Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with trolls

Dealing with trolls

So... a new guy joined our clan and after being in our clan for a short while requested to be in a war, so I put him in. The war starts, within the first five minutes he does two 0% attacks and is kicked. Itís always a risk putting in new people, I knew this, and we have enough attacks to cover for his behaviour. However, Iíd guess that this guy jumps from clan to clan repeatedly doing this, trying to ruin peopleís gaming experience. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kornish View Post
    So... a new guy joined our clan and after being in our clan for a short while requested to be in a war, so I put him in. The war starts, within the first five minutes he does two 0% attacks and is kicked. Itís always a risk putting in new people, I knew this, and we have enough attacks to cover for his behaviour. However, Iíd guess that this guy jumps from clan to clan repeatedly doing this, trying to ruin peopleís gaming experience. Is there anything that can be done about it?
    When new members join, look them up on clash of stats. You can see patterns and that one would jump out.

Looks like you knew the risk and took the necessary precautions. It’s annoying, but I don’t think you need to do anything else.

Yes, I was thinking of some sort system that would deter the behaviour, but couldn’t think of one that couldn’t be abused. Annoying.
    Last edited by Kornish; August 11th, 2020 at 08:15 PM.

We run mixed hall wars with a wide range of THs, so usually don't put someone in the top half of a war until their "new" tag has worn off. This deters most who just want to do something like you describe.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 48/50/18 heroes
    TH12 - doug 51/58/28 heroes

Yeah, he was max but no where near the top, so we can cover. Just annoying that the guy gets away with malicious behaviour. Clash of Stats was a good shout.

Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Are you certain it was malicious, or was he just plain lousy?
    I have seen a few really lousy attacks, and while it is annoying, it is often because they have major deficits in attacking - but that is something you would only see if you took the time to watch them raiding, or if his war attack was obviously wasted (although even there I have seen some attacks where you could think it was intentional but I know it wasn't!)

He threw both attacks within five minutes, 0% both attacks, it was intentional. He had max troops.

Trolls come in all shapes and sizes, but their only intention is to cause a little friction during their short tenure within the clan..
    I guess they think they will be remembered for their exploits.. Cant imagine any other reason for such a character flaw.

You had the bases covered anyway, but easiest and best way to avoid war hoppers is to make them sit out for a while, as Puma says..
    Of course he would likely have jumped if you refused him war entry.

It is unusual for him to actually drop troops.. I guess 2x 0% attacks is to highlight the intention..
    Usually war hoppers, which is the bracket I would place him in, disappear before a troop is dropped, and often on prep day.

Educational subject in these days of tough recruitment tho Kornish.. Thx for that..
    You had the power in depth to cover his exploits.. many clans are desperate for numbers so dont have much choice..
    But it is a good reminder that putting new members straight into war is a risky business..
    And next time a newbie to ones clan jumps after being refused war entry, the leadership may just have saved the clan from being a victim of one of these clowns.

Don't take new-tagged players in wars and tell that when they request to get in war. Most of these them don't have patience to hide their true colors before tag wearing out.

Welcome
    To
    Finland -> discord.gg/84YVXyh