Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practice mode

Practice mode

Iím in legend league and after finishing all my attacks I just set down and do nothing for the rest of the day!!! Waiting for tomorrow to come and repeat same thing! I canít practice or attack or do anything. I suggest creating a new tap that contains all my clan mates villages that i can just go to an attack without requesting cr from them which is annoying to them and if no one is online i canít do anything! Thatís why I need to train on their villages anytime if they set it ON or Allow. Or let us attack without gaining or loosing anything not even troops( that will be after finishing 8 attacks). If this not implemented a lot of legends league players will have no reason to stay there

I can't believe posts like this don't attract more agreement replies.

It sucks being locked out of using your max base more than 8 times per day. That's 24 mins of actual game play a day......

I'm working hard on my second base but a long way off being able to meaningfully use it for doing my own challenge matches.

There's so many good ways to sort this limitation out.

1. I like the optional auto challenge idea from the OP.
    2. Practice against self
    3. Opt In to more LL attacks with no loot/trophy (*and no troop loss like challenges and friendly war).
    4. Many many more

I know i could solve this by leaving my clan and finding one full of max active players who do friendly wars etc etc but that would suck for my clan mates.

Seems obstinate that the cap to 24 mins game play a day for max bases still exists.

Fix it please please SC

Quote Originally Posted by roughdup View Post

It sucks being locked out of using your max base more than 8 times per day. That's 24 mins of actual game play a day......

I'm working hard on my second base but a long way off being able to meaningfully use it for doing my own challenge matches.

2. Practice against self
    3. Opt In to more LL attacks with no loot/trophy (*and no troop loss like challenges and friendly war).
    4. Many many more

I know i could solve this by leaving my clan and finding one full of max active players who do friendly wars etc etc but that would suck for my clan mates.

Seems obstinate that the cap to 24 mins game play a day for max bases still exists.

Fix it please please SC
    I would imagine its because 8 attacks per day is plenty (sometimes more than plenty) for those of us who don't chime in supporting it. Some days I finish early, others I struggle. I never did 8 attacks per day consistently prior to going to legends. Attack self is frequently requested as is being able to attack any of your clan mates without a fc, which kinds of negates the fc and social part of them. As far as additional legends attacks, those bases have to come from somewhere, I'd prefer that mine not be presented for people to get additional practice on it. The number 8 was chosen as a middle ground. There are still posts about it being too many and too little so I guess its about right.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder

2. Practice against self
    4. Many many more

Fix it please please SC
    There is no cap for max bases. You can attack as much as you like, just not in legends. Life is full of such choices.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Millennial Club
    Some people already think 8 attacks is too many.

Just go do FC. My clan usually always has someone online, and I think the "pool" of bases has some privacy and security issues around it.

Other options include dropping out of LL, as self-challenges are ruled out.
    Squidward>spongebob

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    There is no cap for max bases. You can attack as much as you like, just not in legends. Life is full of such choices.
    What an unhelpful reply.

Legend League is the endgame content for maxed bases and rewards players with Legend Trophies. As someone who has invested a fair bit of time in the game and enjoys playing is it really the software developers intent that i just skip that?

Legend League is great fun, bases are always fully active and always have a CC. There are no clouds, i quit the game for a good while because of clouds. There is nothing worse......... The idea of going low and skipping bases until i find ones with heroes up and nothing upgrading and then getting no track of my progress is not really a choice at all is it?

I'm fine with them not changing it and i wont quit because of it or anything but i think it's bizarre to have this sort of constraint when it would be relatively easy to remove.

Maybe it's just true that there is not enough interest and i'm in such a minority that its not gonna get any traction.

@ the guy explaining the middle ground. Thanks, i get that as well but additional attacks as an opt in would not be compulsory, especially if there was no reward so folk who didn't opt in could be excluded from the pool. I imagine developers want to focus on features for the many rather than the few though so a feature like this is only really good for a subset of subset of players.....

Forum Elder
    What an unhelpful reply.

Legend League is the endgame content for maxed bases and rewards players with Legend Trophies. As someone who has invested a fair bit of time in the game and enjoys playing is it really the software developers intent that i just skip that?

Legend League is great fun, bases are always fully active and always have a CC. There are no clouds, i quit the game for a good while because of clouds. There is nothing worse......... The idea of going low and skipping bases until i find ones with heroes up and nothing upgrading and then getting no track of my progress is not really a choice at all is it?

I'm fine with them not changing it and i wont quit because of it or anything but i think it's bizarre to have this sort of constraint when it would be relatively easy to remove.

Maybe it's just true that there is not enough interest and i'm in such a minority that its not gonna get any traction.

@ the guy explaining the middle ground. Thanks, i get that as well but additional attacks as an opt in would not be compulsory, especially if there was no reward so folk who didn't opt in could be excluded from the pool. I imagine developers want to focus on features for the many rather than the few though so a feature like this is only really good for a subset of subset of players.....
    Legends is not a reward for end game maxed players. For many players they are full max and have no interest in LL for a variety of reasons. Everything is a choice, you can choose to farm dead bases, you can choose to farm active bases, you can choose to farm ina high tier for the bonus or farm lower down. You can choose to forego CWL since you prefer regular wars or vice versa or do both. You can choose to strategically rush or maX or engineer. Each choice has pros and cons and it is up to the player to decide.

I understand that you would like to have it work differently to suit your playstyle but you are asking to both have your cake and eat it too and that isnt always possible nor beneficial and in the meantime, you have choices you can make.

I fully support you asking for change, I only disagree with your comments that describe it as broken as the rationale for making those changes.
    Last edited by Tosti111; August 12th, 2020 at 02:35 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

@Tosti111

I didn't say it was a reward for endgame max players, i said it is the endgame content in clash of clans. You do not need to be maxxed to do it but once you are maxxed there's little point in doing anything else. Clash is a reward/progression based game and the only remaining thing to progress once you're at max for everything is your Legend Trophy count.

So I respectfully disagree that farming dead bases is an endgame choice for max bases. I don't disagree that maxxed players might well choose not to participate in the endgame.

There is zero reward for doing so once you're capped on resources, if you are a farming focus player with a fully max TH13 then you essentially stop playing or dial it back significantly until the next update at which point there is stuff to farm for again.

Anyway i conceded in my previous reply that as things like Friendly Challenges/War exists for many people this is maybe good enough.

The amount of players that would even remotely benefit from this is extremely small since most players, based on Supercell's data, didn't even attack that many times in a day.

Remember there's other aspects of the game as well that you can do even after your eight attacks are complete such as Friendly Challenges, Builder Base, Single Player, or even using the built in Practice mode we already have in the game.

Alternatively you could put the work Supercell has invested into making the Supercell ID feature better and start/work on a secondary account.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

2. Practice against self
    4. Many many more

Fix it please please SC
    Its not broke. They have a pratice attack arena and friendly challenges. Clans without friendly challenges is a clan that you want to leave.