Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Overwhelming Clan Castle Troops

Quote Originally Posted by chiefillini View Post
    I've recently got an mini account in a clan full of newbies. For war attacks I drop a baby dragon in the clan castle. There are a lot of th5/6 type players. The baby dragon at level 7 does 135 damage. A level 3 giant 430 hitpoint is gone in 4 hits. The baby dragon has 1800 hit points. That's 20 seconds for a wizard to drop it. They don't have a poison spell yet. At the very least let's acknowledge that it is harder for players today at lower town halls to knock out clan castle troops that it was before. Impossible no, but when you're new to the game haven't learned basics like drawing out the clan castle troops and funneling, have no poison spell and your troops are basically throwing rocks at a tank, the game can fell out of whack with the clan castle troops. It it broken? Of course not. But when you put on noob shoes it's not hard to see.
    My brother was the one who got me into coc 5 years back, on my first war attack i got like 17-20% 0 star because i failed to kill the cc, then just spammed all the arch barb around the base, my brother just laughed. My point is, it doesn't take much long to understand how to lure cc and kill it maybe 5-6 failed attacks at most, so if a new player can't even invest this little time to learn the mechanics of the game and quits, nobody can keep him/her interested by doing any changes to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    Its ok, but this thread was not worth trending, many others and i had to reply so many times just beacuse of few people who keep on arguing something which no one wants. I think its over and there is really not any need for something like troops cap(limiting received troops level).
    We had enough discussion on this topic and i recommend everyone to just move over it.
    Who is we?.. If you dont want to post, dont..
    If you dont want to read, dont.
    But for those that do, let them post, let them read.

OP came with what for him is a genuine problem..
    Others disagree, but hey ho, such is life..
    Merc tends to agree, and despite attempts to change his viewpoint, is still of the same opinion..
    Nothing wrong with that either.

It isnt a new topic, nor is it of much interest to experienced high level account holders..
    Simply a chance for them to tell those new arrivals to suck it up and move on..
    Welcome to forums OP.

Having cc that is seemingly too overpowering will indeed seem daunting to someone that is trying to learn the game within a clan environment that is missing a mentor.
    But in my experience, doing mixed hall wars requires that stronger cc in order to buff up the lower accounts defences..
    No good whatsoever for that new player trying to enjoy the war experience, but necessary to the efficiency of the breakdown.

Unfortunately for OP.. That cc is used in wars, and wars are generally won and lost at the top..
    The route can be tough, but with patience and practice, everyone can reach a level whereby they can have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Who is we?.. If you dont want to post, dont..
    If you dont want to read, dont.
    But for those that do, let them post, let them read.

OP came with what for him is a genuine problem..
    Others disagree, but hey ho, such is life..
    Merc tends to agree, and despite attempts to change his viewpoint, is still of the same opinion..
    Nothing wrong with that either.
    I had just given recommendation to move on, i am not forcing anyone to stop writing/reading. Everyone (including you) is free to write and repeat whole point again and again.

Really long thread so I didn't go through all of it. These points could have been hit on and may already be irrelevant.
    Defense troops in a war are capped at the highest level of the highest person in the war (plus 2 with clan boost, but if your clan earned it, you should get it). So if you are in a low th war, you shouldn't have to worry about max troops unless you also have a high th at the top.
    Attacking troops could be solved by having a war slot for the cc when you request. If you are in the war, the troops you can receive are locked at the maximum troops and levels of the highest person in the war. So if the highest unlocked troop on your team is a dragon, you cannot receive an edrag. Also, if the higheest level dragon your team has unlocked is 6, then you can't be donated a level 7 dragon (except with clan boost).

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    Its ok, but this thread was not worth trending, many others and i had to reply so many times just beacuse of few people who keep on arguing something which no one wants. I think its over and there is really not any need for something like troops cap(limiting received troops level).
    We had enough discussion on this topic and i recommend everyone to just move over it.
    This thread will get closed when a Mod decide that the discussion had run its course.
    When you feel there is no point discussing it further, then there is no need to recommend to others to stop as well. You said this was something that no one wants, but in fact there are a lot of forumers on this thread that does think this is required by arguing this is better for the long term of the game (whether that's true it's again up to SC to decide, not me, not you, or anyone else).

At the end, SC will be the one to decide whether we should have a limit to the level of CC Troops that lower TH level could received and use. Saying it's over and recommend to everyone that "we" should stop IMO it's similar to trying to represent SC or Mod or represent everyone else (which might against forum rule? up to Mod to decide), when in fact each individual forumer is representing just himself in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I did tried. I have been TH3 TH4 TH5 TH6 TH7 TH8 myself, I don't have high level CC troops in the past, but I didn't have any issue tripling any base. In other words, putting a limit on lower TH CC troops won't impact the 3 star rate at all.
    this is patently absurd. i explained twice now that creating artificial cc troop limits will most definitely make attacking harder, not easier. when i was th6 the very first time in 2017, i had to use about 35 archers to deal with any cc. that's up closer to 43 now, but the process is the same.

what's different is back then i could only get level 7 hogs. they were good and allowed me to 3 most 6s back then. but the 10s that are in the game now are allowing my th6 accounts to triple th7s. i just did it today in our baby clan. without those level ten hogs i would not be able to pull that off regardless of your opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; August 8th, 2020 at 04:05 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    this is patently absurd. i explained twice now that creating artificial cc troop limits will most definitely make attacking harder, not easier. when i was th6 the very first time in 2017, i had to use about 35 archers to deal with any cc. that's up closer to 43 now, but the process is the same.

what's different is back then i could only get level 7 hogs. they were good and allowed me to 3 most 6s back then. but the 10s that are in the game now are allowing my th6 accounts to triple th7s. i just did it today in our baby clan. without those level ten hogs i would not be able to pull that off regardless of your opinion on the matter.
    My post that you quoted and your post itself are arguing on 2 different things. Mine is about 3 star rate of same TH level. While yours is about tripling bases which are one TH level above yours, which should be almost impossible to achieve in any TH level.
    It is patently more absurd to think that it's natural a TH6 should have the ability to triple any TH7.

