Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade Crop Selection List

Pro Member

Upgrade Crop Selection List

We have 32 different types of crop items now to select, plant, and harvest.
    The design of the selection menu is outdated.
    A player has to repeatedly tap to page through the crop choices five at a time against a translucent background.

Please consider a redesign of this menu that would resemble a barn/silo type menu. A three or better a four column layout against a solid background to make it easier to see. A player could quickly scroll down or back up to find and select the item they want to plant, by dragging it off the menu onto a crop plot.

This mod would improve player enjoyment of the game.

I would like to see the crops sorted by growth time.
    Last edited by Eyelashes; August 9th, 2020 at 01:23 AM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelashes View Post
    I'm fine with the way it's set up now, except I would like to see the crops sorted by growth time.
    Well it may fine for some, depending much on level (number of crops active), size of your display, your vision, the amount you are engaged in th game play.
    As one who is highly experienced in this game and savy to programming design, I can see a need here for an update improvement that will benefit most all HD players more so as they level up into these crops.

With the new type of menu I suggested, a sort tab could easily be added to display crops in order of growth time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I play for many hours daily, on a small smartphone screen. I have all 32 crops. I will edit my comment above. I sincerely did not mean to cause a problem.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    I play for many hours daily, on a small smartphone screen. I have all 32 crops. I will edit my comment above. I sincerely did not mean to cause a problem.
    There really was no need for you to edit your comment. Your point of view is as valid as any other forum member's. As with all things Hay Day, we all have our own preferences, likes and dislikes.

Hay Day level 187 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Centennial Club
    One of the things I like about the game.. I can play the way I like... not all of us have same goals or wants from the game. It's not wrong or right just the way each farmer wants to play.

Pro Member
    I don't see any problem. Perhaps my response to your reply was misunderstood. I just had assumed you were a casual player. For myself, I have limited time to play so like things to flow efficient without disruption to time and game focus.

Actually the machines also incorporate this same selection menu design as the crops do. A new design that resembles the barn/silo menu not only eliminate all of that paging through to get to desired item, it could also include the amount on storage thus eliminate even more extra tapping just to see that.

It was just an idea I should not even bother posting. Nothing much has gotten updated for improvement for very long time in this game.