Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Dead bases

Dead bases

With all the people trying to find dead bases for loot, do you ever feel that we are going to run out of dead bases?

Pro Member
    No; dead bases have been around in the six years I have played, no reason to think that they will naturally disappear. They have been periodically cleared out to reduce them as they just clog up server space.
    Check out Fiddle Farm #PRP902RR - Jenny’s always welcome

It's just a game

New Bloke/Chick
    I don't think we'll ever "run out" of dead bases, but SC can remove them from the server whenever they choose. The first few months following the TH11 update is the only time I can remember not seeing dead bases.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    There are more than ever

i am thinking SC leave them in the queue for longer now. Inactive bases used to be excluded after 2 weeks of inactivity.

does anyone know how long dead bases stay in the queue now?

i log in daily so i cant tell from my defence log. In the past when i was less active, my defences used to stop at 14 days.

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ24

Banned
    Yeah, a bit. This 'what if' scenario does enter my mind every now and then. I guess if that happened in today's clash, I'd just need to buy the gold pass to keep up.

Centennial Club
    You don't have to be inactive for all that long to become a "dead base". I've attacked bases with huge loot in collectors/mines and all re-chargable defenses (EA, infernos, xbows, etc) down, but still had builders upgrading buildings. Probably only need to be offline for 2-3 days before you appear as a dead base

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul4281 View Post
    No; dead bases have been around in the six years I have played, no reason to think that they will naturally disappear. They have been periodically cleared out to reduce them as they just clog up server space.
    I don't think they have ever been cleared out.

Supercell reserve the right to delete accounts which have not been logged into for over 6 months, but AFAIK they have never exercised that right.

You don't often see older ones in matchmaking though, because they do get pushed down the queue.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Iftheskyisblue View Post
    There are more than ever

i am thinking SC leave them in the queue for longer now. Inactive bases used to be excluded after 2 weeks of inactivity.

does anyone know how long dead bases stay in the queue now?

i log in daily so i cant tell from my defence log. In the past when i was less active, my defences used to stop at 14 days.
    I don't think they ever actually get removed from the queue, they just get pushed down so they will be seen less often, and after a couple of weeks or so, nobody is likely to NEXT enough to find them.

But exactly how long it takes to reach that point is I think going to depend on a number of factors.

my th10 finds some dead bases may be in 12 clicks on crystal 3

My Townhall 8 was still getting attacked regularly even after 4+ years of inactivity :-)