Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Overwhelming Clan Castle Troops

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    So you will just simply tell these noobs to leave the game?, when there's actually a proper solution for this notorious Clash of Clan Castle Troops? It's not about us veteran players that keeps the game, it's also about these new comers enjoying the game with their gaming experience without the prior knowledge that they must have which we veterans have. People will just simply quit if they have to dump their entire troops just to take a CC.. I am very much open to anything about the easy things we have now, but don't forget there are tons and tons of people coming in which are genuinely new players.
    What i meant was that more people would probably leave the game if the clan castle troops were removed. The removal of cc troops would make the lower levels harder. In short, its a double-edged sword, if anything.

Also, just 15-20 archers can take out a max level baby dragon in a Townhall 4 and baby dragon is the strongest cc troop in TH4 IMO, if they are strategically placed. Place just 4 loons on the defences, and you can 3-star it easily without even cc troops. Same applies to the higher townhalls. 4-5 Wiz and a poison can take out the cc out in higher levels.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; August 6th, 2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Leader, Grand Synergy(#2Y9ULYRGY)

Centennial Club
    First of all, in scenario where everyone has access to high level cc, attacker has more benefit than defender.
    Why? He can choose where to use it to get most of the value. It is also easy to kill any defending cc e.g. low th can kill baby dragon with archers, while the Valkyrie can be killed for 0 troops loss(trick with giant).

New players are not measurement of game difficulty, especially since all they have to learn in th2-6 is to 1)lure cc,2)kill it, 3)use their own cc(does not have to be max lvl th9 can be useful for donations) and army to get easy 3*. This can be easily learned from their clanmates or yt. At higher th lvls they should have already learned to deal with cc and that will represent part of their skills.

Now concerns about defending.
    Defender can increase his possibility of surviving by requesting right cc for his base, if that is not enough and he really does not want to be attacked by th9+ cc he can run low th war or sign up special tournament that are organised sometimes. No need to change entire game just for them.

For the last, I will just say that all this(thread+some replies) seem more like a rant against high lvl clans with high lvl ths and their strong troops. It is a rant actually against the effort others made which paid off with that well-deserved advantage(which they still have rarely).
    Last edited by NizaZiza; August 6th, 2020 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    What i meant was that more people would probably leave the game if the clan castle troops were removed. The removal of cc troops would make the lower levels harder. In short, its a double-edged sword, if anything.

Also, just 15-20 archers can take out a max level baby dragon in a Townhall 4, if they are strategically placed. Place just 4 loons on the defences, and you can 3-star it easily without even cc troops. Same applies to the higher townhalls. 4-5 Wiz and poison can take out the cc.out the high
    No..... I wasn't saying to remove, I never said anything about removal of CC troops, what I'm trying to point out is having the CC troop levels adjust depending on the receiving town hall level. And those adjustment will be based upon SC's data, let's say a level 2 eddie is enough to balance the power of TH9 both offense and defense, so if they find these balancing is good, then we can say that when someone donates a max eddie on a TH9, it's level will adjust, I'm off with the math and numbers, that ain't my thing, I'm just looking forward for adjustments on lower town halls.
    Last edited by maximooze007; August 6th, 2020 at 10:58 AM.

No..... I wasn't saying to remove, I never said anything about removal of CC troops, what I'm trying to point out is having the CC troop levels adjust depending on the receiving town hall level. And those adjustment will be based upon SC's data, let's say a level 2 eddie is enough to balance the power of TH9 both offense and defense, so if they find these balancing is good, then we can say that when someone donates a max eddie on a TH9, it's level will adjust, I'm off with the math and numbers, that ain't my thing, I'm just looking forward for adjustments on lower town halls.
    That would be a quite good idea. But that would make it quite complex and impossible to understand. How do you think a player would keep track of the levels that his cc can hold, if it does not follow any specific pattern?I have a feeling that if anything, they may make the cc troops to the max level of the townhall. That would basically make the cc troops completely useless and would be as good as if it did not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    That would be a quite good idea. But that would make it quite complex and impossible to understand. How do you think a player would keep track of the levels that his cc can hold, if it does not follow any specific pattern?I have a feeling that if anything, they may make the cc troops to the max level of the townhall. That would basically make the cc troops completely useless and would be as good as if it did not exist.
    That could be another UI adjustment so a player can have a visual information of the troop levels, it won't make it useless, it will strike the balance for lower town halls, this issue is starting to come in during this TH13 era, I assume it's not yet obvious way back 12 and 11, so the adjustment of troop levels could be based on those Th's lab's levels.

Centennial Club
    Concern about failing an attack because of cc lvl does not make sense as I have already written why. That is unless the attacker does not know how to kill cc which is matter of his incompetence to do so.

Just a very simple example:
    Killing lvl1 baby dragon: 16 lvl2 archers enough
    Lvl7 baby dragon: 19 enough

Difference of 3 lvl 2 archers,litteraly nothing.
    Concern because of lvl is not logical bcz lvl give something that is closer to linear power growth while you can use more troops which gives EXPONENTIAL power growth.
    Last edited by NizaZiza; August 6th, 2020 at 11:11 AM.

That could be another UI adjustment so a player can have a visual information of the troop levels, it won't make it useless, it will strike the balance for lower town halls, this issue is starting to come in during this TH13 era, I assume it's not yet obvious way back 12 and 11, so the adjustment of troop levels could be based on those Th's lab's levels.
    How would it be useful? 10 level 2 barbarians to a Townhall 3 OR 1 lvl 4 dragon + 2 lvl 6 giants to a Townhall 9 is as good as nothing.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; August 6th, 2020 at 11:19 AM.

Centennial Club
    And just to add something that should be also obvious to anyone who knows purpose and way to use poison.
    Lvl7 poison, which even if it is not accessible in current clan(can be always donated in req n leave clans), is answer for litteraly any cc lvl does not matter(it has exponential damage scaling+extreme reduction of attacking speed,therefore DPS) if it is of course in the RIGHT hands.
    Last edited by NizaZiza; August 6th, 2020 at 11:28 AM.

There have been threads about high level cc troops since long before th12. There's not that much difference between th11 level and th13 level troops. The answer is, and always has been, learn to handle cc troops.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Centennial Club
    so let me get this straight, this clan castle function is both too broken for defense and offense? sounds like its fairly balanced then.

also a little spoiler, your dependance on your CC to get 3 stars only shifts to your hero levels as you get higher. youll experience the joy of an 800 dps monster with higher hp than most defenses in the village go ballistic until your 800 dps monster comes in and pops a 1500 dmg increase and destroys the next 3 things in sight.