Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Who owns the game Clash of Clans?

Centennial Club

Who owns the game Clash of Clans?

No doubt that Clash of clans has been created by Supercell (the original team). But who owns it now after the 8 billion deal? Is the ownership still with Supercell? Or has it gone to Tencent?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    All of Supercell's games, Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, Brawl Stars, Hay Day/Hay Day Pop, Boom Beach, Rush Wars, and all other games we've ever designed are all intellectual properties of Supercell.

It's quite common for companies to have a parent corporation. In some instances this is to reach markets normally inaccessible without assistance from the parent company. In others, it could be for access to publishing distribution networks that the parent company might specialize in. Or sometimes, the parent company can inject some financial capital to help boost a company's productivity and invest into its future. Whatever the reason, having a parent company is not unusual nor is it a bad thing.

You'd be surprised how many of your favorite brands of foods, cars, clothes, household products, etc. are all subsidiaries of other larger parent companies.

When you watch the Avengers films, is it called Disney's Avengers or Marvel's Avengers? If you bought a Chevy Corvette sportscar, is it called a General Motors Corvette or a Chevy Corvette?

Supercell is the developer of Clash of Clans so I'm not sure why it would be "owned" by anyone else. When you start up the game, whose logo do you see? I'm pretty sure that's a Supercell logo there.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    All of Supercell's games, Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, Brawl Stars, Hay Day/Hay Day Pop, Boom Beach, Rush Wars, and all other games we've ever designed are all intellectual properties of Supercell.

It's quite common for companies to have a parent corporation. In some instances this is to reach markets normally inaccessible without assistance from the parent company. In others, it could be for access to publishing distribution networks that the parent company might specialize in. Or sometimes, the parent company can inject some financial capital to help boost a company's productivity and invest into its future. Whatever the reason, having a parent company is not unusual nor is it a bad thing.

You'd be surprised how many of your favorite brands of foods, cars, clothes, household products, etc. are all subsidiaries of other larger parent companies.

When you watch the Avengers films, is it called Disney's Avengers or Marvel's Avengers? If you bought a Chevy Corvette sportscar, is it called a General Motors Corvette or a Chevy Corvette?

Supercell is the developer of Clash of Clans so I'm not sure why it would be "owned" by anyone else. When you start up the game, whose logo do you see? I'm pretty sure that's a Supercell logo there.
    That pretty much sums up the question asked. I hope you got a clear explanation about your question now, Rock.
    Last edited by Shivank380; August 10th, 2020 at 11:37 AM.

Centennial Club
    Thanks, Darian for a detailed answer. I just wanted to know that if I (which I usually do) make in-app purchases, where do my expenses go. I'm more than happy to expend it on Supercell.

Quote Originally Posted by RocktheWorld View Post
    Thanks, Darian for a detailed answer. I just wanted to know that if I (which I usually do) make in-app purchases, where do my expenses go. I'm more than happy to expend it on Supercell.
    Depends on the stakes owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post

This sounds like a long explanation to justify something that was not really asked by OP.
    Your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS
    ===>More info on the official thread<===

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakat View Post
    This sounds like a long explanation to justify something that was not really asked by OP.
    Without knowing what the intention of the OP's question was, I just wanted to make sure all the bases were covered in case the discussion had the potential to spiral into a direction we don't want it to go.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

I'm pretty sure there is a Goblin King behind all those wizard corporations profiting with super troop research and dark elixir. All the gold goes to him in the end, and he spends everything in roasted hogs and elixir cream.

Not op but my concern with Tencent being the parent company of Supercell is President Trump's executive order regarding Tencent transactions in the US. Starting Sept 20 will we as US based players be able play the game and/or purchase gold passes, gems, etc from Supercell/Tencent?

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsoso View Post
    Not op but my concern with Tencent being the parent company of Supercell is President Trump's executive order regarding Tencent transactions in the US. Starting Sept 20 will we as US based players be able play the game and/or purchase gold passes, gems, etc from Supercell/Tencent?
    On General Discussion second page: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...lash-in-the-US