Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CWL is Broken for Younger Clans

CWL is Broken for Younger Clans

Placed outrageously high in Gold 3 in our first CWL. Half the Clans are sandbagging and the other half we can't make a dent even in their 15. Most members of the other Clans haven't even leveled up for the season, they're simply war constantly. After the few stars we get against the sandbaggers, they make sure they tie the stars so we can't get the war win. At this rate, we'll be in Gold 3 for the next year. So we're just going to sandbag for the next 3 or 4 CWLs. It's a shame we have to play this way but we have no other choice. And don't tell me to read through the forums, build better bases, recruit stronger players, it's all ♥♥ when other Clans are exploiting this feature the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerClown View Post
    Placed outrageously high in Gold 3 in our first CWL. Half the Clans are sandbagging and the other half we can't make a dent even in their 15. Most members of the other Clans haven't even leveled up for the season, they're simply war constantly. After the few stars we get against the sandbaggers, they make sure they tie the stars so we can't get the war win. At this rate, we'll be in Gold 3 for the next year. So we're just going to sandbag for the next 3 or 4 CWLs. It's a shame we have to play this way but we have no other choice. And don't tell me to read through the forums, build better bases, recruit stronger players, it's all ♥♥ when other Clans are exploiting this feature the way they are.
    I do agree the initial seeding/placement needs to be adjusted to reflect the average weight of the various leagues now. That said, what is your goal? Is your goal to push as high as possible? Why lose on purpose to go lower only to then have the goal to push back up to where you were already at?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I do agree the initial seeding/placement needs to be adjusted to reflect the average weight of the various leagues now. That said, what is your goal? Is your goal to push as high as possible? Why lose on purpose to go lower only to then have the goal to push back up to where you were already at?
    Our goal is to get medals, as it is now, half our clan are lucky to get a few stars. Even if it was to push as high as possible, we're not moving up OR down since all the other Clans in the war can move up or especially down almost at will by sandbagging. Having to play, but not play, just to eventually play and compete is ludacris and supercell should fix it.

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerClown View Post
    Our goal is to get medals, as it is now, half our clan are lucky to get a few stars. Even if it was to push as high as possible, we're not moving up OR down since all the other Clans in the war can move up or especially down almost at will by sandbagging. Having to play, but not play, just to eventually play and compete is ludacris and supercell should fix it.
    This, very sadly, sounds normal and that's human nature. Even my Clan is "having" problems with others sandbagging the Leagues. You'll sadly have to roll with the punches and hope that next month's CWL is up to your expectations. Our goal is to move as high as possible but that's not possible with others have the opposite idea of how CWL "should" play out.

Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    This, very sadly, sounds normal and that's human nature. Even my Clan is "having" problems with others sandbagging the Leagues. You'll sadly have to roll with the punches and hope that next month's CWL is up to your expectations. Our goal is to move as high as possible but that's not possible with others have the opposite idea of how CWL "should" play out.
    Thanks for your comments. Continued good luck to you in CofC.

Forum Superstar
    Also don't forget by next cwl your clan will have gotten stronger.

As 2222, and yourself say, initial seeding seems to be out of whack.
    The idea is to fast track a new seed to the tier that weight for weight should prevent them having to play out possibly several seasons in order to get to where they will find best fit..
    Seems reasonable, until realisation hits home that others have gained significant weight since the figures were adjusted.

Is a biggie, but if you never played cwl before at another clan..
    The system is unweighted, so any breakdown can be found in any mid and low tier..
    The way it works up until crystal 1, is that the 2 clans that score most stars move up, and the bottom 2 clans move down a tier..
    So no matter what tier you are in, you could be facing a massive hall deficit, as there are many heavy clans that dont have much war day activity, and without those attacks they arent scoring stars, thus they get demoted.

So from a player/clan perspective, if you want "fair" and "equal" matches, then you need to be heavy, and you need to be good..
    Masters is where the better match ups start, as they are all big, and they are all good..
    Until then, only advice one can give is to try for your 8 stars..
    Mid and low tiers is a minefield of inactive, oddball rosters, mixed in with those that would want better, but for whatever their reasons cant break free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Also don't forget by next cwl your clan will have gotten stronger.
    Not by anywhere near enough to compete effectively in Gold 3.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    As 2222, and yourself say, initial seeding seems to be out of whack.
    The idea is to fast track a new seed to the tier that weight for weight should prevent them having to play out possibly several seasons in order to get to where they will find best fit..
    Seems reasonable, until realisation hits home that others have gained significant weight since the figures were adjusted.

Is a biggie, but if you never played cwl before at another clan..
    The system is unweighted, so any breakdown can be found in any mid and low tier..
    The way it works up until crystal 1, is that the 2 clans that score most stars move up, and the bottom 2 clans move down a tier..
    So no matter what tier you are in, you could be facing a massive hall deficit, as there are many heavy clans that dont have much war day activity, and without those attacks they arent scoring stars, thus they get demoted.

So from a player/clan perspective, if you want "fair" and "equal" matches, then you need to be heavy, and you need to be good..
    Masters is where the better match ups start, as they are all big, and they are all good..
    Until then, only advice one can give is to try for your 8 stars..
    Mid and low tiers is a minefield of inactive, oddball rosters, mixed in with those that would want better, but for whatever their reasons cant break free.
    I fully understand how CWL works, have been in CWLs before but not in the initial seeding in the Clans I've been in. Lots of if's and no solutions. Get 8 stars is obvious. When it's impossible for more than half the clan to get over 5, that's not a solution.

Can we get a breakdown of your roster and perchance the rosters for those you can't make a dent in?

Th levels, hero levels etc