Thread: Pause/Play Boosted Builders/Resource collectors

Fresh Spawn

Pause/Play Boosted Builders/Resource collectors

The title says it all, let us pause and play boosted builders, resource collectors, lab boosts, training and so on. Cuz we usually boost stuff like the training go offline and return in a few hours cuz we forget, but if you can pause life and the game would be so much better

Millennial Club
    If you pause even the building upgrade needs to be paused,troop training needs to be paused and more

Fresh Spawn
    Why cant you just pause one thing and the rest continue

Quote Originally Posted by Poeslik View Post
    Why cant you just pause one thing and the rest continue
    Ability to pause and then resume boost have been discussed in the past. If you conservatively estimate 5 minutes per attack, just one Power, or Hero, or Training potions could easily be spread over 20 attacks! One boost covering all attacks over multiple days, could be easily done. During CWL, I could easily unpause only for CWL attacks each day, allowing one Power Potion used for all CWL attacks over all 7 days.

Value of such potions would skyrocket. Would expect them then to become extremely rare (not offered very often as rewards) and for gem cost to dramatically increase. Consider Traditional war use, with engineering. A player purposely leaves all heroes at -5 below max to reduce war weight. By unpausing for wars only, with 2 attacks per war, use over 10 wars. At one war every 2 days, that is then use of one potion over 20 days. At current free Hero Potion availability the player could engineer the system forever, covering every war with free potions. So the potion would become an equivalent to the Book of Everything for rarity, made available only 1 or 2 times a year.

So my biggest contention with the proposal is for the two not explictly mentioned, that you placed within your "and so on" category. Even for some others I foresee abuses , players "gaming the system". Enable Resource boost only while shielded. Collect resources before shield ends, pause boost. That then minimizes losses when raided (much higher loot losses come from collectors, not the stores).

Only two I cannot foresee abuse potential for: Builder and Lab potions. But for those two neither can I think of any situation for which anyone would want to pause them to begin with.
    Last edited by rowman; August 6th, 2020 at 12:17 PM.