Thread: A quick list of spell ideas that I came up with:

Shouting "FUS RO DAH" at Dragons on Skuldafn.

A quick list of spell ideas that I came up with:

• Arena Spell (Dark Elixir: 1 Housing Space): Creates a temporary circular boundary that both friendly and enemy troops/heroes cannot escape until either the spell has expired or all enemy targets inside of it have been eliminated. Projectiles can still be fired through the boundary and upgrading the spell extends its duration.
    • Pulse Spell (Dark Elixir: 1 Housing Space): Instantly discharges a large circular shockwave that deals damage to every target in its radius (damage would be 50-75% of a Lightning Spell's damage). Additionally, the shockwave triggers any traps, hidden teslas, clan castles, etc. that it touches. Upgrading this spell increases its damage and radius.
    • Fury Spell (Dark Elixir: 1 Housing Space): Creates a Ring of Fury that increases the attack speed of any friendly troops/heroes within its radius. Attack rate increase starts at 25% and will not outpace the additional DPS of a Rage Spell. Upgrading this spell increases its attack rate bonus and duration.
    • Booster Spell (Elixir: 1 Housing Space): Creates a small field of energy that boosts the potency (damage, radius, etc.) of any spells deployed on it. Booster spells can stack with other spells, but cannot boost each other. Upgrading this spell will increase the boost's potency and its duration.
    • Corrosion Spell (Elixir: 3 Housing Space): Deploys a circle of acid fog that temporarily makes enemy buildings more fragile and deals damage to them over time. Enemy troops/heroes are not affected by this spell. Upgrading this spell increases its damage over time, duration, radius, and the extra percentage of damage it forces enemy buildings to take.
    • Binding Spell (Elixir: 2 Housing Space): Creates a Ring of Binding that forces all friendly troops/heroes inside of it to merge their health together into a single health pool, all enemy troops/heroes in it to share a single health pool, and all enemy buildings in it to share a single health pool. Additionally, all friendly troops/heroes inside of it will receive a maximum health bonus while they are inside the ring. Upgrading this spell increases its duration and the bonus health that friendly troops/heroes receive.
    • Leeching Spell (Dark Elixir: 1 Housing Space): Deploys a Ring of Leeching that heals friendly troops/heroes inside of it when they deal damage to enemy buildings, heroes, or troops. Healing is proportional to the damage friendly troops inside of the ring deal and is evenly distributed between said troops. Upgrading this spell increases its duration, radius, and the amount of bonus healing that it gives.
    • Ironskin Spell (Elixir: 2 Housing Space): Creates a large energy field that reduces the damage received by friendly troops/heroes inside of it. Upgrading this spell increases the percent of damage the spell reduces, the maximum amount of damage that the spell can nullify, and the spell's radius.

What do you guys think of these ideas?
    Last edited by TheChunkMaster; August 8th, 2020 at 11:34 PM.
    Vex Encryption? Unbreakable? Hah. So they say.

Centennial Club
    In a time machine down by the clan castle waiting for my time to strike and take control...
    1. Nice Idea!

2. Should only trigger traps in like a 3 tile radius.

3. This seems to be a mini haste spell and a mini rage spell combined. I'm not against it though, I am open to new ideas. Just pointing it out.

4. I like this idea. I think that it is cool that it has the ability to boost other spells.

5. Seems like a poison for buildings, which to be honest really needs to be added. Also, I feel that it only needs to be 2 housing space.

6. Cool idea!

7. This just sounds like a heal spell, except it is summoning heal spirits. Once again, I am not against it.

8. This is also almost like the heal spell.
    I am always one step ahead, (Enter Your Username).

Forum Elder
    1: Pretty much exactly like a freeze spell in its effect to cc troops and heroes.
    2: This is similar to a reveal trap spell but with a large amount of damage or conversely, a zap spell that triggers traps. Not keen on it but not against it either as long as the range even when fully upgraded is not more than 3 tiles.
    3: Not appreciably different than a rage spell except that it is half the cost. Based on only one spell space no one would ever bring one rage when they could bring two of this one. Too OP based on spell space.
    4: way OP.
    5: Interesting spell and appropriate at 3 space. Duration cannot be very long or too wide a radius though,
    6: Too OP.
    7: Exactly like a healing spell, so no.
    8: Same functionality as the warden ability except unlike the warden, you choose where to use it. Too much like an invincibility spell and several of these would make your army last so long that it would be hard to not get a three star...too OP.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

2. Should only trigger traps in like a 3 tile radius.
    I think that the Pulse Spell should start at roughly 3.5 tiles and cap out at 5 to 5.5 tiles so that not only can it exist as a wide-ranged damage-dealing alternative to the Lightning Spell, it would also be able to do its job effectively on large bases. If the radius is too small, then people may end up wasting spell slots with it.

