Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clan wars are useless

Fresh Spawn

Clan wars are useless

Clan wars appeared in 2014 and we got new versions of this with friendly wars and mostly the clan war league but itís busying is only one week per months. So during three other weeks, we only have clan wars and there wasnít have any major changes since their creation. Controversially to the league, a war doesnít bring a spirit of competition, firstly because league means rank, and also because rewards are more interesting. Also clans lvl 10+ donít need xp for advantage. Regarding rewards, you can only have at most around 1M of each resources, that isnít enough when we know what we can win in multi games. So players donít give as much as they can to win a war excluding the leader or co-leaders. To make them more attractive I suggest to create a system of rewards which grows up depending on results of clan wars of the month, a little bit like the clan games. Obviously, I donít ask to have crazy rewards, but something which give more importance to every wars. Rewards would be lower than clan games ones. This system will require at least 2 wars a week and rewardsí bearings would depend on wins/loses, stars and percentage, which is also a positive aspect for complete clans (because they would have more stars). The rewards would must available in function of the player (if he missed attacks, etc) or rewards would must be shared by leader/co-leaders, ones which are able to tell which player is deserving a good reward or not, and we wouldnít be able to give the best to everyone (for example, the leader decides to give 15% of final rewards to a player, 10% to 3 other players and balance the rest of rewards to the rest of the members because they didnít be absolutely necessary). This decide of the reward can regard only a part of, not the totality.
    With attractive rewards and the sharing of these ones which is decided by leaders, would make people to invest as more as they can their capacities and give more ingesting wars, and moreover, make wars more important, because rewards depend of each war, as the league. In fact, currently, people donít give importance to this: they find it useless as it always the same since their appearance and reward
    Last edited by M4th13u; August 11th, 2020 at 11:49 AM.

Yeah
    it will make clan wars interesting

I agree that something needs to be changed

Traditional Clan Wars are not competitive. In the competitive world, they are the equivalent of "friendlies" and "scrimmages". There simply is no competitive ladder built into the system. The "matching by weight" system negates a competitive ladder; a "matching by past performance" would make more sense. Then there are "self matching", "FWA", "Orange League", "Engineering", etc. which negates competitiveness.

If war streaks and win percentages are to be rewarded, then I believe the entire Traditional War system has to be revamped to make it competitive, as opposed to manipulative.

Millennial Club
    You say clan wars are pointless because there is no incentive, and you're partially right. There is no incentive, but they're not pointless. Clan wars aren't designed to be competitive, unlike CWL, but they provide a good source of practice for CWL.
    Squidward>spongebob

They also help with Clan Games, monthly challenges and leveling your clan to get those lovely Perks!! Yes they have gotten mostly pointless but they still have their use.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    You say clan wars are pointless because there is no incentive, and you're partially right. There is no incentive, but they're not pointless. Clan wars aren't designed to be competitive, unlike CWL, but they provide a good source of practice for CWL.
    Yes, but because theyíre not incentives, players donít fight for them, and itís this fight that I mean by competition.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Traditional Clan Wars are not competitive. In the competitive world, they are the equivalent of "friendlies" and "scrimmages". There simply is no competitive ladder built into the system. The "matching by weight" system negates a competitive ladder; a "matching by past performance" would make more sense. Then there are "self matching", "FWA", "Orange League", "Engineering", etc. which negates competitiveness.

If war streaks and win percentages are to be rewarded, then I believe the entire Traditional War system has to be revamped to make it competitive, as opposed to manipulative.
    Yeah, I agree with you but I meant that players donít give interest to clan wars, because there isnít great rewards and also there isnít a real necessity to win in contrary to CLW. Itís why players just do their attacks like a multi one as theyíre not focus on. So itís excluding every interest of CW because the major interest of this is to play as a team, what people donít do currently. This is why it needs something which bring a spirit of competition/something which people is more looking for and want to win (nowadays, people donít care if we are winning or not), not to make them competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by M4th13u View Post
    Yes, but because theyíre not incentives, players donít fight for them, and itís this fight that I mean by competition.
    Clan wars is for casual players,if you want competition participate in CWL

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by M4th13u View Post
    Yes, but because they’re not incentives, players don’t fight for them, and it’s this fight that I mean by competition.
    Then challenge yourself and start a new clan with a bunch of your bored players. See how long it takes getting to level 10.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; August 11th, 2020 at 03:45 PM.