Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeleton Spell needs another buff/rework?

Centennial Club

Skeleton Spell needs another buff/rework?

I have hardly seen anyone use this spell for over a year, both in casual and competitive scene.

Previous rework didn't really help much, it adds more survivability against splash damage defenses, but reduce the dps of the skeleton spell (since the amount of skeletons are decreased)

This spell's simply outshined by all other 1 housing space spells:
    Bat spell did a better job on dealing damage
    EQ and lightning spell did a better job on destroying certain buildings/structures
    Freeze spell did a better job on reducing the firepower of the defenses

The only time this spell might be more useful than the other spell is when you use it to distract a single target inferno tower, and it only works on a very specific base, since most of the time the skeletons are going to be instantly killed by surrounding defenses

Do you agree that skeleton spell need another rework/buff?
    Maybe increase the number of skeletons? (buff)
    Or drastically buff the hp and dps, but it only spawns 1-3 skeleton? so it's kinda like spawning a giant in the middle of the base? (rework)

It's still useful against heroes in full hogs or laloon attacks.
    But with the popularity of hog miners, and the skill level required to laloon against scattershots at th13...
    Since the spell has a very specific use, I believe it's not a problem of the spell itself, but the lack of popularity of the few attacks that the spell was really useful.

They just need to spawn how the witches summon them and more of them. Not gradually but a full zerg of skellies might make it useful. Such as you can drop bats on an eagle to take it out provided wizards aren't in range. Skeletons won't do that because a mortar will one shot the lot.
    Only use I found is to trigger THs and direct balloons and siege balloon towards it, but may as well use a lvl5 quake and do much more damage.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRIANO View Post
    It's still useful against heroes in full hogs or laloon attacks.
    But with the popularity of hog miners, and the skill level required to laloon against scattershots at th13...
    Since the spell has a very specific use, I believe it's not a problem of the spell itself, but the lack of popularity of the few attacks that the spell was really useful.
    1. We already have headhunter which did an excellent job on dealing with heroes for mass hogs, and most of the time it's a better idea to rely on lava pups to deal with the heroes for laloon attacks.

2. I already mentioned most of the specific use of the spells, and skeleton spell is simply outshined. I also mentioned why it's not even that useful on dealing with single target inferno, compared to freeze spell.

3. The only time skeleton spell's useful is before freeze spell got reworked into a 1 housing space spell, and it's not even that viable compared to the other spell

Only one player used skeleton spell in July Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    Only one player used skeleton spell in July Qualifiers
    who used it?

Give those skeles a minor ice effect like the Ice golem's attack.

That should add enough to make them useable.

The spell has felt like it's super niche and used by the 0.1% of the community since launch.

Banned
    Back when 60/60/30 was max, I used skellies in my lalo attacks to deal with the queen to very good results. Tried using it for other purposes as well like trying to replace the freeze(2 slots freeze) etc but to no avail.

As to how to make it useable again, I don't have a clue. Maybe make it spawn 2-3 bigboys? Drastically increase the # and speed of spawning?

I have a level 2. Time to upgrade now🤩

Make the skeletons in spell sneaky like gobs or archers? Have it spawn over a larger area than zap but less powerful. I'd use that spell...something to fill gap between zap and eq.