Thread: Chat Push Notifications, w/ Opt-in and easy On/Off

Chat Push Notifications, w/ Opt-in and easy On/Off

First I'll let you finish the eye rolling...I know chat push notifications sounds overwhelming.

But at times it could be very useful to opt-in to such a thing (would have to be a comprehensive opt-in process because a newbie would delete the game altogether if he/she turned on chat notifications unawares ((speaking hopefully of the future)) so maybe like a "are your sure" process like changing name):

Some growing, dying, vacation clans have low chat volume, so this would help clan members reconnect, but still maintain healthy anonymity (so, without having to rely on 3rd party social/gaming media).

On mobile devices, a lock-screen notification could keep a person in-the-know during fun conversations, even if they are not fully available, like when multi-tasking during work (:/).

Finally, when I exercise I want Siri to be reading me clan chat so i don't have to stop every half hour to catch up. Yes, clan chat can be THAT important and missing something can be heartbreaking...

Finally finally, the game is basically perfect including chat functions, I know there are many reasons to ignore this suggestion, keep up the great work and many thanks for many great years!

I’m not sure about the logistics of this, but it sure would be nice! I would even settle for a “nudge” like MSN had back in the day to get someone’s attention (i.e. requesting troops when no one is online, waiting to hear if people are ready to war, or simply wanting to hear whether people with children recommend having pets and then kids or have kids and then get pets— ya know, the important clash-related chat discussion).
    Agenda | May sound like all business, but we're a clan with personality. Join if you have one!
    (#9POPLPQ)

We are all pretty downhearted this idea didn't take off in this forum. Based on my recent travels through clans, there are a LOT of clans out there with many players but only a few actives. a feature like this would help actives stay together and pair up, and abandon their mostly dead clans to build something amazing.

Or, at a minimum, i expected major pushback and contrary opinions.

But Jenz, it's just you and me, as if we are in a bubble. Maybe we clash differently than most people? (also, check your signature, and compare it to mine, you've got a letter O where a zero should be! come on, of all people...)
    Find us at Agenda #9P(zero)P8LPQ -- but just use "0" the number. Literally MILLIONS of players have tried to join but missed out on Agenda (probably) because the zero looks like the letter O. #9P0P8LPQ is the clan missing nothing but YOUR personality.

Millennial Club
    I think most people would opt out anyway. I personally don't want someone spamming requests for troops, and I definitely don't need Siri to read them out. I just don't see a point. If you're that desperate to know what's in the chat, just keep the game open.
    Squidward>spongebob

I think my travels as of late have made me wish there were a notification when someone has requested to join your clan. On the reverse side, it’d be nice to get a notification that your request to join a clan has been approved. I don’t want to seem like a silent nothing when I join a clan, but I also don’t want to sit and stare at my phone for what could be hours before someone accepts my request.
    Agenda | May sound like all business, but we're a clan with personality. Join if you have one!
    (#9POPLPQ)

Pro Member
    Jenz, you are missing the 8 also... (and Zero or O doesn’t matter. Both find you).
    I would like some push notifications for some things, like donate request and when mine are filled... but don’t think I need a chat push. But if everything is toggle on/off then it’s no big deal.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+