its a good idea, if you are going to allow revengethrough a shield, it should open you up to attack from everyone on your defense log through your shield. Fair is fair.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10

You say you only attack 6 times a day but others who attack 20-30 times a day or so that means they will be on 20-30 people’s defense logs in one single day. At any given time such people are on a massive number of defense logs ready to be revenged according to this plan. Which means they could potentially be revenged into oblivion and sustain massive losses with no regard for shield or guard.
    So that option isn’t going to work.

Now let’s say you introduce another shield after a successful revenge like you said, then you’re basically back at square 1 when another player beats you to a revenge they’re shielded again and unavailable.

Another issue with such an idea is that it could easily be possible to revenge just after a normal defense in which case you may find heroes dead, some defenses/traps empty or triggered and CC gone. It should always be possible for the player to have an influence on the best available defense and get their defensive state in order if they wish.

So all in all this isn't going anywhere.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG