Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why a cooldown on hammer of heroes?

If they are giving 7 day cool down for hammer they should provide unlimited storage for medals

I agree with thw thought of supercell about the cooldown but 7 day is still too much maybe they can reduce that to ,3 days -5 days

Quote Originally Posted by rahultarafdar View Post
    I agree with thw thought of supercell about the cooldown but 7 day is still too much maybe they can reduce that to ,3 days -5 days
    Agree thats good idea

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhargav97 View Post
    I understand that the game is run by players who pay and implementing this probably had an impact on SC's revenue but I'd just like to point out that league medals are hard to earn as it is. This is just truly saddening as a F2P player (I do get season passes though).
    If you do understand that, why even ask? They "sell" time, my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by rahultarafdar View Post
    Why is it too much?
    | BK 73 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 20 |

Centennial Club
    But if you have medals enough to max all your heroes after a new th update or new hero levels then noone will buy runes or book of heroes for their heroes and gold pass also untill they want the skin or have other upgrades to do and they won't even start a hero upgrade if they have hammer which still puts them in a position to wonder what to do next so cool down on hammer of heroes when most of hero upgrades are of 1 week or 8 days , 1 more day or same as cool down period makes no sense to me
    Last edited by Veznan; August 12th, 2020 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Why is it too much?
    It restricts the usage to twice a month. One week of practice, one week of CWL.

Early success with a popular supertroop, in combination with the 7 day cooldown, will likely discourage players to venture out and "try" super troops they aren't comfortable with.

I would gladly welcome a reduction to the cooldown timer. Sometimes it feels as if you're stuck with one....painfully missing another.

Edit: Wow, my post was in reference to super troops timer. Not sure how I did that.
    Last edited by KingDMan; August 12th, 2020 at 04:58 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It actually has nothing to do with spending money and is actually about players speeding through everything and then feeling like there's nothing left to do.
    Thank you for reverting Darian.

I don't think most CoC players would feel like "oh dang I'm maxed there's nothing to do anymore", instead I feel that's when the real strategy game starts. You get to play with and against maxed out offence and defense and become better at strategy with practice.

If someone has worked hard to earn their medals why stop them from using it the way they want?

Somebody gave an example of $2500 worth beer at once or $500 worth beer every week which is kind of in line with your argument Darian but at the same time this example also brings out a fallacy in the analogy. I'm not going to throw up and go numb if I max my heroes sooner, instead I'd be more active as I'll be honing my attack skills.

Sorry to disagree Darian but only the revenue implication argument makes sense here. If it is really not the case, I urge you to reconsider this cooldown.
    Last edited by Bhargav97; August 12th, 2020 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhargav97 View Post
    Thank you for reverting Darian.

I don't think most CoC players would feel like "oh dang I'm maxed there's nothing to do anymore", instead I feel that's when the real strategy game starts. You get to play with and against maxed out offence and defense and become better at strategy with practice.

If someone has worked hard to earn their medals why stop them from using it the way they want?

Somebody gave an example of $2500 worth beer at once or $500 worth beer every week which is kind of in line with your argument Darian but at the same time this example also brings out a fallacy in the analogy. I'm not going to throw up and go numb if I max my heroes sooner, instead I'd be more active as I'll be honing my attack skills.

Sorry to disagree Darian but only the revenue implication argument makes sense here. If it is really not the case, I urge you to reconsider this cooldown.
    Agreed and on the point post. I don't know why people think that if i max my defence than i will leave the game. I play this game because of war. I will improve my attacking skill if i get max.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    From October 2018 till June is 2019 there was no cooldown, but it was introduced to slow progression and stop players from simply hoarding Medals and Hammering everything after an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is correct.
    This was at the very beginning and is an official answer.

Why is this still being debated? lol

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!