Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CWL is Broken for Younger Clans

Quote Originally Posted by KillerClown View Post
    I fully understand how CWL works, have been in CWLs before but not in the initial seeding in the Clans I've been in. Lots of if's and no solutions. Get 8 stars is obvious. When it's impossible for more than half the clan to get over 5, that's not a solution.
    There arent a lot of if's mate. Just is's.

Are you hitting with the top 15 or 30 you enlisted?
    Are the mismatches due to hall differential, or skill?
    Is your clan using up their hits each day?
    What is your solution proposal to make cwl entry more acceptable?

Clan tag would be nice, in order for others to be better educated as to the state of initial seeding currently

I posted a suggestion for how SC could auto adjust the initial seeding in the ideas and feature requests.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nitial-seeding
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    Can we get a breakdown of your roster and perchance the rosters for those you can't make a dent in?

Th levels, hero levels etc
    Second this question. We're holding solid close to second in gold 3 and had to sandbag not to promote last season with this lineup:
    0 13
    1 dead 12
    0 11
    0 10
    3 9
    4 8
    3 7
    4 6
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; August 9th, 2020 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerClown View Post
    Our goal is to get medals, as it is now, half our clan are lucky to get a few stars. Even if it was to push as high as possible, we're not moving up OR down since all the other Clans in the war can move up or especially down almost at will by sandbagging. Having to play, but not play, just to eventually play and compete is ludacris and supercell should fix it.
    You can do well getting medals higher up. Are you saying your players can't get 8 stars all week? My th11 had no trouble getting 8 stars this week against max th13s. What type of attacks are you doing and what is your strategy?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Second this question. We're holding solid close to second in gold 3 and had to sandbag not to promote last season with this lineup:
    0 13
    1 dead 12
    0 11
    0 10
    3 9
    4 8
    3 7
    4 6
    What? You are second in G3 with that lineup?In S1, the lineup of my clan was 4TH12, 2TH11, 2TH10 and 22 perma-maxed out Townhall 9s. Still, my clan is just second, even after scoring 70+ stars every war. Also, the levels of all the opponents were comparable to my clan and werent easy either.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; August 10th, 2020 at 03:03 AM.
    Leader, Grand Synergy(#2Y9ULYRGY)

Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    What? You are second in G3 with that lineup?In S1, the lineup of my clan was 4TH12, 2TH11, 2TH10 and 22 perma-maxed out Townhall 9s. Still, my clan is just second, even after scoring 70+ stars every war. Also, the levels of all the opponents were comparable to my clan and werent easy either.
    Was a while ago now.. Well over 6 months I think..
    But i skipped thru G2 with a roster although bigger than Puma, was nowhere near you line up doing 15v war size.
    I found all i had to do was turn up each day and was not a problem, due to the inactivity of the opposition.

Of course luck of the draw plays a huge part in ones fortunes at these levels..
    But my problems never started till G1 where the opposition tended to show up.
    Even then I held my place as there were at least 2 clans that were determined to demote..
    Why they do that, i cant understand, but hey ho, it kept me artificially higher till I mothballed the clan.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Was a while ago now.. Well over 6 months I think..
    But i skipped thru G2 with a roster although bigger than Puma, was nowhere near you line up doing 15v war size.
    I found all i had to do was turn up each day and was not a problem, due to the inactivity of the opposition.

Of course luck of the draw plays a huge part in ones fortunes at these levels..
    But my problems never started till G1 where the opposition tended to show up.
    Even then I held my place as there were at least 2 clans that were determined to demote..
    Why they do that, i cant understand, but hey ho, it kept me artificially higher till I mothballed the clan.
    👍🏻I couldn't believe that his clan had done it with this lineup. Either, they must be really lucky or really good attackers. We rarely saw anything less than a Townhall 9 in S1. But as you told, in the end it all comes down to the other seven clans that you are matched with.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; August 10th, 2020 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    I couldn't believe that his clan had done it with this lineup. Either, they must be really lucky or really good attackers. We rarely saw anything less than a Townhall 9 in S1. But as you told, in the end it all comes down to the other seven clans that you are matched with.
    Yep. No matchmaker. No magic..
    i had a rushed 13, couple of young 11s, couple of 10s, rest 9s and 8s.. Obviously a little variation from season to season, but not lots of growth, as my accounts were always slow cook for regular war.
    I was mistaken about skipping straight thru too, it took 3 attempts.. Have opened up a parked account to check the log.

Started in Silver 2, which is higher than I thought too, but finished 1st, then 1st in S1, 1st in G3, 4th 4th then 2nd in G2, then 6th 4th 4th 3rd in G1..
    But activity is as important as size or skill in these tiers..
    The oppo may be bigger, but they tend to move slower.

I don't think sandbagging is the problem (it's a problem, but not the biggest one) - sandbagging just ensures you get less medals. It might help if you can't handle losing half your wars, as this is how a balanced ladder system will work for most clans.

I do think there's a problem with the weight of the top leagues pressing down on the lower leagues. As 2222 mentioned, all the leagues are heavier than they were when CWL was first started, and the initial seeding hasn't been modified to account for that. I think the initial seeding is a symptom though, not the true problem.

When 30v30 CWL first started, you could get away with running TH6/7s at the bottom in gold league. Now, you need to be running mostly 10s and up with maybe a couple of 9s or an 8 at the bottom. So, now those clans are in silver league, but as more gold clans get demoted and the the ones in silver get stronger eventually this will be the case there as well. Eventually, unchecked the midlevel clans will eat bronze too.

So what are new clans going to do at this point? Someone starting a clan that runs mostly TH4-TH8 will have no viable chance in CWL. At the best, it would be discouraging. How does those clans then grow?

I think part of the solution is to start to open up Titan league for CWL. Demote fewer clans from the champs leagues for a few months, then let some start to trickle into titans. Then, a dynamic initial seeding process can put plans from anywhere on the board (except titans), and can scale a bit better as the leagues adjust.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

I dont think it matters what they do now, any clan trying to run low weight in cwl is going to get beaten up one way or another..
    Either they lose every war because others are carrying an anchor or two, or they cant overcome those low activity heavier clans that sink to the bottom, so cant make up the stars anyway..
    As well as Titans to take some weight up, they would also have to dig a deeper basement ..
    Even then, the feel good would be short term at best.

The game in general is aimed towards fast progression now, and cwl is a big promoter of this due to being unweighted..
    23rd October 2018 was a long time ago..
    Several seasons of progression and clan movement has made cwl unrecognisable from its inception..
    It does appear they did a reweight with the 13 drop, but nothing since..
    And since every tier probably now contains breakdowns including 13s, then taking an average is only an average solution..
    They cant use weight per se in the monthly draw, but could do regular or seasonally adjusted tier weighting in order to achieve "better fit".

But for newbie clans containing newbie players, with newbie bases, there is no easy place within the cwl system..
    It is too old, and too diverse..
    Best they can do, if they wish to participate, is scramble as many stars as possible, and get on that fast track to Bigsville..
    But its going to be a long and very bumpy ride.. I pity them.