Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help to build my clan

I need help to build my clan

I started a clan right after the last clan games. We are about to reach level 2.

We have only four rules:
    1. Be respectful.
    2. Be mature.
    3. Do both attacks in war.
    4. Join our discord server.

Everyone who joins the clan knows that they need to join the discord server as well and they are happy to, as I recruit mainly from discord.

We have a TH13 who can donate several maxed troops as well. And all requests are filled within a few minutes.

We are also doing back-to-back wars.

I posted a clan recruitment thread here in the forums and post recruitment post daily on Redditís discord server.

I bump the post here in the forums once every 24 hours too.

But we still havenít crossed the 10 players mark.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to recruit better?

Pro Member
    Not everyone has discord so you instantly rule out a huge number of players who don’t have it. Could be missing out on many players who see discord as a must and keep scrolling.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+

Forum Champion
    I’d bet that many players don’t use Discord. I would not join a clan that requires an outside app. For me it’s just a game and the necessity of an outside app takes away from my enjoyment. I’m an active player(th13), do war attacks, and donate. I just don’t want to have to download an app. But that’s just me and my opinion. I’d also say that patience is key. Your clan is just a few weeks old and you already have 10 members. That’s great! Good clans with solid, active members can take months or even longer to build. You can’t expect a fresh, low level clan to attract a ton of players. Give it time and work with what you already have.

Have to agree with the guys.
    To me discord requirement undermines the other three, which are excellent for a lower level clan..
    Maybe change the discord qualifier for something that denotes the direction you wish to take the clan eg war orientated, for now.

Discord suggests serious war planning, and not sure how many serious war players will be looking for a level 2 clan.
    Can always add it later, once the perks pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Have to agree with the guys.
    To me discord requirement undermines the other three, which are excellent for a lower level clan..
    Maybe change the discord qualifier for something that denotes the direction you wish to take the clan eg war orientated, for now.

Discord suggests serious war planning, and not sure how many serious war players will be looking for a level 2 clan.
    Can always add it later, once the perks pick up.
    I am in his clan with a mini. They are quite serious about the rules, and wont hesitate to kick even maxed TH11 members, just because they don't use discord. In fact, They are more serious about the rules than even the level 16 clans in which i am in. What he wants is to create a serious war-clan atmosphere right from the start. I am not against discord,but it is a double-edged sword. Of course, it is great for serious war planning(which is what he wants) but on the other hand, that is the one rule holding me back, from inviting new members(I know that 99% of them wont be willing to use discord)to the clan and helping to fill the clan.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; August 6th, 2020 at 02:34 PM.
    Leader, Grand Synergy(#2Y9ULYRGY)

Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    I am in his clan with a mini. They are quite serious about the rules, and wont hesitate to kick even maxed TH11 members, just because they don't use discord. In fact, They are more serious about the rules than even the level 16 clans in which i am in. What he wants is to create a serious war-clan atmosphere right from the start. I am not against discord,but it is a double-edged sword. Of course, it is great for serious war planning(which is what he wants) but on the other hand, that is the one rule holding me back, from inviting new members(I know that 99% of them wont be willing to use discord)to the clan and helping to fill the clan.
    +1.. Yeah mate, it would figure he is serious due to the discord necessity.
    Maybe discord is where the focus should be for recruitment.. i dont use discord, but hopefully others will give heads up about other sites.
    Kudos to you guys for putting in the effort, I would not try to knock it at all, am quite on the contrary.

But level 2 clan is going to struggle to recruit the calibre of player he is looking for without having connections..
    And if he had those connections, this thread would not exist.

Sometimes you have to walk before you run, or have the patience to wait it out.
    Am pretty sure invites will be getting sent to any oppo players that impress, so if you guys are winning, then serious minded opponents just may be willing to jump.
    In the short and mid term, he should have been planning for his new clan.. I did..
    So mini's that were spawned in preparation should be filling the gaps.

Recruitment is never a problem with a little DIY, and some spare time on war days.

Discord can be run from a web browser so there's no outside app needed. Certainly you get more benefit from it, but it's not necessary.

And while I agree that discord will rule out many people, honestly if you are serious about war it's just a necessity. Most (not all) who don't want to use it probably aren't interested in keeping bases up to date and attack strategies and skills honed. In the past we tried keeping on people about getting new war bases, updating their skills, etc. With discord there's no excuses, easy access to base links, easy access to attack strategies, account information and upgrade tracking, etc etc.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 48/50/18 heroes
    TH12 - doug 51/58/28 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Discord can be run from a web browser so there's no outside app needed. Certainly you get more benefit from it, but it's not necessary.

And while I agree that discord will rule out many people, honestly if you are serious about war it's just a necessity. Most (not all) who don't want to use it probably aren't interested in keeping bases up to date and attack strategies and skills honed. In the past we tried keeping on people about getting new war bases, updating their skills, etc. With discord there's no excuses, easy access to base links, easy access to attack strategies, account information and upgrade tracking, etc etc.
    Thank you for your reply.

That is my goal. To create a platform to help every member of my clan get better and better, everyday. Such platform needs time to build and people (most people) donít like changes, so itís better to implement such things right from the start.

And like you said, with discord thereís no excuses.

I have already started to provide good attack strategies for several THs. In the next two days, Iíll start providing base links as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey26392 View Post
    I started a clan right after the last clan games. We are about to reach level 2.

We have only four rules:
    1. Be respectful.
    2. Be mature.

Everyone who joins the clan knows that they need to join the discord server as well and they are happy to, as I recruit mainly from discord.

We have a TH13 who can donate several maxed troops as well. And all requests are filled within a few minutes.

I posted a clan recruitment thread here in the forums and post recruitment post daily on Redditís discord server.

Is there a 5th rule? Player must war. Requiring discord sounds like it. Or is there room for causal players who is in a clan to keep CC full for defense or pushing? In exchange the casual player maintains a good donation ratio and leaves war button red sometimes. Being open to causal, but mature and active, players may grow your clan. But they wonít come or stay where they are unwelcome.
    Last edited by JD4U; August 8th, 2020 at 02:19 AM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey26392 View Post

We have only four rules:
    1. Be respectful.
    2. Be mature.

Dump the Discord rule, you're trying to run before you can walk.

Having been in a clan from level 1 with zero XP, it takes a lot of grind to attract any players to a clan with low, or no, perks.

You need to work thro' the levels & get in to a decent CWL before you need to worry about strategising (which isn't everyone's cup of tea anyway). You need to accept all sorts in the early stages & I'd encourage your core players to join Discord, but not force them.

There are some excellent players out there who'll happily hit whatever target you assign, but who couldn't care less about planning or discussion. You'll need people like that to pad out your roster while you do the grind.

We are not active recruiters, but things certainly got easier as we got to level 5, much easier at 10. Climbing through CWL from Gold 2 to Crystal 1 (Masters 3 next season almost certainly) helped too.