Thread: About emojis in clan chat

Fresh Spawn

About emojis in clan chat

In clan chat some emojis like this🥺🤫 did not showed in chat it happens with all players whats the reason behind that and this is not only two emojis many others which did not show

I think its different devices support different emojis
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Fresh Spawn
    I have redmi note 9 pro what about that

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I think its different devices support different emojis
    No i think it is something related to game not on device as literally no one can use some emojis.
    Also if you see 🙄😌😵 and many more emojis are shown in a different way in chat. I think game converts these emojis into the stored data. And those which are not stored as OP mentioned are not shown.

Forum Superstar
    It's the difference between Apple and Android.

You are using your devices emojis not SC's so if your device doesn't have an emoji that I use then you cannot see it.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; August 11th, 2020 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    It's the difference between Apple and Android.

You are using your devices emojis not SC's so if your device doesn't have an emoji that I use then you cannot see it.
    No i tried it with different devices and same emojis still we can't see them. It is something related to game that they can't show all of them.
    As i said earlier if you look closely, emojis are modified in chat than what we actually send.
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; August 11th, 2020 at 10:48 AM.

What we know ....

1) Supercell uses their own font sets. (Darian recently noted that, will update with link if I can find it *1).

2) Developers tend to use different font sets for Apple and Android (https://designli.co/blog/differences...p-development/).

3) A developer cannot simply reuse many fonts, symbols, or emojis "as is" since they are copyrighted https://lizerbramlaw.com/2016/05/17/...ted-copyright/.

(*1) Found it: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12627142

Remember, we are talking about commercial endeavors here, with big money at stake, in a world full of lawyers whom would be more than happy to file an infringement case if the pockets are "deep enough". As we know, Supercell has deep pockets, which makes them a big target!

So I suspect that a Supercell defined font is used for chat, that those font sets differ for Android and Apple, and yes there are subtle changes to particular symbols to avoid copyright infringements.
    Last edited by rowman; August 11th, 2020 at 12:23 PM.