Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Reason:- Super troops Cooldown?

Whatís the rationale ...

... behind 7d cooldown for Super Troops?

I get the idea behind not being able to use more than one at a time and I do think the costs are more than fair. I donít understand the cooldown period though.
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

If theres no cooldown id say bye to normal Wb and always have SWB as of now i wont even care about other super troops i use sneky during cooldown of swb if there is no cooldown i wont use sneky either

They don't want people to 'rely' on super troops to always be available ... that's what was said in a comment...

if they make it like a 3~4 day cooldown, there will be a battle here in forums, one side asking it to be permanent while the other side will ask to make it longer, I'm with the latter.

7 Day cooldown after a 7 day usage is fair enough IMO to put the game in balance. A 101% guarantee of a wall break is different with no walls being broken, 3 seconds of destroying a collector with a very low housing space sky rockets your'e farming rate. There's alot of things Super troops can break, so a 7:7 usage is good enough. The only thing I see it being unfair is you cannot cancel it, one case I was annoyed having a Super Troop is when there was an event of Inferno Drag, I was only able to upgrade the Baby when the event has only 2 days left and I only activate it for the sake of the even, I don't find it useful with my initial Q.Walk funnels., after I finished the event the Inferno Drag just keeps messing with my Queen.Walk funneling, and that's what is not fair for me, I wanted to revert back to its original counter part even if I just started it.
    Last edited by maximooze007; August 3rd, 2020 at 07:48 AM.

Banned
    There's no valid reasons behind that. The "reason" given by em is they don't people to use the same(favourite) troops again and again which is as non-sensical as it gets. Just one of those "my game, my rules" kinda situations.

On the bright side, i.e., after closing my eyes, I guess I should thank SC for not extending some similar rules to the regular troops. My 12 would die if I could attack only 5 times with edrags before a cooldown kicked in.

I think one reason could be that since the supertroops function as different troops if a cooldown is not imposed it will be used as a regular troop which will cause requests from players for game balancing etc. And having more regular troops will complicate the game to a great extent again. Therefore the best thing is to keep the super troops in a lesser recognition, as just an additional option to modify one troop occasionally.
    Old men start wars, young men fight them, and everyone in the middle gets killed. War is natural; Peace is accidental.

While the supertroop feature is a neat idea, and a good way to use up excess de, I think the periods of usage and of cooldown are both too long.
    How about introducing a 24hrs option? Or 48 or even 72? And then a corresponding cooldown of 24hrs, or 48 or whatever it is.
    I find having to use the same supertroop for 7 days is boring and then having to wait seven days is nonsensical and makes for awkward troop boosting management for events.

Th13 - le chat nu !!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRage10 View Post
    fette is always right
    Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid1985 View Post
    fette knows best

Quote Originally Posted by BigFaceGuy View Post
    There's no valid reasons behind that. The "reason" given by em is they don't people to use the same(favourite) troops again and again which is as non-sensical as it gets. Just one of those "my game, my rules" kinda situations.

On the bright side, i.e., after closing my eyes, I guess I should thank SC for not extending some similar rules to the regular troops. My 12 would die if I could attack only 5 times with edrags before a cooldown kicked in.
    That is the reason we were told and it definitely is not "non-sensical" for SC to think it is better for the game long term to get players to continue to use different supertroops instead of just ending up using only one. It also is totally sensible for you to disagree and think it would be better to let players use whatever ones they want, including just using one forever. Personally, I hope that as more are added to the game they loosen this up a bit and let us use two and/or let us use the regular troop along with the super version.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Centennial Club
    They really should get rid of the cooldown on super troops. I get it when they were first released and they wanted it to be a gimmick, but at this point it's been in the game for so long, why not make it an actual feature that people can rely on using? There's no point in putting so much developer time into balancing them if they're just going to remain a gimmick that no one can rely on using

The reason for cooldown is so that the original version of the super troops don't remain un used
    Ex-If there is no cooldown then I will be using superwallbreaker for ever thus making the wall breakers useless.