Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Overwhelming Clan Castle Troops

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    My post that you quoted and your post itself are arguing on 2 different things. Mine is about 3 star rate of same TH level. While yours is about tripling bases which are one TH level above yours, which should be almost impossible to achieve in any TH level.
    It is patently more absurd to think that it's natural a TH6 should have the ability to triple any TH7.

With your example, limiting say a TH6 to receive maximum level 7 Hog Riders will make it just about right for a TH6 to triple another TH6. It was never designed for a TH6 to have the ability to triple bases which are TH7.
    you ignored my point which is that restricting troop level will make attacking harder not easier. if you are concerned about the experience for noobs you wouldn't want troop level restricted.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; August 9th, 2020 at 04:35 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    the trade off is in favor of the attacker, not the defender. think of it like this:

when max valks were level 6 i could get by with about 33 archers to dispatch 2. now that it's 8 i need about 43. so I'm using 10 extra troop spots. however, I'm also taking level 10 hogs instead of level 7. the extra value from 7 to 10 far out weighs the 10 troop slots i expended.
    Thanks for clarifying! 👍

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    The logical choice it seems is to;

Donations at whatever level unit you have are donated AND
    If the receiver has higher TRAINED they donate at that level. This also takes a burden off the few carriers that some clans have with never being able to receive like for like donations.
    Sorry, but there is nothing "Logical" about that choice. And it takes away most of the benefit of clan perks.

You should be able to donate whatever you are able to train at a minimum, not just what the receiver can.

If they receiver has lower they cap at the maximum level they can train. So a th10 having an electro everytime can only have lvl1 as that's the lowest.
    Clan perks apply as they are time consuming to obtain. Mine wars 2/3 weekly, crushes clan games, promoted in wars for 4 months running and now only lvl6 after forming in March.
    This is a fair trade off, someone having maxed valks or Pekka in Thier CC at lvl4 or whatever is only going to get crushed everytime and throw toys out the pram.
    Anyone that genuinely feels this would be unfair, is just in reality having entitlement issues.
    It would be unfair on those clans who have worked hard for their perks, as it would effectively nullify them.

Otherwise, not particularly unfair, but I see little benefit to anybody other than those who haven't yet got to grips with luring and coping with Clan castles (which I accept does include a lot of newish players).

It certainly won't benefit the game as a whole, because there would be very little incentive for clans to stay as they are, rather than breaking up to form new (level 1) clans to get a fresh start in CWL.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    It is fine the way it is, but surely we understand the hardships that those in less organises groups and lower levels come across and get that coming up against a lvl4 electro in SC is pretty much a dead sentence.
    Remember also, lower levels have to upgrade spell factories, not having spells puts people off doing it, they have to upgrade the archer queen who is pathetic at sub lvl50 these days. Without them the odds are severely stacked.
    Not everyone takes to YT or forums to find help, younger kids can have restrictions places on thehier devices to stop it. Game restrictions aside.
    Some people on here are going a bit ott with Thier demand's that they are entitled to be the clash king and no one should be given a small and let's face it temporary helping hand.
    I don't think anybody is doing that at all.

Just that most of us are happy enough with the way it works (and has always worked). This small "helping hand" would be a significant disadvantage to many more.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    you ignored my point which is that restricting troop level will make attacking harder not easier. if you are concerned about the experience for noobs you wouldn't want troop level restricted.
    Thanks again for twisting my words.
    I never said it's going to be 'easier' by restricting troop level donated to lower TH level. I agreed it's going to be more difficult, but not more difficult than how it was in the past. Like a TH6 in your example, due to Clan Perks, will still receive troops of 2-3 TH level higher than his TH level (and not 5-8 level above his TH level), or in your example a Level 7 Hog Rider (not Level 10 Hog Rider). It was just about right for TH6 to triple another TH6 as you pointed out.

Then you go on to discuss about the 3 star rate of TH6 tripling another TH7, which will obviously drop by restricting CC Troop level donated to lower TH. Then again, it's not natural to think that a TH6 should have the ability to 3 star a TH7. You ignored this point, no?

It looks like you are bringing multiple TH4-TH8 account in your war line ups in order to reduce the overall weight of your Clan for easier matchmaking purpose. That's not wrong, but it is still an exploit to Clan War Matchmaking system. If any, it will just make restricting CC Troop level a good move in the right direction for Clan War that promote fair match making. High level CC Troops was never a solution for unfair/lopsided Clan War, even though it helps / works.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; August 10th, 2020 at 01:15 AM.

I never said it's going to be 'easier' by restricting troop level donated to lower TH level. I agreed it's going to be more difficult, but not more difficult than how it was in the past. Like a TH6 in your example, due to Clan Perks, will still receive troops of 2-3 TH level higher than his TH level (and not 5-8 level above his TH level), or in your example a Level 7 Hog Rider (not Level 10 Hog Rider). It was just about right for TH6 to triple another TH6 as you pointed out.

Then you go on to discuss about the 3 star rate of TH6 tripling another TH7, which will obviously drop by restricting CC Troop level donated to lower TH. Then again, it's not natural to think that a TH6 should have the ability to 3 star a TH7. You ignored this point, no?

