Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rocks and Cows is building a team

New Bloke/Chick

Rocks and Cows is building a team

This NH was formed by the top players of other hoods and quickly became a Champion League team. We are all adults who love to play, win and become Hayday friends. We believe in simple requirements.

• Must love to play, help others, and communicate derby strategies for special derbys.

• Level 50+

• Join our discord server so that you are in the know. Heavy chat not needed

• 320+ task. (Complete all your derby task with urgency. First day not required, but must be a steady player )

• Be active even once derby is over

Our players range from 51 to 206. You will have fun in this hood and always get help. Looking for long term players who want to create a strong winning neighborhood

Rocks and Cows
    #YU8Q9JJQ
    Last edited by BarknBones; 2 Days Ago at 04:58 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    Our first derby is underway as a new neighborhood, and no one is close to us. If you want to win and have fun, here is the hood for you.

New Bloke/Chick
    Come and be a winner

Hi!

First off, love NH name and your username! Can I safely assume you are a dog lover? Because if so, you've won me over!

Anyway! Myself (LVL 81) and my Mom(LVL 93) have been playing together for a number of years. We had created a NH together (Sheepy Pastures), but unfortunately over the years our main group of members has become inactive and some players have become not such good "team players". We are looking for a smaller neighborhood to grow with, as we don't plan on stopping anytime soon and it gets pretty lonely with only the 2 of us.

I would describe our hayday play style as, Casually competitive. We love Derby, and have been keeping up in Champions for a while. We do all tasks (9/18), and happily do 10th/19th diamond task if it will secure a top 3. We prefer 320/400. We are heavy town players as well. We love to help each other's towns, boats, and trucks. My mom has what I refer to as a "helping addiction", she helps her team mates even if it's her last blanket and there isn't a duck feather in sight! I enjoy keeping a decent stock of all products I can make, so I almost always have things on hand when needed.

We are looking for a group that:
    • Is on a similar time zone. We are standard mountain time here in Alberta Canada.
    • And Unfortunately, we speak only English.
    • Heavy chatters, we would love to have an out-of-HD chat going on Messenger or the like for getting to know each other and strategizing.
    • Wants to try some strategizing in Derby. (If you're interested I can go into more detail of things we'd like to implement or try)
    • Is open to quickly promoting us to at least Elder so we can trash tasks. (Either non-320s or disliked tasks agreed upon by the group). And eventually co-leaders as we would like to be trusted staples in the new hood. 😁
    • Don't hesitate to help. My pet peeve is those who constantly ask for help but never return the kindness.
    • DO NOT rush to finish all tasks on the first day. Who the heck has time for that anyway? But usually finish all tasks before the weekend, depending on how much the Derby hates us that week haha.
    • DO NOT use diamonds to finish things unless we are in a pickle. Who the heck has the finances for that?

We do have a long time HD friend (LVL 68) that may be interested in coming with us. She is always reliable to help and does all her tasks at 320. She is very open about if life is getting busy and will opt herself out of Derby as needed. As well my Dad (LVL 32) has started playing recently, and has become rather addicted. He is still very new but we would like a neighborhood that would be open to giving him a try at some point (I have no problem booting my Dad if he is slacking off hahaha).

Well that was a bit longer than I planned, and I'm sure I left some of our thoughts out, but I hope it gives you a good sense of who we are and what we are hoping to find!

Regards!

Amandaria (tag 8QRVYCQLJ) and Momma Bear

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandariaPandaria View Post
    Hi!

First off, love NH name and your username! Can I safely assume you are a dog lover? Because if so, you've won me over!

Anyway! Myself (LVL 81) and my Mom(LVL 93) have been playing together for a number of years. We had created a NH together (Sheepy Pastures), but unfortunately over the years our main group of members has become inactive and some players have become not such good "team players". We are looking for a smaller neighborhood to grow with, as we don't plan on stopping anytime soon and it gets pretty lonely with only the 2 of us.

