Thread: Why isn't 5vs5 an option for CWL?

Why isn't 5vs5 an option for CWL?

Title says it all...
    As most Clash competitions and leagues are around a 5vs5 format, why do you need a minimum of 15 accounts for CWL? We should get 5vs5 option for CWL, on top of the existing 15vs15 and 30vs30 size wars.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by savestamps View Post
    Title says it all...
    As most Clash competitions and leagues are around a 5vs5 format, why do you need a minimum of 15 accounts for CWL? We should get 5vs5 option for CWL, on top of the existing 15vs15 and 30vs30 size wars.
    Thanks
    Its clan wars. Not individual wars.

To avoid matching issues the pool of sizes is limited which is why there's only two when normal wars have far more.

The average sized clan was found to be in this range which is why most aspects of the game are aimed at the 12-15 range like Clan Games, etc.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

It will remove the difference between regular wars and cwl.

10 vs 10 is better which i think can happen in future, in 5 vs 5 it is very small i mean i can't even fit all my th13 ids in it

Centennial Club
    The pool size on CWL is limited since it's already devided by more than 10 league. Adding 5v5 might create an issue on the matchmaking time, since we already have 15v15 and 30v30.

Clash competition are using 5v5 format, simply because 5 players is the regular size of an eSport Team.

Centennial Club
    30v30 makes sense for large clans, 15v15 on the other hand has some problems on both ends of the food chain. new clans have trouble getting good members (no explanation needed, we’ve all been there), plus the new recruitment tool still needs some work. At the top of the ladder pro clans have to get 15 individual players (esl rules), and a few more for backup, just to try and get 5 into the world championship qualifiers. The opportunity would be more spread if 15v15 was replaced with 10v10. Pro clans would be able to focus more on quality over quantity.

The big downside is that moving to 10v10 would create a large market gap. clans with over 20 members would have to cut 1/2 their roster for CWL or find less reliable players to do a 30v30, then run the risk of not having enough reliable members to swap out. So as much as it would be awesome to have 10v10 CWL, I don’t see it happening without the addition of 20v20. there certainly is a market for 20v20, but moving from 2 roster sizes to 3 roster sizes would likely require an overhaul of the current CWL system.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by savestamps View Post
    Title says it all...
    Thanks
    Get a bigger clan, or leave your current one and get in a CWL with another clan.