Thread: Event of Greed

Pro Member

Event of Greed

This game has some really sadistic programming in it.
    It's a really sad situation when you get excited about an event starting the find out it has been bungled up to negatively impact the reward.
    As soon as the barn/silo tool event for Town starts , my train brings 8 bed and breakfast visitors when supposed to be 6 normally.
    Even fully upgraded town, this is a bog just destroys the flow of the process that will also reduced the max reward unless diamonds are used.

The same exact thing happened the previous time this event took place.
    The spiked quantities on some visitor orders already negatively impacted town play, especially the grocery store orders. One order wants 74 of the 77 corn I have in silo, really now?
    Last edited by dtx725; August 6th, 2020 at 10:20 AM.

Not sure if I understand what the problem is. But you do not need to fully serve all visitors during the event. Those visitors with purple names will give you BEM/SEMs even after the event has ended. And if you have a fully upgraded town hall (max 42 visitors), there's should be enough room to queue a bit.

Surely grocery store is one of least favourite buildings as it often requires big amounts of "raw" materials. But corn? Isn't DD full of it?

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    Not sure if I understand what the problem is. But you do not need to fully serve all visitors during the event. Those visitors with purple names will give you BEM/SEMs even after the event has ended...
    As a Town enthusiast, I didn't know the above until you shared it with us. Thank you for enlightening me, zetis.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    August 6, 2020
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    Not sure if I understand what the problem is. But you do not need to fully serve all visitors during the event. Those visitors with purple names will give you BEM/SEMs even after the event has ended. And if you have a fully upgraded town hall (max 42 visitors), there's should be enough room to queue a bit.

Surely grocery store is one of least favourite buildings as it often requires big amounts of "raw" materials. But corn? Isn't DD full of it?
    The train comes more often than one time during the event, like every 6hr. B&B take almost 5 hr so with excess visitors for that building will back up and take space that can be otherwise filled with single building visitors. You can disrupt the normal serving sequence and toggle the thru the other buildings on their requirement and hope the next train has insufficient B&B visitors so that you can complete all to collect the end prize.
    The corn was used as an example. The point being made was the ridiculous quantity it requested taking the whole load from my storage. Even regular farm visitors that comes for crops never ask for more than 50-60% of what you have. As for corn sure I went to DD and got loads of 10/1 to restock.
    Just had two visitors in grocery that wanted large quantity of peanuts.
    One want 4 , other 6. That is well over 20 hrs work. That would be foolish playing to fill that. The peanuts being raw material to make machine products.
    Also grocery does not give enough xp , rep points to justify the spiked orders.
    I had to send the 6 order to station thus losing an event reward.
    Those are some reckless changes made to Town play.

The town, trucks, boats... all get more demanding as your experience level goes up. That is why I chose to not maximize my buildings for experience or coin for that matter. I have managed to keep my town level low since there is no advantage to level up once you have everything.

also, these events are an opportunity to get more free rewards. You have a choice to send away townies you don’t want to serve. This gives you more room for other townies anyway. You can create a good flow of town visitors and no backlog with good planning
    Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    ...also, these events are an opportunity to get more free rewards. You have a choice to send away townies you don’t want to serve. This gives you more room for other townies anyway. You can create a good flow of town visitors and no backlog with good planning
    An excellent point, WP. When the Eggspress Train pulls into Town, it brings a mixture of visitors who wants to visit 2 buildings or 3 buildings. In the past events, I sent away those asking for 3 buildings and focused on serving those visiting 2 buildings to prevent a logjam as described by the OP.

Since I'm continuing to optimize my farm to the point that I have inventory to serve Townies without making them to wait while I make goods, I'd like to challenge myself by serving all Townies during and after this bonus event.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    August 6, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; August 7th, 2020 at 01:10 AM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more