Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why a cooldown on hammer of heroes?

Centennial Club

Why a cooldown on hammer of heroes?

I'm returning to the game after a year now and I don't know when the cooldown was introduced for hammer of heroes or whether it has been there since the beginning but I really felt like it is unjustified since you're already giving up a week's hero upgrade time during CWL (as you need your heroes to attack effectively).

Can someone point out justification for this cooldown please?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    It has been there from the beginning, on all hammers, not just the hammer of heroes.

It is there because SC don't want you to just be able to instantly upgrade your heroes (or buildings, or troops) through multiple levels at once by hoarding your medals then buying multiple hero hammers when you move to a new TH.

From October 2018 till June is 2019 there was no cooldown, but it was introduced to slow progression and stop players from simply hoarding Medals and Hammering everything after an update.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    From October 2018 till June is 2019 there was no cooldown, but it was introduced to slow progression and stop players from simply hoarding Medals and Hammering everything after an update.
    This is correct.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Centennial Club
    i hope i could get enough medals that cooldown could effect me

Centennial Club
    I understand that the game is run by players who pay and implementing this probably had an impact on SC's revenue but I'd just like to point out that league medals are hard to earn as it is. This is just truly saddening as a F2P player (I do get season passes though).

Quote Originally Posted by Bhargav97 View Post
    I understand that the game is run by players who pay and implementing this probably had an impact on SC's revenue but I'd just like to point out that league medals are hard to earn as it is. This is just truly saddening as a F2P player (I do get season passes though).
    Why is it saddening? It's not like you're overflowing on medals from month to month.

Look at it from a mathematical standpoint. Even a clan that finishes first place in Champs 1 will get 508 medals and could buy 3 hammers of heroes with those medals. Under the cooldown system that is now in place they'd have to wait 2 weeks to spend all of the medals on hammers of heroes. So now matter what they're still able to spend all of their medals before the next season starts. Is it really that saddening to have to wait 2 weeks instead of buying them all at once?
    | BK 74 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 20 |

Quote Originally Posted by Bhargav97 View Post
    To give you an example. I'm maxed 13 on my main in masters 3. We just got 304 medals for our 2nd place finish. I bought 2 hammers. Next month 2 more with medals left over. I expect to have quite the stash before th14 comes out. Without the cool down, i could potentially have the ability to do 10 or more hero upgrades in an instant. It has nothing to do with f2p vs paying.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    To give you an example. I'm maxed 13 on my main in masters 3. We just got 304 medals for our 2nd place finish. I bought 2 hammers. Next month 2 more with medals left over. I expect to have quite the stash before th14 comes out. Without the cool down, i could potentially have the ability to do 10 or more hero upgrades in an instant. It has nothing to do with f2p vs paying.
    That sums it up. My base is maxed as well, and I play champions 3. Before next update I can have full medals, as well as 1 of each in stock. That would mean a new update would be almost instantly finished, as I also have a book of each, and full resources.

Furthermore, no one buying the seasons pass is free to play. There is no shame in buying it (I haven't missed a single pass so far) but it makes you a paying customer. Free to play means no spending.

That said, there are plenty free to play players in the same situation as Piper and myself. Supercell simply does not want us to hammer/book through an update within a day, and I think that's a good choice.

They implemented the cooldown months after the release of hammers because people were able to upgrade through multis at once

its really no big deal and spreads out your hammers - does not bother folks in my clan

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It has been there from the beginning, on all hammers, not just the hammer of heroes.

It is there because SC don't want you to just be able to instantly upgrade your heroes (or buildings, or troops) through multiple levels at once by hoarding your medals then buying multiple hero hammers when you move to a new TH.

Justice - Leader of Lethal Demise #9QJJU9J8
    Level 23!!!

Click Here to join the Lethal Family of Clans