I would describe our hayday play style as, Casually competitive. We love Derby, and have been keeping up in Champions for a while. We do all tasks (9/18), and happily do 10th/19th diamond task if it will secure a top 3. We prefer 320/400. We are heavy town players as well. We love to help each other's towns, boats, and trucks. My mom has what I refer to as a "helping addiction", she helps her team mates even if it's her last blanket and there isn't a duck feather in sight! I enjoy keeping a decent stock of all products I can make, so I almost always have things on hand when needed.

We are looking for a group that:
    • Is on a similar time zone. We are standard mountain time here in Alberta Canada.
    • And Unfortunately, we speak only English.
    • Heavy chatters, we would love to have an out-of-HD chat going on Messenger or the like for getting to know each other and strategizing.
    • Wants to try some strategizing in Derby. (If you're interested I can go into more detail of things we'd like to implement or try)
    • Is open to quickly promoting us to at least Elder so we can trash tasks. (Either non-320s or disliked tasks agreed upon by the group). And eventually co-leaders as we would like to be trusted staples in the new hood. 😁
    • Don't hesitate to help. My pet peeve is those who constantly ask for help but never return the kindness.
    • DO NOT rush to finish all tasks on the first day. Who the heck has time for that anyway? But usually finish all tasks before the weekend, depending on how much the Derby hates us that week haha.
    • DO NOT use diamonds to finish things unless we are in a pickle. Who the heck has the finances for that?

We do have a long time HD friend (LVL 68) that may be interested in coming with us. She is always reliable to help and does all her tasks at 320. She is very open about if life is getting busy and will opt herself out of Derby as needed. As well my Dad (LVL 32) has started playing recently, and has become rather addicted. He is still very new but we would like a neighborhood that would be open to giving him a try at some point (I have no problem booting my Dad if he is slacking off hahaha).

Well that was a bit longer than I planned, and I'm sure I left some of our thoughts out, but I hope it gives you a good sense of who we are and what we are hoping to find!

Regards!

Amandaria (tag 8QRVYCQLJ) and Momma Bear
    You sound like a great fit and we would welcome you. Bea does sometimes get the derby done in the first couple of days, that is not required. I prefer to finish by Thursday or Friday. We just don’t like when people still have 7 to complete on Saturday! We would accept others at a lower level if they were referred

derby strategy and communication is important. Sounds like you get it! We are on Central time, so very little time difference. Looking forward to seeing you join

Wonderful! Momma bear often does too. I usually like tasks I can do quickly or have prepared for (like specific townies) but this Derby has not been in my favor! Haha seeing someone with 7 tasks by the weekend would make me uncomfortable too, so no worries there!

Awesome. I have a few questions, if that's alright?

- What chat platform would you prefer to use? We use messenger mostly, but I could probably teach Momma Bear how to use discord if that's your preference! I am not on much social media otherwise, but I'd like an active chat to get to know each other and strategize/conveniently communicate.

- May we ask why you decided to start your own hood? Assuming you left a previous hood for some reason or another. If you don't want to share, I understand 🙂

- I received your invite! So we will finish up this Derby and join Rocks and Cows on Monday between derbies, if that's alright? Momma Bears tag is 8G9R8Q8VC

- Would you two be okay immediately promoting us to Elder on joining? Solely to be involved in keeping the task board filled with likeable 320 tasks. We understand co-leader may take a bit as you get to know us and that is fine.

Some things Momma Bear and I do currently that would be optimal if we could continue:
    - We almost never serve 2 or 3 building townies unless for a task, or an event. We often send our eggspress townies to the platform immediately, then go to each other's towns and pick up the other's now 1 building townies! Would be nice to have others involved in this too.
    - We casually "claim" tasks or ask to be saved for certain person. (E.g. I'm prepping to do the Cowboy townie task, but currently doing a boat task. Noone else will take cowboy task, unless of course they are already prepared for it), nice for preparing to do tasks quickly and trashing tasks nobody is planning to do.