3. This seems to be a mini haste spell and a mini rage spell combined. I'm not against it though, I am open to new ideas. Just pointing it out.
    This is probably the comment that I take the greatest degree of issue with, but I don't vehemently dislike it, either. The Fury Spell is meant to fill a niche that the Rage Spell cannot, and it does not boost movement speed like the Haste Spell does, only the attack rate of effected troops. While the Rage Spell and the Fury Spell both result in an overall increase in DPS, the Rage Spell cannot force slow attacking units like the PEKKA, Golem, or Electro Dragon to attack faster; you can have a situation where, for example, an Electro Dragon in a Rage Spell will die to enemy defenses because it couldn't discharge its attack in time. With a Fury Spell, however, it would be able to attack quickly enough to dispatch the defenses that would've otherwise killed it.

You make a good point though about how it strays pretty close to the Rage Spell's territory. My aim with this spell was to give the most useful, unique spin on rage possible without just giving effected troops more STRONK, so that is can be an important asset in its own right.

5. Seems like a poison for buildings, which to be honest really needs to be added. Also, I feel that it only needs to be 2 housing space.
    Initially, I had it at 2 Housing Space, but when I considered all the attributes that it has that the laboratory could upgrade, I felt that it was a little overpowered for its Housing Space, so I raised it to 3. Another reason for me raising its Housing Space to 3 was because I wanted to give the Clone spell a little company.

7. This just sounds like a heal spell, except it is summoning heal spirits. Once again, I am not against it.
    You're kinda right about this one, as it's meant to be the Dark version of the Heal spell. Some of the Dark Spells are kinda just tactical spins on regular spells (i.e. Haste spinning off Rage, and Earthquake kinda spinning off Jump), and this spell is no exception. The idea is that it would provide a compact alternative to Heal Spells that would perform just as well, if not better, provided that the effected troops are dealing enough damage. Just imagine if you paired this with a Rage Spell; it would be absolutely awesome.

8. This is also almost like the heal spell.
    I mean, kind of, in the respect that it helps troops stay alive, but there's an important difference. For one, the Heal Spell cannot protect troops from being killed instantly; if your troop has 60 health and is hit with 73 damage all at once, then it will be dead before the Heal Spell can work its magic. With the Ironskin Spell, however, the damage would be reduced from 73 to, say, 48 (this is an arbitrary value), meaning that the troop would survive. It's cases like these where the Ironskin Spell may be better than the Heal Spell, but these spells would undoubtedly work very well together.

I appreciate your feedback, and I have another spell idea that I like you to critique. How about a Dark Spell called the Mirage Spell, which creates an illusory ring that spawns an endless series of copies of the troops inside of it (similar to the Clone Spell), forcing defenses to target the copies instead, but the copies cannot deal damage and die in one hit?

1: Pretty much exactly like a freeze spell in its effect to cc troops and heroes.
    Not really, as they can still attack; they just can't move outside a given area. Additionally, ranged troops/heroes would still pose a threat to nearby troops outside of the ring.

This is similar to a reveal trap spell but with a large amount of damage or conversely, a zap spell that triggers traps. Not keen on it but not against it either as long as the range even when fully upgraded is not more than 3 tiles.
    The damage isn't exactly large if it's 50-75% of a Lightning Spell's damage, especially if it's closes to the lower end. I explained this in another comment, but keeping the Pulse Spell's range below 3 tiles may be too much of a hindrance on large bases.

3: Not appreciably different than a rage spell except that it is half the cost. Based on only one spell space no one would ever bring one rage when they could bring two of this one. Too OP based on spell space.
    This is probably one of the more painful comments to read, and I already explained how it is in fact appreciably different from a Rage Spell in a previous comment. I also specified that the overall DPS increase that it gives would not outpace the Rage Spell, so if the attack rate bonus is kept low enough, then it wouldn't be OP.

4: way OP.
    Again, not OP if the bonus is low enough, which it most likely will be. You keep assuming unrealistically high spell potencies.

6: Too OP.
    You're making the same mistake you did with your criticism of the Booster Spell; you assume unrealistically high values and, most annoyingly, you have not elaborated on your criticism. I added the max health bonus to this spell because otherwise, it would potentially doom a large chunk of a person's army if it was used at, say, a single-target Inferno Tower, because it would allow for an insanely high damage buildup.

