Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Inactive leader removal

Inactive leader removal

there should be an ability for removal of an inactive clan leader. I.e someone challenges for leadership. The leader has 24 hours to accept challenge. Failure to accept removes the leader. If accepted then its a clan vote. Highest number of votes gets leadership. The 3 month inactive rule is not good. I am in an active clan but the leader comes on once every 3 months just to stay leader. Doesnt play, doesnt contribute and members are unhappy. Major flaw in the game.
    Make it a democracy not a dictatorship

Quote Originally Posted by robrobson View Post
    .... Make it a democracy not a dictatorship
    In many countries, one cannot simply migrate to another country at will. So neither a dictatorship nor democracy model apply to clans, since anyone, at any time, for any reason, can leave a clan.

Rather equate it to enterprises. A person starts a privately owned business (clan) and hires on workers (members). The workers over time increase the company revenue. Regardless of how many years they have invested, it is the owner, not the workers, whom controls the company. If the owner is inept, the employees can quit, but they surely cannot take the company via vote nor any other means. (If it was a public company they could via majority shareholder vote, but not a private company).

It stinks for sure when you invest time help building a clan only to have the Leader go missing in action. I understand that. Has anyone said anything to the Leader? If the majority of the clan feels the way you do, then speak up, you have little to lose. Tell them to either be active, or turn the clan over to another. If they fail to do so, leave. If you say nor do nothing, you are then enabling them.
    Last edited by rowman; August 9th, 2020 at 07:12 PM.

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    In many countries, one cannot simply migrate to another country at will. So neither a dictatorship nor democracy model apply to clans, since anyone, at any time, for any reason, can leave a clan.

Rather equate it to enterprises. A person starts a privately owned business (clan) and hires on workers (members). The workers over time increase the company revenue. Regardless of how many years they have invested, it is the owner, not the workers, whom controls the company. If the owner is inept, the employees can quit, but they surely cannot take the company via vote nor any other means. (If it was a public company they could via majority shareholder vote, but not a private company).

It stinks for sure when you invest time help building a clan only to have the Leader go missing in action. I understand that. Has anyone said anything to the Leader? If the majority of the clan feels the way you do, then speak up, you have little to lose. Tell them to either be active, or turn the clan over to another. If they fail to do so, leave. If you say nor do nothing, you are then enabling them.
    To add another scenario to this "idea:" This is just another way to "highjack" a Clan then completely destroy it by kicking everyone out and doing it again, again, again, etc.

Do you (TC) see just one of the many reasons behind your "proposed" idea? Yes, there are some who will not do this, BUT(!!!!!!!!!!!!) there are those who will do what I, and others, have mentioned in the past.

Forum Superstar
    If your leader is truly doing this then I would gather all the active players and move on. There are many clan who would take you.

Check out this area.
    https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...-For-Clanmates
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; August 9th, 2020 at 07:25 PM.

there should be an ability for removal of an inactive clan leader. I.e someone challenges for leadership. The leader has 24 hours to accept challenge. Failure to accept removes the leader. If accepted then its a clan vote. Highest number of votes gets leadership. The 3 month inactive rule is not good. I am in an active clan but the leader comes on once every 3 months just to stay leader. Doesnt play, doesnt contribute and members are unhappy. Major flaw in the game.
    24 hours? Are you joking? That's not a democracy, that's a hostile takeover. That's nothing short of a coup.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; August 9th, 2020 at 07:27 PM.
    | BK 74 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 20 |

Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    To add another scenario to this "idea:" This is just another way to "highjack" a Clan then completely destroy it by kicking everyone out and doing it again, again, again, etc.

Do you (TC) see just one of the many reasons behind your "proposed" idea? Yes, there are some who will not do this, BUT(!!!!!!!!!!!!) there are those who will do what I, and others, have mentioned in the past.
    Also, there's nefarious people out there who would hijack a dead clan then sell it for real money on third party websites.
    | BK 74 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 20 |

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    As others mentioned the abuse possibilities are endless with such a system.

Besides there is a system in place which replaces the leader after a period of time of total inactivity and if a clan otherwise still works you could probably wait for that system to kick in. If you’re just a handful of active players left, save yourself the trouble and move to another clan collectively.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Forum Superstar

Negotiate with the Leader to promote you to Co-Leader, or leave.

The clan is active? Are there active Co-Leaders? What is the actual problem?