With your example, limiting say a TH6 to receive maximum level 7 Hog Riders will make it just about right for a TH6 to triple another TH6. It was never designed for a TH6 to have the ability to triple bases which are TH7.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; August 8th, 2020 at 07:16 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    While yours is about tripling bases which are one TH level above yours, which should be almost impossible to achieve in any TH level.
    It is patently more absurd to think that it's natural a TH6 should have the ability to triple any TH7.

With your example, limiting say a TH6 to receive maximum level 7 Hog Riders will make it just about right for a TH6 to triple another TH6. It was never designed for a TH6 to have the ability to triple bases which are TH7.

So you are telling that something should be fixed because YOU think it is not designed that way.

You designed the game so you would know?

Of course not, you are just somebody that wants to introduce something "communism-like" by forcing lower levels to be donated and as you can guess in that will result in something that is closer to equality which from what I can recall never was part of clan concept that is in regard which troop lvls will be used in, in fact we have perks that actually reward hard-working clans by increasing their level in ANY given scenario for EVERY th level as it should be, NOBODY should be restricted from getting what he wants just because he is low th level.

AGAIN you are not someone that actually wants to help new players,you are working against them for YOUR OWN benefit which is obvious (you do not need to tell what it is,I know what you actually want) and your philosophies/behaviour/beliefs is something that LUCKILY does not exist in this game.

If this existed I would be first one leave the game and highly likely my entire clan would do that too (because the entire clan depends on high level troops in order to compete against injustice in CWL in general and specificly in regular wars where we get mismatches a lot of the times).
    Last edited by NizaZiza; August 8th, 2020 at 09:46 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by NizaZiza View Post
    So you are telling that something should be fixed because YOU think it is not designed that way.
    It was not designed to have 10-20 CC Troops tripling all the bases from TH4-TH8. CC Troops was designed to help, not more important than main armies. It was not designed originally to have TH6 use CC Troops which are 5-8 level above his TH level, since when Clan Perks was introduced TH11 does not exist yet. Not calling for a "fix" since that's how originally designed. I am just giving my opinion that I think SC should look at high level CC Troops in lower TH levels and up to them to decide (not me or you to decide).

You designed the game so you would know?
    I don't design the game obviously, but that's how it was designed in the first place. That is the fact, and you can't change that.

Of course not, you are just somebody that wants to introduce something "communism-like" by forcing lower levels to be donated and as you can guess in that will result in something that is closer to equality which from what I can recall never was part of clan concept that is in regard which troop lvls will be used in, in fact we have perks that actually reward hard-working clans by increasing their level in ANY given scenario for EVERY th level as it should be, NOBODY should be restricted from getting what he wants just because he is low th level.
    I never asked to remove Clan Perks. I had said it before, Clan Perks should remain the way it is giving 2 additional level to troop donated to them. Except that IMO there should be limit for lower TH level (TH4-TH8) to use just CC Troop 2-3 level higher than their TH level, and not 5-8 level above their TH level.

AGAIN you are not someone that actually wants to help new players,you are working against them for YOUR OWN benefit which is obvious (you do not need to tell what it is,I know what you actually want) and your philosophies/behaviour/beliefs is something that LUCKILY does not exist in this game.
    I am confused.....
    Okay, you have taken things a little too far. All my discussions are about Clash, game play and never about personally attacking someone on this forum. You don't agree with my opinion, that's fine, there is no need to attack someone's philosophies/beliefs the way you did.

If this existed I would be first one leave the game and highly likely my entire clan would do that too (because the entire clan depends on high level troops in order to compete against injustice in CWL in general and specificly in regular wars where we get mismatches a lot of the times).
    You are including another different topic which have no relations to CC Troops. If you are having lopsided disadvantaged matchmaking in Clan War, then your opponent are still with line ups of higher level TH which will also have higher TH CC Troops, which means the war is still lopsided. This paragraph you mentioned is about Clan War Matchmaking, not CC Troops. Having High Level CC Troops does not make the war balanced or solve lopsided Clan War.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; August 8th, 2020 at 02:17 PM.

@Mercfovia. You still haven't answered my question. If your idea is implemented, for example, Townhall 3s would be able to access only level 3 archers/barbarians or level 3 giants. Even the OGs that you are talking about, had access to level 6 archers, valks, level 6 giants and all other sorts of Townhall 9 troops as cc when they were at Townhall 3. That wouldnt exactly be the same experience. The CC troops would be more useless than ever before.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; August 8th, 2020 at 02:45 PM.
    Thank you,TerMinus Prime(TP) for this signature!