Thread: battle machine AI issues

Trainee

battle machine AI issues

hello! i have been noticing a lot lately that my battle machine seems to be targeting crushers(well, something like that).

he will go right into the range of the crusher and than attack the building right next to it, getting killed quickly.

can you please work on this? i have some friends who have the same problem.

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    I believe it's called the Rule of Three (that is also true in the Main Village)

If I recall correctly, ALL TROOPS follow this rule and will target the closet three targets first before selecting their "next" target. This appears to be intentional and you (as a player) need to be more aware of how you drop your troops.

If this information is indeed incorrect, feel free to correct me at this time.

Trainee
    i suppose this makes sense, but if the crusher was in front of the builder hall and the battle machine was closer to the crusher, the machine would go right around the crusher and start pounding away at the builder hall while the crusher, well, crushes it.

Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    i suppose this makes sense, but if the crusher was in front of the builder hall and the battle machine was closer to the crusher, the machine would go right around the crusher and start pounding away at the builder hall while the crusher, well, crushes it.
    In a nut shell, that would be correct. That is if I'm reading the Rule correctly.

Trainee
    what is the rule?

Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post

If I recall correctly, ALL TROOPS follow this rule and will target the closet three targets first before selecting their "next" target. This appears to be intentional and you (as a player) need to be more aware of how you drop your troops.

Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    what is the rule?
    Look at what I previously quoted and that "should" be your answer. All troops follow this regardless what attacking them or not.

Its because Battle machine has the TH closer, but when it gets to it its in the range of crusher. Check replays carefully, the base builders designed some awfull bases and of course the most awfull bases to attack get trialed from weaker ones. In time a lot of traped, deceiving bases are left.

Rule of 3 is a unit picks closest 3 buildings and goes to the closest he can reach. After that one is down he picks next 3 hitting the closest, and so on.

Village in a clearing,in a magical forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post

Yes,info is correct but reality is different.
    The BM AI is absolute trash in certain attacks. Rule of three says bm would go for easily accessible target among closes three but ;
    In reality often he goes for the worst possible closest target to get access to.
    Example: I dropped BM near a gold mine out side the wall, instead of going for the gold mine he went for the close building inside the base although the entry point to the base was 20 tiles away from the gold mine I targeted and BM had to walk 40 tiles to reach the target inside.And funny stuff is actually before reaching the target he had choosen inside the base , he switched to another target at mid way and died walking 20 tiles.
    Last edited by LOVEforMOTHER; August 12th, 2020 at 06:32 AM.

Trainee
    this happens to me all the time. i have lost at least 15% of my attacks because of this