Something we would like to try in Derby is for the town, each Derby member serves and keeps 1 or 2 specific townie types (e.g. 9+ cowboys and 9+ dancers) so when a specific townie task comes up- it's an easy task for the appropriate person to do. I always hoard at least 2 townie types, sometimes 3. But it's a lottery if that type shows up on the task board.

Looking forward to growing a wicked hood with you guys!

Additionally, we notify each other when goods or expansion materials are put up in our RSS so the NH members get first dibs. I often put up a lot of goods as I'm recovering coin-wise from the last few production machine purchases 😅

New Bloke/Chick
    Wonderful! Momma bear often does too. I usually like tasks I can do quickly or have prepared for (like specific townies) but this Derby has not been in my favor! Haha seeing someone with 7 tasks by the weekend would make me uncomfortable too, so no worries there!

Awesome. I have a few questions, if that's alright?

- What chat platform would you prefer to use? We use messenger mostly, but I could probably teach Momma Bear how to use discord if that's your preference! I am not on much social media otherwise, but I'd like an active chat to get to know each other and strategize/conveniently communicate.

- May we ask why you decided to start your own hood? Assuming you left a previous hood for some reason or another. If you don't want to share, I understand 🙂

- I received your invite! So we will finish up this Derby and join Rocks and Cows on Monday between derbies, if that's alright? Momma Bears tag is 8G9R8Q8VC

- Would you two be okay immediately promoting us to Elder on joining? Solely to be involved in keeping the task board filled with likeable 320 tasks. We understand co-leader may take a bit as you get to know us and that is fine.

Some things Momma Bear and I do currently that would be optimal if we could continue:
    - We almost never serve 2 or 3 building townies unless for a task, or an event. We often send our eggspress townies to the platform immediately, then go to each other's towns and pick up the other's now 1 building townies! Would be nice to have others involved in this too.
    - We casually "claim" tasks or ask to be saved for certain person. (E.g. I'm prepping to do the Cowboy townie task, but currently doing a boat task. Noone else will take cowboy task, unless of course they are already prepared for it), nice for preparing to do tasks quickly and trashing tasks nobody is planning to do.

Something we would like to try in Derby is for the town, each Derby member serves and keeps 1 or 2 specific townie types (e.g. 9+ cowboys and 9+ dancers) so when a specific townie task comes up- it's an easy task for the appropriate person to do. I always hoard at least 2 townie types, sometimes 3. But it's a lottery if that type shows up on the task board.

Looking forward to growing a wicked hood with you guys!
    i think I got each question answered 🤗

We will probably start with just using the message within hayday until we get too large. Not opposed to an external when needed. We have been on WhatsApp before.

Although we did place over half the time, we didn’t like that some players just wouldn’t strategize, plan their task or stack them. Take blossom task for example. They would take a B&B town task with none being served and take two days to complete when 4 other people had them all ready to go. That and the slow derby play. (Starting on Saturday). We do miss many of them and still help each other.

yes, will make you elder although it will be hard to beat Bea in cleaning the task board 🤣🤣

some good ideas for townies. You are free to run your town like you want. Personally I typically keep a few building ready for a task. We have all 42 full served prior to the derby. Always looking to learn new strategies.

communicating and “causally reserving” task is cool. Again, our biggest complaint before was lack of teamwork a San communicating.

New Bloke/Chick
    Additionally, we notify each other when goods or expansion materials are put up in our RSS so the NH members get first dibs. I often put up a lot of goods as I'm recovering coin-wise from the last few production machine purchases 
    Yes we like to not advertise and inform for the hood first. Usually full price. Now if a neighbor ask and needs before being out in the stand, then it can be 1 coin if you like. Again, friends help friends

Wicked!

So excited to find a like-minded group of players!

We could probably do whatsapp as well when you guys think it's needed! I like an out of HD chat as I often text Momma Bear if I'm on putting goods in rss, so would like everyone offline to get a fair shot too haha.

We look forward to our first Derby with you two!