It looks like you are bringing multiple TH4-TH8 account in your war line ups in order to reduce the overall weight of your Clan for easier matchmaking purpose. That's not wrong, but it is still an exploit to Clan War Matchmaking system. If any, it will just make restricting CC Troop level a good move in the right direction for Clan War that promote fair match making. High level CC Troops was never a solution for unfair/lopsided Clan War, even though it helps / works.
    I don't get why this discussion has warped from the op talking about 9 and 10 to 4 through 8. When I farmed my mini through those low levels, cc troops were rare to nonexistent. As far as warring, how often does a clan with max players run down to 4 or even 8? Maybe the odd clan of a max 13 and their collection of tiny minis? Even at 9 or 10, the newbie clan with 9 or 10 top shouldn't be facing clans regularly with max troops. I would imagine supercel can mine those numbers if they wanted. Last, the ability to get max troops is the only reason I let low (and by that I mean th10) bases in my clan at all. We can barely get by putting them in any wars as they almost always face higher bases even at the very bottom of our roster.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I never said it's going to be 'easier' by restricting troop level donated to lower TH level. I agreed it's going to be more difficult, but not more difficult than how it was in the past. Like a TH6 in your example, due to Clan Perks, will still receive troops of 2-3 TH level higher than his TH level (and not 5-8 level above his TH level), or in your example a Level 7 Hog Rider (not Level 10 Hog Rider).
    Thanks for ignoring me again. You are still talking about just Townhall 6. Howsoever you think, your idea is going to make the cc more useless than ever for the even lower townhalls(2-5). It wouldnt be impossible to 3-star, but it would make the cc near-useless. In other words, 3-starring would be more difficult than ever. Even in the olden times, Townhall 3s could get level 6 archers/level 6 giants/valks etc. Your idea is restricting them to just getting level 3 Barch as cc.

Edit:Seems as if he has added me to his ignore list and cant see my comments. Nvm.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; August 10th, 2020 at 05:01 AM.
    Leader, Grand Synergy(#2Y9ULYRGY)

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I don't get why this discussion has warped from the op talking about 9 and 10 to 4 through 8. When I farmed my mini through those low levels, cc troops were rare to nonexistent. As far as warring, how often does a clan with max players run down to 4 or even 8? Maybe the odd clan of a max 13 and their collection of tiny minis? Even at 9 or 10, the newbie clan with 9 or 10 top shouldn't be facing clans regularly with max troops. I would imagine supercel can mine those numbers if they wanted. Last, the ability to get max troops is the only reason I let low (and by that I mean th10) bases in my clan at all. We can barely get by putting them in any wars as they almost always face higher bases even at the very bottom of our roster.
    It falls under the same category of "overwhelming clan castle troops" which are about high level CC Troops in lower TH levels. I could easily create another thread to talk about TH4-TH8 specifically which I am convinced will get talk off by others "you are creating the same thread" and then will get merged with this thread since it's still about the same topic, just different TH level. When you talk about max level CC troops at TH9-TH10 and whether it should be the case, it's pretty understandable to talk about lower TH levels as it impacted lower TH level game play even more.

Completely agree about the rarity of war line ups bringing TH4-TH8, especially at high end. However, it seems that's the case for Thegreatpuma, NizaZiza, Game Changer, and few others, since they keep talking about TH4-TH8 attacking higher TH level in war with the help of high level CC Troops and that should continue be the case. Personally I couldn't care about low perma TH4-TH8 bringing max CC Troops since I run only TH13 war line ups nowadays (few TH12s) and any change down there won't impact my clan at all (or older players). But I do think it will have long term impact on the game for new players if it continue to be the case, perma TH4-TH8 shouldn't be considered much when talking about long term of the game as those bases will permanently stay at low TH level.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; August 10th, 2020 at 02:52 AM.

It falls under the same category of "overwhelming clan castle troops" which are about high level CC Troops in lower TH levels. I could easily create another thread to talk about TH4-TH8 specifically which I am convinced will get talk off by others "you are creating the same thread" and then will get merged with this thread since it's still about the same topic, just different TH level. When you talk about max level CC troops at TH9-TH10 and whether it should be the case, it's pretty understandable to talk about lower TH levels as it impacted lower TH level game play even more.

Completely agree about the rarity of war line ups bringing TH4-TH8, especially at high end. However, it seems that's the case for Thegreatpuma, NizaZiza, Game Changer, and few others, since they keep talking about TH4-TH8 attacking higher TH level in war with the help of high level CC Troops and that should continue be the case. Personally I couldn't care about low perma TH4-TH8 bringing max CC Troops since I run only TH13 war line ups nowadays (few TH12s) and any change down there won't impact my clan at all. But I do think it will have long term impact on the game if it continue to be the case, perma TH4-TH8 shouldn't be considered much when talking about long term of the game as those bases will permanently stay at low TH level.
    I quoted you but wasn't really directed at you. Honestly,I think anything below th6, maybe 7, is irrelevant in the game now. My thought is instead of all these tweaks to cc troops is that those low town halls may vanish or be magically finished in the Tutorial. The gap between them and max is wide and will get wider.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

You said twice on page 6 that reducing donation level would not make attacking more difficult. Here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12644298 and here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12644305
    I've repeatedly explained why that was wrong. My point holds for any townhall level vs any other, level is irrelevant. I was simply using a specific example with my small accounts because the conversation got moved toward that way back then.