7: Exactly like a healing spell, so no.
    Dude, not exactly the same as [insert Spell here]. Also explained this one in a previous comment.

8: Same functionality as the warden ability except unlike the warden, you choose where to use it. Too much like an invincibility spell and several of these would make your army last so long that it would be hard to not get a three star...too OP.
    The Ironskin Spell is significantly different from Eternal Tome because it reduces damage dealt to effected troops instead of outright nullifying it, and the amount of damage that is reduced is capped to prevent the nigh-invincibility that you are under the impression that this spell would grant. This spell just means that it takes a bit more firepower before your troops start to die en masse. Think about doing a Hog Rush attack with these spells in place of Heal Spells, and you'll see that the Heal Spells are far better than the Ironskin Spells for that situation when it comes to keeping the Hog Riders alive, and we all know that Heal Spells are not OP.

Honestly, it feels like you're grasping at straws with most of your criticisms. Given careful tweaking of my proposes Spells' stats, it's fairly possible that they could work in-game.
    Last edited by TheChunkMaster; August 10th, 2020 at 02:44 AM.

Centennial Club
    In a time machine down by the clan castle waiting for my time to strike and take control...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkMaster View Post
    I think that the Pulse Spell should start at roughly 3.5 tiles and cap out at 5 to 5.5 tiles so that not only can it exist as a wide-ranged damage-dealing alternative to the Lightning Spell, it would also be able to do its job effectively on large bases. If the radius is too small, then people may end up wasting spell slots with it.

This is probably the comment that I take the greatest degree of issue with, but I don't vehemently dislike it, either. The Fury Spell is meant to fill a niche that the Rage Spell cannot, and it does not boost movement speed like the Haste Spell does, only the attack rate of effected troops. While the Rage Spell and the Fury Spell both result in an overall increase in DPS, the Rage Spell cannot force slow attacking units like the PEKKA, Golem, or Electro Dragon to attack faster; you can have a situation where, for example, an Electro Dragon in a Rage Spell will die to enemy defenses because it couldn't discharge its attack in time. With a Fury Spell, however, it would be able to attack quickly enough to dispatch the defenses that would've otherwise killed it.

You make a good point though about how it strays pretty close to the Rage Spell's territory. My aim with this spell was to give the most useful, unique spin on rage possible without just giving effected troops more STRONK, so that is can be an important asset in its own right.

Initially, I had it at 2 Housing Space, but when I considered all the attributes that it has that the laboratory could upgrade, I felt that it was a little overpowered for its Housing Space, so I raised it to 3. Another reason for me raising its Housing Space to 3 was because I wanted to give the Clone spell a little company.

You're kinda right about this one, as it's meant to be the Dark version of the Heal spell. Some of the Dark Spells are kinda just tactical spins on regular spells (i.e. Haste spinning off Rage, and Earthquake kinda spinning off Jump), and this spell is no exception. The idea is that it would provide a compact alternative to Heal Spells that would perform just as well, if not better, provided that the effected troops are dealing enough damage. Just imagine if you paired this with a Rage Spell; it would be absolutely awesome.

I mean, kind of, in the respect that it helps troops stay alive, but there's an important difference. For one, the Heal Spell cannot protect troops from being killed instantly; if your troop has 60 health and is hit with 73 damage all at once, then it will be dead before the Heal Spell can work its magic. With the Ironskin Spell, however, the damage would be reduced from 73 to, say, 48 (this is an arbitrary value), meaning that the troop would survive. It's cases like these where the Ironskin Spell may be better than the Heal Spell, but these spells would undoubtedly work very well together.

I appreciate your feedback, and I have another spell idea that I like you to critique. How about a Dark Spell called the Mirage Spell, which creates an illusory ring that spawns an endless series of copies of the troops inside of it (similar to the Clone Spell), forcing defenses to target the copies instead, but the copies cannot deal damage and die in one hit?
    Nice idea for the new spell! This will definitely take funneling to the next level and I can see using it in many of my strategies.

One question. Will it make copies of secondary troops? (skeletons, bats, golemites, lava pups, etc.)
    Last edited by VxV248; August 10th, 2020 at 01:21 AM.
    I am always one step ahead, (Enter Your Username).

Quote Originally Posted by VxV248 View Post
    Nice idea for the new spell! This will definitely take funneling to the next level and I can see using it in many of my strategies.

One question. Will it make copies of secondary troops? (skeletons, bats, golemites, lava pups, etc.)
    Yeah, it will, and those secondary troops won't be able to do damage, either.