Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automated progress

Automated progress

Is there any information about when a base starts to upgrade automatically? When do your citizens forget about you and start upgrading buildings, heroes, troops, spells without interaction?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickV View Post
    Is there any information about when a base starts to upgrade automatically? When do your citizens forget about you and start upgrading buildings, heroes, troops, spells without interaction?
    A base is eligible after 90 days of inactivity.

The base o my uses resources that would have been gained by collectors/mines/drills.

The commencement doesn’t really exist. When the player logs in it will instantly upgrade buildings based on how much loot would have been collected.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickV View Post
    In the parallel universe we just need to create an account and boom the base is automatically maxed after 4-5 years . All u need to do is create a base and uninstall the game for 4 yrs .
    Edit :- Jokes not to be taken seriously

I opened my darian-almanach and found this:

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The returning experience feature we introduced in this update does require a little extra explanation.

This was indeed a feature we created to help players who have been away for extended periods of time (90 days). The goal is to help them get back into the swing of things. However, I'll try to help dispel any notions that it's as sinister as some make it out to be.

For starters, the returning event only triggers if you've been away for 90 days at a minimum. All you'd need to do to prevent this is simply open the game once every 90 days. Furthermore, even if this event triggers after a 90-day absence, it will not trigger every 90 days. It only happens once per year. So if you do get the returning event once, it will not happen again for a full year.

Second, it will not automatically place buildings that you have not purchased. For example, if you haven't purchased an Eagle Artillery, it will not automatically place one and start upgrading it. Only buildings, traps, and Heroes you have already purchased and placed will be subject to this feature. The game will not buy new items for you.

Additionally, it will not upgrade your Town Hall.

Third, the total value of upgraded items you gain from this is marginally half of around what you'd actually get from regularly emptying your Collectors. You'll always progress faster by simply logging in and doing attacks than relying on this. This is simply just to help those who have been away to feel less far behind.
    Ok here is what Dariren says.

If you log in before 90 days, nothing happens.
    If you log in after 90 days, you will get the event.
    If the event has already occurred and you do not log in for another 90 days, the event will not occur again until 1 year later.
    I will additionally add this, from a game developer perspective. This automatic trigger happens ONCE PER YEAR.

If we're weighing who we need to cater to, in terms of development, which do you think carries more weight? Players who can't manage to log on once per quarter year or improving the return experience for countless millions of players?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    A base is eligible after 90 days of inactivity.

The base o my uses resources that would have been gained by collectors/mines/drills.

The commencement doesn’t really exist. When the player logs in it will instantly upgrade buildings based on how much loot would have been collected.
    Just to add it'll do upgrades based on 50% of what your collectors' production rate is over the inactive period.

I've no idea what the upgrade schedule is, or what the priorities are.

You're only eligible for automatic upgrades once per year.

Thanks a lot.

I am doing a scientific experiment about the automatic upgrade feature. I have 2 TH13's that were max prior to the last update, both have been inactive for 45 +/- days now, in 7 weeks or so I will log them in, and see what items were upgraded for me
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

Well now i am confused . whats this some new update . ? i took the meaning of post some other way !

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    I am doing a scientific experiment about the automatic upgrade feature. I have 2 TH13's that were max prior to the last update, both have been inactive for 45 +/- days now, in 7 weeks or so I will log them in, and see what items were upgraded for me
    I've got 10 8's closing in on max & 2 new 9's that I started a solo clan with 3 months ago. Circumstances change & that project is on ice. I'm leading my original clan again (second stint) & took the 3 12's that were fronting that clan back to main for CWL.

I really don't have time for them now as we're almost certainly going to be in Masters 3 next month, so I'm going to upgrade the TH's on the 8's, do Games under upgrade boost to add to their inventories, Drop in the new stuff, focus on the collectors and park all 12 for 90 days.

I'll get back to you with a progress report. I'm particularly interested in how much of the TH9 hero grind gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by rahultarafdar View Post
    Well now i am confused . whats this some new update . ? i took the meaning of post some other way !
    Nothing to be confused about. The thing the post is about, was introduced in the last update. Before that update, some of the bases they are experimenting with (by not logging on to them for 90 days) were maxed. With everything that got a new level in the update, they are no longer maxed. So they are going to 'see' after 90+ days what has been automatically upgraded for them...