Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why a cooldown on hammer of heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    It has nothing to do with f2p vs paying.
    If the players can max out instantly using these hammers, they would buy less gems to gem the upgrades instantly. That would mean less revenue for SC. So obviously, they restricted the usage of medals.
    Thank you,TerMinus Prime(TP) for this signature!

Because imagine when a new update comes, maxed players spend all their stockpiled medals immediately and maximise their stuff right away without spending a dime.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    If the players can max out instantly using these hammers, they would buy less gems to gem the upgrades instantly. That would mean less revenue for SC. So obviously, they restricted the usage of medals.
    It actually has nothing to do with spending money and is actually about players speeding through everything and then feeling like there's nothing left to do.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Obviously.............

The cooldown is on buying same hammer and not on different hammers ,so I have no problem with this

Quote Originally Posted by Bhargav97 View Post
    I understand that the game is run by players who pay and implementing this probably had an impact on SC's revenue but I'd just like to point out that league medals are hard to earn as it is. This is just truly saddening as a F2P player (I do get season passes though).
    LOL, then you're F2P as much as my mini is max (except for walls, lab, heroes, and defenses).

This has nothing to do with F2P or not F2P though - there's no way to buy medals or hammers.

I agree that medals are hard to earn - especially if, like me, your clan is in gold league. I get enough each month for one hammer - they go into heroes, and once those are done on a given level, they go into the lab. So, they are hard to earn, and, hard enough that this cooldown generally doesn't affect me (I've never gotten to the point where I can hoard medals).

Conversely, higher up the ranks medals are easier to come by. But even in Champs 1, max medals with bonus get you 564 medals a month. This is enough to get you 3 books of heroes (4 every other month if that's all you buy). So, even with the cooldown, you will be able to spend all your medals in a month.

If you're hoarding medals because you're maxed, then yes, this means you can't max your heroes on day one of a new update. This is the intent of the cooldown.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

Forum Superstar
    Without the cooldown, i could have hammered all 10 levels of my king and queen after the last update since my TH13 is (was) maxed at the update. And i've saved up the medals to do so. As Darian stated, it's in the games best interest to not let things like that happen, which would have happened on a large scale i'm sure.
    Last edited by JamesHowlet; August 11th, 2020 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It actually has nothing to do with spending money and is actually about players speeding through everything and then feeling like there's nothing left to do.
    And those two things are not related at all!

The cool down doesn't slow your progression in the long term, since you will still be able to spend more medals than you earn. It just forces you to distribute that spending to 4 hammers/week.
    It will take a few weeks to spend all those medals you may have stocked, but mathematically, after a couple of months you will be at the same progression point as if you had spent everything at the first day of a given update.
    Here goes a real life exemple:
    $2,500,00 will buy you in one day the same amount of beer than $500,00/week for 5 weeks. The difference is that life is better if you chose the second option. Trust me 😂
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; August 11th, 2020 at 06:47 PM.

Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    That said, there are plenty free to play players in the same situation as Piper and myself. Supercell simply does not want us to hammer/book through an update within a day, and I think that's a good choice.
    I agree. I am nearly maxed (only 9 hero levels, some troops, 10 walls and waiting on the last buildings to finish), and then I will be waiting for the last 100 walls. I occasionally use hammers when I need to get something finished (mainly only heroes) but not often, because I see no point in being finished too quickly. Part of the fun of the game is working to get resources and progressing over time.

Progressing too quickly only means sitting around wondering what else to do. So I am glad that it is not even easier. And I am f2p (no season pass, bought gems or ...), so it is possible.